Amblesides Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambleside

Jun 9, 2022
Your in-game name: Ambleside
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:658027455
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199276320639/home
Date of ban: 27/06/22
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): banned for toxicity, even though I was speaking a language that doesn't exist.
Who banned you: Jimothy / Sahns
Ban length?: 3 days
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): Toxicity (idk what one that is)
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Not speak an imaginary language to mock imaginary people
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes
Why should you be unbanned: Because I was speaking a language that doesn't exist in roleplay.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Because I won't offend imaginary people speaking a language that doesn't exist.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Because i'm CPT.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
Hi there Ambleside,

So I was conducting my AOD duties and spectating RP scenarios to make sure they were going smoothly, when I found you being arrested by MPK. I watched the arrest and saw you had changed your in game name from Ambleside to Xang Ping. You then began speaking incoherently as if to mock the Chinese language. I requested the other AOD to teleport to me and watch the situation, and he caught you doing it. The other AOD (which was @Anakin Skywalker) agreed that it was insulting and offensive to do especially in front of the large group of people present. I then brought you into a sit where I explained how what you were doing could be found offensive to others and why I believed shouldn't have done so. During the sit, I requested another staff member take over the sit as I felt I may suffer from a potential unconscious bias and my judgement may be affected by it. This led to Sahns teleporting to me, where I explained the situation to him. He stated that it should be Toxicity Class D due to your previous offences. I brought you back and explained your punishment and you proceeded to leave the game during the sit whilst still being in teamspeak. I asked you there alongside another Moderator to rejoin the game for the punishment to be properly issued and waited 20 minutes following your disconnect however I saw no signs of you reconnecting. This led to me issuing a ban for LTAP + Toxicity (Class D) for four days.

Thanks,
Jimothy

Ambleside

Jun 9, 2022
Hi there Ambleside,

So I was conducting my AOD duties and spectating RP scenarios to make sure they were going smoothly, when I found you being arrested by MPK. I watched the arrest and saw you had changed your in game name from Ambleside to Xang Ping. You then began speaking incoherently as if to mock the Chinese language. I requested the other AOD to teleport to me and watch the situation, and he caught you doing it. The other AOD (which was @Anakin Skywalker) agreed that it was insulting and offensive to do especially in front of the large group of people present. I then brought you into a sit where I explained how what you were doing could be found offensive to others and why I believed shouldn't have done so. During the sit, I requested another staff member take over the sit as I felt I may suffer from a potential unconscious bias and my judgement may be affected by it. This led to Sahns teleporting to me, where I explained the situation to him. He stated that it should be Toxicity Class D due to your previous offences. I brought you back and explained your punishment and you proceeded to leave the game during the sit whilst still being in teamspeak. I asked you there alongside another Moderator to rejoin the game for the punishment to be properly issued and waited 20 minutes following your disconnect however I saw no signs of you reconnecting. This led to me issuing a ban for LTAP + Toxicity (Class D) for four days.

Thanks,
Jimothy
Let me state something, you said you warned me under toxicity, please state how by speaking partially chinese, partially gibberish falls under any toxicity, was I offending anyone present during the situation? No.

May I please also state the fact people roleplay languages on this server ALL THE TIME. Just because it's Asian and unfamiliar doesn't mean you should take offence, because from what I see, all the individuals that were present, were laughing. If anyone had a problem, I would of stopped immediately and apologized but because what I was saying did not make sense, there was no reason to be alarmed.

Please may I also the fact that their are people freely roaming around the server with offensive nicknames all the the time, Kike for example. Do you take action upon such individuals? No. Do I see this as bias, yes. Do I also see my name as offensive? No.

In my opinion you have blown this way out of proportion. Did I mean anything from what I was saying? No. Did I just want to make people laugh and have an enjoyable RP experience? Yes.

Please for future reference understand what the individuals intention was before specifically you take offence to it, as no one else was offended, nor did they have any reason to be :)

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
Ambleside had not mentioned anything about being from another country and you assumed that he was speaking Chinese, Chinese is not a language there is both Mandarin and Cantonese. I think that him not specifying what language he was speaking or that he was just messing around should be considered as roleplay, you spectating and intervening may be thought of as destructive to the situation. You made a speculation which resulted in his ban for toxicity, previous situations lead me to believe that in order to create a staff situation for toxicity the person who was offended must make a staff ticket otherwise nothing can be done about the situation because no one was offended. You cannot blame Ambleside for creating a funny roleplay situation, if you find someone who he was offending then you must make sure to get them to create the staff ticket, I was told by TM Tom, You and SA Alex that without someone being offended and not making a ticket, no action can take place. As for Ambleside leaving to avoid the situation, he left the situation because he felt that you were just making the issue worse and you were escalating something that should not have been a problem to begin with into an issue that resulted in him being banned. Shortly after he contacted a member of server leadership and is still awaiting their response. Any questions regarding this message just DM me.

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Complaint Response

Hi @Ambleside ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a complaint.

After speaking to my SL counterparts, we have agreed upon removing the "LTAP" part of your initial ban, however, in the future please avoid leaving a staff sit without informing the staff handling the sit.

Based on the above, your ban will be edited and your ban length reduced to 3 days, in regards to your complaint.

You may wait out the rest of your time.

Kind regards,
Doofy​

Status
Not open for further replies.