Your in-game name: Garratz
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:75592978
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/theoneandonlygary/
Date of ban: 13.03.2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): "Macroing"
Who banned you: Don't know, I had to run off due to emergency
Ban length?: A bloody week
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I don't know, try not to get emergencies next time I need to go afk? And also don't macro I guess
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Nope
Why should you be unbanned: Because the ban is a bit of an overkill. A week ban for something that minor? I'd understand a day long ban, but something like this is just not worth a week ban. At most, that'd be a day ban or restricting my access to SCPs for the time.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I promise I'll be a good boy
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Cuz my friends are playing on it and I wish to join them in the smash

Tommy Lee

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 1, 2022
Hi Garratz,

Another member of staff took the sit stating that you were AFK. He wished for me to come and get a second opinion. I teleported to him and it showed you were macroing a walk script (you continuously was spinning around walking). I proceeded to bring you to an admin sit and watched you spin around. This would lead to you bypassing a small amount of AFK detection and can be considered Farming for SCP XP. Although you can be AFK as the SCP you do not need a macro for this. I waited a minute for you to not return. I proceeded to check the Punishment Guidelines and it showed that Class-A (First offenses) were to be banned for a week. This is due to any scripting or macroing being an unfair advantage to other users.

I understand that there may be an "emergency" but you could of moved off of the SCP. This would of allowed for someone else to take your spot and proceed with roleplay. However, You used this macro to (my belief) make people assume you weren't AFK.

I hope you understand the reasoning behind the punishment and I do hope you understand why this ban was applied.

Kind Regards,
Tommy Lee

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
As explained to you in Discord, going AFK for emergencies is fine, but "I had an emergency" isn't an excuse for setting up a macro to stop yourself getting set off the job / farming XP.

If you don't acknowledge this, your appeal won't be accepted. "Don't macro I guess" isn't good enough.

Garratz

Mar 11, 2022
Oh, you wanted me to reply here, sorry. Yeah, I acknowledged it when I got told about it here. I understand what I did wrong and I won't do it again.

Bubba

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Garratz

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

For future reference don't use a macro while on the server, if you need to AFK for a few minutes that is fine but any later than that you should switch jobs to allow other players to be on that SCP.​

Status
Not open for further replies.