Cache loading freezes

Foolio05

Jul 19, 2021
Hello,

if the game loads the cahing stuff (so the lag spikes get prevented) the loading just stops.
As soon as hear game sounds, the loading stops.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Jons

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
Hey lad, I just wanna make sure I get this correctly, you load into the server and your game tries to cache images does it get stuck on a number?

Foolio05

Jul 19, 2021
Yesterday at 11 pm i got into the server and i played like 30 minutes, i tabbed out and in again and the game froze. After that I connected to the server again and when I opened the F4 menu the game always froze. Like 3 times in a row.

Jons

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
Sorry for the long wait, Here are a few solutions I can offer you:

1.If you're not on the chromium branch (64x) you can switch by right clicking on Garry's Mod, Properties, BETAS, you'll see 5 options, x86-64 is the one I used to use which is basically just 1 update after the 2nd option (chromium), they're basically the same.

2.Verify your files, You can do so by right clicking on Garry's Mod, Properties, Local Files & "click on Verify integrity of game files..."

lmk if it works after you've tried both solutions.

Out of curiosity though, what are your PC specs?

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
I have this,try lowering your resolution or play at 1080p because when i tried 1600x900 the same thing happened to me
On a potato pc,you can reinstall gmod,also try joining when there are less people like 10 or 20 so you make sure it isnt your pc being poo