[CG] How 2 WAC [TRANSLATED]

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
THIS IS COPIED FROM MY ENJIN TUTORIAL, SOME BBCODE DOES NOT WORK ON HERE]

WAC for Dummies

(I've highlighted the important points in red if you want to skim through, but I recommend reading it all as I've probably missed some things to highlight)

90% of the player base have no idea how to fly a helicopter, & when they get in one it looks like this:

bdad042462311cca4e615621b9352157.gif

So, I'll just be writing down here how to fly a helicopter (WAC) without instantly dying so you can just vibe around DarkRP or join ABT/JAF on MRP. I used to train pilots when I was ABT COL so I'll just put everything into here.

DarkRP
On DarkRP there is little to no competition when it comes to helicopter's, so it's safer to fly.​

Skybox: On CG the skybox is really low & very inconvenient for flying - but it's what you'll have to make-do with. Type in your console cl_showpos 1, and at the top right of your screen you'll see a group of numbers like this.
d62bdc1dd08f635aa5be0fb641effe7a.png
ty fiski for showing me this
[highlight=#dd2423]On CG the skybox is around 1750 [/highlight] [top right number] so you'll never want to go to close to that number or you'll just destroy your propellors.

Basic Controls/5iq taking off:

Hold Q -> Options -> WAC -> Aircrafts ; this is what my options are if you want to copy them, but I'd recommend finding your own.
e21043fdf7fb924fc139c935c36d714c.png

I want to focus on staying in the air more, so if you can't hold W to get into the air click on this hyperlink for a basic but useful WAC thread.

WAC "cheat" tip:

When learning to fly you'll end up in weird situations all the time, one second you're going 2 mph, the next you're going mach10 upside down. [highlight=#dd2423]If you're ever in a sticky spot, an easy way to get out of it (that works a lot of the time) is by going in hover mode and holding W[/highlight]. It's not a get-out-of-jail free card though, don't expect to be saved by this method if you're going lightspeed into the ground whilst sideways.

But, if you're - say - about to crash into the water because you accidently dipped to far down, going into hover mode + holding W automatically, both, pulls you up and evens you out. Having this option can help you be more confident when flying.
This is a bit unrealistic because I was forcing myself into this situation to prove a point, but you can see what I'm getting at:

4bc08c43f9af1b2e66919190788f5ed2.gif

Flying at optimum speed:
Flying is easy once you find your speed. All you need to do is fly around for a bit, after several crashed you'll see what I mean. Hold W and dip the nose of your helicopter forward, eventually you'll find a point where you won't fly into the skybox or dive into the ocean - instead you just travel forwards. You'll never keep your mouse in one spot though, so when/if you dip down you can always pull back up.

2e53afef578c57adf787d2b4c82b831a.gif

Turning effectively/safely:

[highlight=#dd2423]When you turn you don't turn with only your mouse/only your keyboard. They're co-dependant [/highlight]if you want to turn quickly/safely. If you want to do a full 180 then you can turn your mouse left/hold A, or you can turn your mouse right and hold D until you reach the point you want to get to.
e62d5a391e15ce2d395dd9f8e94e2cc4.gif

Landing is ez:

Landing is the easiest thing to do in WAC, once you have landed a few times it's really easy. All you need to do is go into [highlight=#dd2423]hover mode & hold S[/highlight]. Make sure you don't go down too fast or you'll take damage and or bounce back up and crash. Descend at a reasonable speed, hover mode will stabilise you - just make sure there's nothing around that'll take off your propellers.
3521374fdaf661fca3e4ef087ea20ab8.gif
d344be650e95bc00fb4844648d039156.gif

4afd531639aa4fe4e95b43a135e3e7a5.jpg

Best way to practice

Flying around in circles is a good way of practicing and getting used to heli's, but if you want to get really good it's not the best way. I recommend going into SP to start with and trying a range of helicopter's (armed ones are better) then strafe some areas. [highlight=#dd2423]If you learn how to fly in combat then it'll help you in general[/highlight], as you learn to adjust your heli in the best way. Once you master strafing areas you'll see that your flying has improved. You can then try dogfights with a friend if you want to practice. After you've done that head onto CG and fly your helicopter. When in CG make sure to put yourself in very uncomfortable situations and try flying around, it'll help you improve and get used to odd scenarios.

Final statement:

You can read all of the guides in the world but [highlight=#dd2423]the best way to learn is through trial and error[/highlight]. If you just utilise hover-mode like it's stabilisers on a bike you'll be able to fly in no time.[highlight=#dd2423] Flying in CG is harder than on SP because of lag, so it's good to get used to that.[/highlight]

I'd recommend trying to find someone good with WAC to set you off also, as useful as this guide can be, having someone talk you through it and showing you things will always be more effective. I read some guides and got pretty good at flying on my own, but when Stun taught me some things I got 10x better - and that'll be the same for everyone.

[rule]

That's all for now, if you have any questions message me - Coolioo#9999 - I could've added some extra things but it'd end up way too long; so use this as a foundation on how to fly.

- Helicopter man

• Angry
Reactions: Billy and Janus