Not open for further replies.

Metropolitan

Dec 26, 2020
Original Join name (your accounts first ever name):
Unsure, most likely Metropolitan.

Which server is this for (put [cg] or [cc] in thread title):
CG

For how long have you played on the server:
Had been on and off since 2016 however I have been very active for the last year or so.

In what country are you located?:
United Kingdom

Time zone:
GMT +0

In-game name and Previous Names:
ARC Metropolitan

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:150797632

Do you have a mic?:
Yes

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
Yes

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have been banned once around 3 years ago for messing with a business. Since then I've had a few warnings however I've only had around 2 in the last year if I recall correctly. (One of which was tiering, the other I can't remember).

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member/Roleplay Keeper/Game Master in a community?:
I have been a moderator on CG previously twice before - I have also created and lead a StarWarsRP server quite a few years ago which gained some popularity.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
I can usually be on for quite a few hours everyday at some point - typically (3/4+)

Why do you want to become a Roleplay Keeper/Game Master for our server?:
I think that CG needs a new roleplay keeper to help push it in the right direction - especially so soon after 3.0's launch. I do not want to be a staff member again since I like to dedicate my time on CG to more spontaneous and free flowing roleplay as opposed to being bound by requirements.

Please list some ideas you have for interesting RP situations:
I am currently in the development stage of a CG wide ARG that utilises various aspects of CG - namely MNScript, game mechanics, locations and more to tell a story. I think that this has the potential to create many different RP scenarios over the span of several weeks as players attempt to piece together a story and may have the opportunities to collaborate in order to solve the pieces quicker, or to sabotage for their own personal gain. My organisation "ARC" acts as an overarching group of greedy businessmen. Whilst in character our aim is to make money and take over the world - in reality myself and the other members of ARC are dedicated to creating RP in all aspects as we hire employees to create meaningful and fun interactions. I've created several communities in the past and have created seasonally themed communities such as the 2020 Halloween town.

Some other situational ideas include:

- Coffee Shop (Selling VCraft coffee with free wifi thanks to new MaxNet router PPID settings)
- Highly advanced virology lab with an airlock system
- City wide overwatch system to assist the police
- Public Library with MNScript kiosks.

Please list some ideas you have for creating good RP for new players specifically:
New players are often focused on establishing themselves in CG and getting a foot in the door as they are continously learning about the server's mechanics and atmosphere. Hiring new players to work for establishments such as banks helps keep roleplay alive and also benefits new players as they get paid for their services. Assisting new players with MNScript (as many players who come on have previous experience with C like languages) leads to the possibility of new MNScript content being made which is beneficial to everybody on the server.

Please list some ideas you have for mini-events or events:

- Naval Warfare
Two oil tanker ships in the ocean manned by two teams, aiming to access the command panel of the adjacent ship. Players can choose to pick off targets and take cover, or to storm the opposing ship and attempt to board it at their own risk. Utilises a king of the hill style mechanic in which every second an enemy player is using the opposing ship's terminal, a point is subtracted. Once the ticker hits 0, the attacking team wins, signalled by sound emitters.

- Labyrinth
Players are tasked with finding the center of a large labyrinth filled with simple yet spread apart clues. These clues put together form a password that can be entered on a terminal at the center of the labyrinth. Players can work together to find these clues by patrolling the maze, however only one player can win. With two weapons lying around the maze, betrayal is an inevitable option.

Other ideas include:
- Game Show
- Olympic Games (1 per team for each "sport")
- Helicopter Battle

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server?:
I think I can help with building roleplay structures as well as event dupes as I'd like to think I'm a good builder. I think that I can bring more active and continuous RP to CG. I have played CG for a long time and I'm greatly familiar with it's mechanics and the community and I believe I can apply this knowledge to create new and interesting roleplay in various different ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reco

Coolioo

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
+support, very active ig, solid event ideas, mature

I'd say you are the person I wanted to make a RPK application the most

Nathan

Nathan
Donator
Dec 22, 2020
+Support
+ Mature and active in-game
+ Well known and well respected figure in the community
+ Strong application

I think you’d make a fantastic RPK. Your fresh outlook and new event ideas are what the community needs to open up new RP and entertainment opportunities. Best of luck mate!

Sofa

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support
+ Mature and active in-game
+ Well known and respected
+ Strong application

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support
+Active in-game
+Mature
+Good rule knowledge
+Great RP and good building

My only note is that you could be on ts more, other than that best of luck.

JFK

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Jan 1, 2021
+Support
+Active in-game
+Respected/Well known member of the community
+Mature
+Good Rule knowledge
+Very good RP and building skills

I cant think of a reason why you wouldn't make a great RPK. Good Luck!

NeptuneColony

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 3, 2021
+Support
-Some great ideas.
-Semi-Active (more active recently)
-A lot of Business RP (ARC is not your typical organisation.)

Flames

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 10, 2021
+Support
Active
Good RP
The application seems strong and the event ideas seem promising.

Bonga

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support
-Very mature
-Strong app
-Great ideas
-Active in game
~Should be more active on ts3
Good luck !

Hydro

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Programming Team
Dec 19, 2020
Accepted,

You've done more than enough recently for me to be able to trust that you'll put it to good use. I'll give you more info on Teamspeak.

Status
Not open for further replies.