Time Zone: GMT+1
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:
- It is my forst dev app.

Have you received any bans?:
- No.

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):

Do you have any experience with Git?:
- Yes. I am using Github for my own projects.

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?:
- Not particularly in GMod. In the last few weeks i have looked into the documentation for GMod (+syntax for Lua (had some experience with Lua before)) and got familiar with the basic concepts of GMod.
I have past experience in java, C++, python, pawn (C like language) and mainly javascript (xddd). Im into software development on and off for over 10 years.
It started out when i was 13 years old and used C++ with SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) to create some 2D games. In the last years i have broadened my spectrum and got into the languages mentioned above. A few years ago i was community leader in a very big german gta san andreas rp server. I have created scripts with pawn for that server, so that gives me some experience in the same field.
Recently i also got into the topic of hardware. I created an userinterface and automation and used standard protocols to communicate in between hardware. (much fun!)

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:
- At the very least 4 hours a week. But probbly wayy more. (depends on the project and how much time i got regarding my MRP requirements).

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
- MRP needs more developees and (imho) more "major" updates regulary. I believe that i can provide good work in helping out the dev team in implementing ideas into the game/fix bugs/bring fresh air into the dev team.
Even though i have not that much experience/history with GLua/GMod library im a very fast learner and im highly motivated.

Last edited:

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Here is a little clientside autobhop i just made. Nothing special.
- Uses a vgui panel with a checkbox to toggle autobhop mode on and off

// EDIT
Will post a new showcase this evening probbly

Last edited:

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
--Smoke Launcher for Tanks--

-Launches 4 smoke nades from tanks for safety
-early version

Last edited:

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
--NET LIBRARY / HUD--

It got requested that i show something including a HUD and the net library.
This is just a simple fading HUD Paint i made. The text you input gets send to the server and rendered at the hud of every player via net commands. Could be used for event messages eg.
Again nothing major/that i worked on for hours, just a showcase that i can use the net library and use HUD paint elements.

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Application Accepted

Hi Chad Power,

Sorry that it took me so long to get around to looking at this application, I know we've spoken about it a little bit before, but time got away from me a little bit with this one unfortunately.

I've spoken to Bogdan about this, and we believe that you'd be suitable for the role. Please come on Teamspeak and have a word with either me or Bogdan and we can talk through your smod/developer requirements as well as what we'd like you to work on.​

Status
Not open for further replies.