Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
Your in-game name: Joebert BushKelly
Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:55986908
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/YouJustGotBeamedLOL/
Date of ban:3/25
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):Mass RDM
Who banned you: No clue they didnt put their name.
Ban length?:2 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I wont try to test out guns with my friend I guess then?
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? I dont think so at all. I didn't even know that was a thing and the staff didn't even check my warnings/bans. I even told them I didn't know it was against the rules and they said they didn't care at all and that you're being banned.
Why should you be unbanned: I should of never been banned in the first place me and my friend were testing guns out and damage. As a joke he made a sit he then told the admin it was a joke. The staff then said it was mass rdm and I would still be banned. I only killed him 4 times and I personally think that is wayyyyyyyyy too long to be a 2 week ban for someone who consented to me killing them. Also that wouldn't be rdm. Its not like we were ruining anyones RP we were the only people on surface zone and we were just on civilian characters testing out guns bruh.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I wont test out guns too see how good they're then.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Personally I don't really want too now I feel as my entire experience has been ruined from this server but I would like the staff that banned me to realize how stupid that was. I do want to play this server because it has some really cool development and things too do but now my feelings are mixed on this.

blokerick

Mar 26, 2022
+1 I was the one who called the sit on Chad, then halfway into the sit I said actually this was not RDM could you please return us, The staff then didn't return us and persisted to reach for a ban saying that Chad RDMed me, when I clearly stated in the sit that he did not RDM me, Even though the ticket maker LITERALLY said that I wasn't RDMED by Chad the Staff members persisted and eventually banned Chad for "MASSRDM" I fail to see how this is RDM in general, and why his ban reason is RDM in the first place, when the TICKET MAKER, tells the staff member he wasn't RDMed and would like to be returned, this is just a case of a powerhungry staff who was reaching for a ban to complete his quota, as the person who called the SIT on Chad I would like him to be unbanned as he clearly didn't break any rule.

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Chad ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I understand that you and your friend were just wanting to test weapons. However Rule 1.1 says "Don’t RDM - You need a valid RP reason to kill someone." Even if its just you and your friend on the surface testing weapons it is still not a valid RP reason. For whatever reason you called a sit on your friend. At that moment the staff member took the sit and looked into the situation and found you two were killing each other multiple times. The staff member was in fact just doing his job and was not "power hungry for his quota".

However, you and your friend were not ruining or intervening RP with other players. Yes, you did still commit RDM x4. I will reduce your ban to 1 week. Please take this into consideration if you are to return to the server when your ban is over. Please read over the rules while you wait out your ban to be sure on what you can and cannot do. If you would like to talk more about this ban, you may reach out to me on discord at Bubba#0738.

Kind regards,
Bubba​

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020

Hello again @Chad ,

After speaking with Network Leadership, we have decided to reduce your ban to only 1 day. I want you to remember that when you are unbanned that you should just be killing your friend just to test weapons. Please remember to read the rules next time you join to assure yourself that you are following the rules, and wont be punished any more.

Kind regards,
Bubba​

Status
Not open for further replies.