15 weeks

-What country are you from?:

England

-Time Zone:

BST

-Do you have a mic?:

Yes

-Is this your first application for 3D Modeler? If not, link previous ones:

This is my first application on this subject.

-Have you received any bans?:

No

-How confident are you with 3D Modeling software such as Blender or Maya. (1-10, give some detail as to why you would give yourself that rating.):

5, Although I use blender a lot, I still have much to learn when it comes to the creation of models, especially with riggling, face flexes, and the latter. like most people, I am still learning many things about how playermodels work.

-Do you have previous experience as a 3D Modeler for GMod?:

I do, some of my playermodels have been used on popular servers

- What source games have you modeled for and used the content of?:

Garry's mod, I tend to rig models for the sake of doing it, I used to rig star wars models for an old server I helped out, and after it got the boot, I just upload anything I do for anyone to use, with some exceptions of course, I.E the CM model is only on the SCP server and not the workshop.

-How many hours can you commit to 3D Modeling per week?:

2-3

-Why do you want to be a 3D Modeler? What can you help us with?:

Some of my work is already on the server, I believe I can help the server out by giving jobs a more unique look rather than just having some generic-looking model for said job.

-Which server(s) on the CG Network do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to model for?

SCP RP, as said before, some of my work is already on the server

-Have you previously made or edited a 3D model, and if so could you provide some screenshots of the work.

The Chaos Insurgency's look was done by me, same goes for intelligence
ci officer 1.JPG

agent.png

I would post more, but I would run out of space, so I will list what I've done instead.
  1. Updated every single SCP hitbox excluding 999
  2. Ported several models that Ventz tasked me with, this being the projector and VHS models
  3. Updated the look of the chief of medicine
  4. Updated the look of Omega-1
  5. Updated the look of security
  6. Updated the look of E-11
  7. Updated Engineers and the Technical expert models (original models were old men from CSS)
  8. Fixed several errors caused by a "lapse in judgment" (chemist faces and civilian ones)
Outside of the server, several of my playermodels have good ratings

ratings.JPG
ratings2.JPG

Although some may not have high ratings, they do have high download amounts
downloads.JPG
downloads 2.JPG

-List any ideas of new models and model edits for CG that you would like to work on.

Usually, I tend to edit models that have a few issues, the most recent one being a minor fix for 650, which caused the arms to be similar to that of noodles, and the other being 076-IIs joint constraints, which made it so he couldn't move his head around, I have already listed some of the things I have done, which are mentioned further up.
There was a SCP-117 model too, though I sent it off and never heard anything back about it.

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
It's safe to say that he has done enough for SCP alone to be considered a "official Modeller" for Civilgamers. He is able to fix issues quickly and on the spot aswell when there is one. Communication is also very good as he is always available, whether that be over phone or being on his PC.

Not to mention that having a actual Modeller is a key part to a successful server, even though as he stated himself that he isn't perfect, he certainly has the skills and motivation to become better if given time and appropiate tasks.

While there isn't a actual Modeller rank or application yet, I am sure that Ventz will sort it out and make it official.

Tommy Lee

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 1, 2022
An Invaluable assest to have with helping the servers within the community. I can personally vouch for cheddar as said by Fr3ze for his help within the SCP Servers. Without him, we would have a lot less details within models if he had never offered. A genuine guy overall.

Good luck Cheddar!

Daanvy

CG Super VIP
Donator
Feb 20, 2021
Netherlands
+
Even if there is no official modeler rank or tag, the developer tag would suit you too, just for the amazing work you have already done for this community.

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
+support
he has done quite a few models on the server and fixed some other ones and they all look very good, i say he deserves to be an official modeller

Houston Benton

Game Master
Game Master
May 12, 2022
taught me a great deal about modelling and already done a great deal of modelling to the server (y)

1+

Ventz

Owner
Ventz
Group Moderator
Dec 19, 2020
Accepted

I will be creating a modeller role for you on the SCP discord. Your position will be different to a usual developer position since you are not doing mapping or programming, however we can make that a thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.