Donator
Dec 24, 2020
-In-game name on all servers you play: Cluster

-Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:161093145

-For how long have you played on our servers?: 2 years

-What country are you from?: Greece but live in Germany

-Time Zone: CET

-Do you have a mic?: Yes.

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones: First one.

-Have you received any bans?: 1 but it was mistaken, was about minge gang even tho I wasn't part of it, so Mystic mistook me with them.

-How confident are you with Hammer (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): 8

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?: Nope, first time.

- What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?: I've recently started mapping on GMod, making maps with buildings, mountains and roads. I've been using GMod and HL2 models.

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?: 4+

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?: I want to become a mapper so I can help with bringing map updates or bug fixes for the servers. Right now only CG and CC get map updates and I'd like to help MRP with that. We have been switching to 2 maps which would be Afghanistan and Highland those are the main maps, but would like more or at least change something in them that makes the players happy and excited to bring map updates.

-Which server(s) on the CG Network do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for? I play CG MRP and I would prefer MRP for a map.

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit: These are some videos of me creating in hammer:

My very first building in hammer:

Me making roads:

Me making 2 buildings in a larger area:
[PS] The HL2 props don't show in game for some reason but at the end in hammer you can see all the props that I've placed.

This one is me using displacements:

-List any ideas of new maps/map edits for CG that you would like to work on.: I'd like to make specific for MRP a better experience for the players such as adding tunnels, more structures in territories, new improved buildings like the farm area build an actual farm because right now it's the same as in Village and more war props also a higher skybox so JAF and ABT can actually enjoy flying! For the other servers I'd be looking what I can improve since I recently haven't really been playing DarkRP so I'm unaware what to work on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Cluster

CC VIP++
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Update 04/13/21
Today I made a tower from scratch also has an opening.
Screenshot_2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    378 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: CamZin

Ventz

Owner
Ventz
Group Moderator
Dec 19, 2020
Hello, thank you for your application.

Based on your response and previous work, I think you should spend more time looking at some existing maps such as downtown or evocity, decompiling them and practising with making some edits to them. You should also do more research into map limitation such as vertex and brushside limitations.

The real difficulty in mapping comes from the ability to make edits and additions to maps which are already quite complex, since you need to navigate or modify complex brush work. A lot of the work we will be doing involves creating or editing maps which are very large and are pushing the limits of the source engine in many different ways, and I think you would benefit from doing some of this and practicing this before becoming a mapper to assist us with our projects.

Thank you for your interest in becoming a mapper and you can re-apply in 2 weeks time if you think you have improved enough in that amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.