- Connor Huovila {ORS]{MSB}

Civilian name:

- Mike

Steam ID:

- STEAM_0:0:41852131

Do you have a mic?:

- Yes

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:

- https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/connor-humphreys-moderator-application.1795/

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 1641858762744.png
1641858778556.png

Yes I am aware I have a lot of warning but I will attempt to explain the most recent ones (2021 onwards).

- Failrp - taking bleach while cuffed (Sep 26).

I had recently come back to the server and wasn't aware that, that was a rule.

- RDM (Oct 3)

Honestly can't remember however was likely justified.

- Kamikaze (Oct 10).

I was flying a black hawk during war for paradrops and a helicopter (Caic I believe) flew in from the side and I didn't make an attempt to dodge it.

- Base camping (Oct 17).

Shot viper cannon shots into the USSR base while attempting to shoot down a helicopter.

- [Ban] AMRDM - Pending circumstances (Oct 19)

Ban was appealed. I threw a smoke grenade as Militia in a debrief and I was unaware that when your ammo runs out it switches to your next weapon, so it automatically drew out my RPG and shot.

- [Ban] AMRDM Exceptional circumstances (Oct 19)

Same ban, was appealed.

- Base camping (Oct 21)

I was stingering helicopters while on water tower outside USSR base and I shot a helicopter leaving base.

- ROE - Shooting missiles at USSR base (Nov 2)

I was in a helicopter and I was shooting missiles at a helicopter returning to base and they missed and hit a USSR SCUD.

- FailRP - Armoured enemy vehicle in enemy territory during peacetime (Nov 7)

I was unaware this was a rule at the time.

- [Ban] Toxicity (Nov 7)

2 members of ABT were intentionally breaking rules to annoy members of JAF, and after their 5th time Kamikazeing into our helicopters I lost my temper and made a stupid comment in /ooc.

- FearRP (Nov 12)

I made a complaint about the staff member that warned me for this and I believe the warning should've been removed (please correct me if I'm wrong). However a USSR member had attempted to FearRP while I was inside the lake at farm, due to the sound distortion the game makes while in water I did not hear anything and pulled my gun out.

- Shooting in USSR base (Nov 13)

I was piloting a helicopter and again I missed my shots and they hit the USSR base.

- RDM x2 (Oct 13)

My helicopter crashed while I was flying low in NATO base and killed 2 RMP.

- RDM (Oct 15)

I killed a NATO PVT who was shooting our helicopters rotors.

- FailRP (shooting rockets into USSR base)

Warning should've been removed as it was agreed by senior staff that it was invalid. (I will post a screenshot below with the warning list without these 2 warns)

- ROE (shooting into USSR base)

Again warning was appealed and should've been removed.

- RDM (Nov 18)

I was attempting to FearRP LuZ, however whether this is due to a glitch of my false recollection of the event LuZ didn't hear me tell him to stop running and therefore it would appear as RDM.

- Using flamer class on food lady (Nov 18)

I was unaware that this is a rule as it is not stated anywhere.

- ROE - Engaging ground troops during pre war.

I was bombing a neutral FOB during pre war (on border) and I had asked one of my men to scout it to make sure no one was there, however 2 SHA spawned on the FOB and were in the control tower, I didn't know they were there, therefore I was warned.

- ROE - Fire upon USSR in peacetime (Dec 20).

We were selling a kidnapped USSR member back to the USSR and I shot the back of a Vodnik for a reason that I cannot remember and it lead to a gunfight breaking out amongst the two sides.

- Stuck abuse (Dec 23)

I abused the /stuck command to get inside the 10th garage to retrieve a stolen Himars, I knew full well what I had done and admitted straight away.

I hope that clears up some of the warnings that I have. :)

(The updated list of warnings with the ones that should be removed on the screenshot above)

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:

Yes, I have experience as a super administrator.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:

Yes, I have played FiveM a decent amount, and I was an active player on CC (I am aware it is Semi Serious but I believe it counts)

How many hours can you be on everyday?:

6 hours a day on average (maybe less depending on School, gym etc.)

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:

I have dedicated a lot of time to this server and I do believe that I am a well known figure around the community, I would consider myself friendly, approachable and a fun person to be around. I find myself a lot of the time with nothing to do on the server, I would like to change this by being a staff member and being a constructive member of the community. I have 4500 hours on Garry's Mod and have played since release I have seen on a lot of server what a good staff member demands I believe I fit the mold. I am a Commissioned Officer within JAF (Joint Air Force) and I am no stranger with having to discipline people and remain calm within situations that can be testing.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:

I have a lot of previous experience with moderating other servers and believe my experience would allow me meet the requirements of being a staff member on this server. As I stated above I am a Commissioned Officer within JAF and a well known member around the community and always happy to help. I am very aware that my warning record does work against me, however I would like to help people in not making the same silly mistakes that I have made in the past.

Thank you for taking the time to read my staff application. (y)

Connor

(If you have any questions about my rule knowledge please feel free to poke me on TS or DM me on Discord: Mike The Kike#6440)

First edit - Colour changes

Second edit - Grammar

Last edited:

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
Hi Connor, I unfortunately have to go with- support

I've played with you, and against you for a while now, and in my opinion I do not see you fit for staff.

One of those reasons are a thing you said to me once, you said " {This person} Tought me how to bend the rules".

Your warnings are also a concern, amongst those things with your overall attiatude I unfortunately have to give this verdict.

I will not change my verdict.

Best of luck.

Sins

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2021
Netherlands
-Support

First of all, Your attitude is not something you would expect from someone applying for staff.

Second of all, I've seen you act toxic against ABT and join their channels and start being toxic after you lost a heli.

Third of all, Your warnings are pretty concerning, although most of them are quite old, you still have 2 warnings in december.

I do have to say that you are really active both IG and on TS3

Based on the reasons above I won't change my verdict.

Good luck.

Kamil

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 17, 2021
I've known you for a while now, and I think it's fair to say that out of everyone in JAF (not counting Tony) we have spent the most time together after your return so I do have a few inputs to give

+Firstly, your activity is a sight to behold and your knowledge of the rules is good, this is shown by the times that you have "bent" the rules without actually causing any harm. As well as this, you are an overall relaxed person that doesn't rage over every little thing so your mindset is really good for the job. The application is also very well made and the fact that you addressed all those warns shows how dedicated you are to getting the position

-/+ You have many warn but a lot of them are outdated and many of the recent ones have a questionable background to them, your toxicity has diminished as of the last few weeks however a bit more time would be nice to show that you have truly changed.

-However, your attitude towards confrontations can be questionable at times, and especially when it comes to messing around, you are often involved, either directly or indirectly.

Overall I will give a neutral stance leaning towards support on the application. I am aware that this may seem like bias due to us being close however I believe that the closeness to Connor allows me to see what he is actually like, more than most others, and as a GM I have an obligation and a want for the server to be a better place.

Best of luck!

Berkark

Dec 21, 2021
I do seriously believe Connor has what it takes to become a great staff member of the MilitaryRP team. I've been in JAF since joining the server and I must say in the last 1.5 months I've experienced many situations with Connor, he has been professional and come across in the right way.

I feel as though there's a significant amount of people who have known Connor a lot longer than I have and they haven't had chance to see how he has developed since these judgements were made. I can understand that you must be mature and serious about taking on this role and I believe that if he doesn't already have these characteristics, they will come in no time.

It seems as though people are against Connor becoming a staff member but he's one of the most active and knowledgeable people on the server, I'd really like to see him given the opportunity to show he's actually a sound lad who can do the job.

+Support

Alex

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 30, 2021
England
++Support

I believe Connor has the potential to be a very nice addition to the staff team, I understand people have developed a negative view on him though I believe the positives far out-weigh, Your activity is undoubtedly excellent, arguably the best on the server, As you have been playing for so long your Rule knowledge is extensive and you haven't been warned in over 3 weeks which isn't too great though this shows you have improved greatly over the past phew weeks.

I understand that people may believe I'm being bias towards Connor as I work with him a lot in JAF though this in not the case but quite the opposite as Connor has proven to me his competence and ability to deal with variation of different situations.

Jeff Carson

Dec 1, 2021
+Support
Although Connor has many warns and has created a bad view on him from certain people. From my time knowing Connor he has improved a lot, adding on to this his activity is very good and his RP has become a lot more serious over the time period of his last warns/bans. Showing improvement, however one thing -Unsure of rule knowledge at this current time.

Good luck Connor!

17thAR-LTCOL Jeff

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
+Support
Great activity, friendly, and despite the warns I still believe you have good rule knowledge.

CommanderSmith

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Dec 22, 2020
UK
I'm going to go with a +Support for the following reasons.
I've never had an issue with you.
You have shown me that you are capable of being staff although you have had some bad decisions in your time with us, I belive that if you were get staff it would give you a chance to show us that you are fit for staff and can handle the day to day sits.

Best of luck.

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support
+Active
+Never had issues with
+Huge team player aswell
+/- Mans is collecting warns like pokemon cards

I think you'll be a huge help in the STAFF team and i can speak for ISAF aswell. Gl

Last edited:

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

Had a turbulent past in terms of attitude but since then he's been excellent in game as well as the wider community.

Lot of people doubting his maturity or pointing to specific situations - we've all done stupid stuff before.

He's a dedicated member of the community, and, unlike most staff, is able to balance both his USSR and NATO characters, which is something I have believed should be somewhat mandatory for staff to eliminate any potential bias (tl;dr I don't think he'd be biased).

Best of luck mate, I think you deserve the chance.

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
Neutral

I'd love to +support this application because you're a genuinely nice person but you need to work on your anger. During wars you can get quite tilted and take this out in OOC. This is something a staff member shouldn't be doing.

Otherwise,
+Active
+Can be professional when needed.

Good luck.

Tony_

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Mar 18, 2021
absolute virgin on the server, active IG and TS 24/7
+support

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Neutral [██████████████||||||||||] 80% Support

Hello Connor,
even tho you have a collection of warnings i will go with almost a +support for the following reasons.
The main reason: you are a longtime member and know the current rules exceptionally well.
Even tho you can be mingy ingame/in ooc, most of the time you are very professional for example as a co in JAF.
Imo you deserve a shot as staff.

- Chad Power

Eden Hawkings

MRP Patriot
Donator
Mar 24, 2021
Israel
+Support
+Insanely active
+Never had many issues with personally

Hello there Connor even though you have many many warnings and have some issues when it comes to toxicity at times in my opinion you should definitely be given a shot at staff instead of just denying the chance to even try good luck Connor!
-Joseph Rukovich

LuZ

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 29, 2020
-SUPPORT

+ VERY Active IG/TS3
+ Never personally had any issues with

- 2 warnings in the last month
- A lot of previous warns

Hi Connor, the reason I'm going with a -support despite the fact that I do like you and you're extremely active is because of your previous warnings. You have a massive list of warnings and because you recently got warned at the end of December twice, I cannot give you a +support as it shows me that you have not improved or learnt from previous warnings.

N/.A

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Mar 30, 2021

Neutral

+support:
- Very active in game
- Overall good attitude
- Very friendly towards other players

- support:
- I know you were probably expecting a +support from me. However, sometimes you can get quite heated in the moment when something happens which you might not like/agree with and I believe if you were to become a staff member this might cloud your judgement.

I wish you all the best

- Millar

Hersh

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2020
Application Denied

Hi @Connor | FUDGESICLE

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

After deliberation, this time around I am going to deny this application. At this time you just haven't fully ticked the boxes I'm looking for in a potential staff member within MRP. Your attitude can at times also lead me to question your maturity, I think we've had a conversation about this before. This along with your vast history of warns along with a couple being somewhat recent has led me to this decision.
My advice since I know you mean well by this application is to keep your head down, keep out of drama and keep out of any comments which may incite drama within the community, this goes for obviously general play and also within your Regiment.
If you'd like to talk about this in further detail please do feel free to contact me on TeamSpeak3 or Discord!

You may re-apply in 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Hersh​

Status
Not open for further replies.