Few Years, Just recently on SCP:RP USA

-What country are you from?:
United States of America

-Time Zone:
PST

-Do you have a mic?:
One of the best

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones:
For this server, Yes it'll be my only one.

-Have you received any bans?:
Never have.

-How confident are you with Hammer (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):
5-7

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?:
Yes, (DM my discord for proof) - Dallas#0608

- What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?:
Counter Strike

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?:
Each week I can put in 19 hours

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?:
As stated on another post you can never have too many mappers for a community, I just want to put down some assistance and when there are greyspots and small issues with the map I'll be there to be one extra experience developer to help. I can help the other member's who are also joining but for the time being I think I outshine some other applicants simply from my activity and my experience as a developer from (not going to say on application) one of the biggest communities in a very popular game mode. And I made event maps and I got paid good money for my work. Here I do not request anything I find the perks with the job good enough.

-Which server(s) on the CG Network do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for?
I played on their WW2 RP and SCP:RP and their Dark RP but that was many years ago, but right now as of the moment I am playing their SCP: RP USA server and looking to forward my main attention there.

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit
I have edited maps on hammer and made a few and this is going to sound like a hunk of bs but I stopped using my previous computer and all of my files that were on there including my family photo's were terminated so I had to start fresh but I can get you in contact with my previous Developer Manager on the previous servers I used to develop on so he can show you some of the work I created, I also was a programmer and I configured a few jobs.
Here is proof of the programming and yes I know I am not going for that right now but just proof :
1649154839463.png
I know it doesn't look like much but I spent a lot of time that is 7000+ lines of coding for the jobs of the server. (I didn't do all 7,000)

-List any ideas of new maps/map edits for CG that you would like to work on. A few idea's which I will focus mainly on the SCP: RP server are just reworks on the D-Block section of the map and adding more to the server like a private skybox area to have Events in so without creating a whole entire map just make a mini map instead for events for the game masters, (That is if I have permission from the original creator of the map) and I would like to work on also mentoring newer developers into their development career with my current knowledge. I know how script and I know how to make maps and how to get lighting on the maps and tweening props on the map and making events and entities and all that and making spawn points and terrain and skybox's I just figured that my assistance could really help and here I am applying for this server. I am not really known RP wise on the server or at all for that matter since its been a few years since I played but this can be my way of fixing that.

DaeDae

Apr 5, 2022
Also have over 5,000 hours on garrysmod and I am always active and ready for any assignment that comes across.
1649155247738.png

liar

Mar 30, 2022
Bit strange to show jobs.lua on a mapper application, I would recommend adding some previous work from mapping onto your application. I know you said you reset your computer but if you got back into your dms with your "Developer Manager" from previous servers you could probably find some screenshots of what you've worked on.

liar

Mar 30, 2022
I got experience in both.
Jobs.lua is experience within developing? Can you create basic scripts? If so, can you provide anything you have previously made. Pictures of any map, addons, ect.
Disclaimer: I'm just interested in your app by the way :)

DaeDae

Apr 5, 2022
Jobs.lua is experience within developing? Can you create basic scripts? If so, can you provide anything you have previously made. Pictures of any map, addons, ect.
I never programmed any addons, I just configured jobs and also made a few event maps for a community before thats it.

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
Well, the jobs.lua part does not really fit into this type of application at all. Currently there's no real way to "see" what you can actually do in terms of map creation. Of course you don't need to have a whole portfolio ready to showcase but we need atleast something to start with, else there's no way the higher-ups can consider your application as a map developer.

I can't really give any feedback on your application since there's nothing to give feedback on in the slightest besides the application, but that's not really what we are looking for.

I recommend you to start creating some stuff, whatever you like, it just has to be something that is enough to represent your confidence to say that you are on a 5-7 confidence level with using Hammer and your general knowledge.

DaeDae

Apr 5, 2022
well for me to make something good its going to take some time.

Deleted member 12

Application Denied

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for taking the time to make a mapper application.

Feedback from SCP server leadership has been that your attitude in-game could be improved, especially concerning how you interact with other players. Developers hold large positions of influence within the community, and being friendly and respected by all players is a big part of community outreach. If you would like more specific feedback on this point, please reach out to SCP-RP server leadership.

We would also like to see some more concrete examples of the work you have done. If this has been lost on your old computer, it is worth you working on some new mapping content to show for your application. This will give you more practice and hone your skills as well as increase the chances of your application being accepted.

Finally, we would like to see more willingness to develop content for other servers in our network. It can be very clunky for multiple people to work on a map at the same time, and we have had a lot of interest from people looking to map for SCP-RP recently so are not able to accommodate all of this at the same time. This is not saying that you won't be able to work on SCP-RP, although we expect developers to be prepared to focus their attention where network and server leadership believe it is best prioritised. For example, our newest mapper, Cassius/Nils/Shadow started off doing work for our CityRP server, before working on content for SCP-RP.

Feel free to reach out to me or SCP-RP server leadership for feedback on any of these points. If you work on everything mentioned, you may re-apply in two weeks.
Thanks,
Cope​

Status
Not open for further replies.