What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):
Banned due to toxicity.
Who banned you:
Relman.
Ban length?:
Permanent.
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):
What will you do to stop this from happening again:
Um... to be honest I don't quite understand what I did wrong...
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
Yes, multiple times. This is because I have been a player on CC for many years, and today was the first time I have come back on in a number of years.
Why should you be unbanned:
Because I don't quite understand what I did wrong. From my understanding, I was part of a organisation who was in combat with the police force. An CCSF officer [Relman] was taking cover behind his police vehicle with a weapon out, aiming it towards my organisation member. May I just add that my org member had already initiated combat with another police officer before this happened, in the same situation. So, I then to protect my org members knocked Relman over with the vehicle I was driving. Then, Relman decides to pull me to a roof, tells me he knows "Who I am, and that I should still be permenantly banned, and that I am still a minge. Therefore he will permenant ban me again" and then preceeds to. May I also add that this was not in a traffic stop. I personally cannot see what I have done wrong here and neither can my gang members. I have the whole situation on record however cannot upload at the moment. Would it be possible for the person dealing with the situation to potentially get in contact with me via Discord and I can share the evidence there?
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
Not meaning to sound rude or snidy, but to stay away from Relman in all RP situations to avoid getting into this sort of situation again, because it seems clear to me that he is taking his personal opinions of me into his staff role.

One other thing I would like to mention is the fact that after Relman perma banned me, he decided to go into [OOC] and start saying "Dan is the biggest minge and is known for it". Personally I do not think this is very professional of a staff member who has not even given any time for me to explain my side of the story.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Because I miss playing on the server with friends, and hope to come back and spend time back in the community doing something that I enjoy.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my ban appeal,
Cheers,
Dan.

Relman

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Hi Dan,

The last time you were on the server over a year ago you caused no end of problems and issues within the community with your aggressive and toxic gameplay. Your ban was overdue and welcomed by the community. Your blacklisting was removed when we did a ban wipe and as it wasn't recorded you slipped through the net. When you re-emerged on the server this week I spoke with Cope about you being able to join the server and we were going to re blacklist you at this point, but you were given the benefit of the doubt. However, I can see you are just the same as you were before. Running people over, smashing cars into people and generally not roleplaying correctly.

Now what was happening was a helicopter was getting shot at. I believe it was one of your gangs or allies in the helicopter that I then drew a weapon for my own self-defence but hadn't shot at anyone or aimed it at anyone. I was taking cover. There was no way you could have known if I was helping your org or not. When I brought you to a sit, you first said "you were shooting them", which I told you I wasn't, you insisted I was. I told you I had it recorded, and then you changed your story to "you pointed a gun at them". Same tricks you used previously.

Also, you mention "I missed playing on the server with friends" my understanding is your friends have not been on the server since you rejoined this week and that those you were playing with were new people you had just met.

It took months and months if your poor RP and attitude before you were banned last time and it drove away many players and created an untold number of sits. To the point where no staff member wanted to deal with them.

There was a lot of comments on gang chat and OOC after I banned you. My statement is factual.

"Dan is the biggest minge and is known for it"

You did create as mentioned untold amounts of grief previously. Not giving people enough time when mugging, people hitting your car that you would then chase and kill. Ultimately unless players recorded their gameplay you would play this off against admins and usually get away with it. I'm not prepared to subject the staff team or the community to all this over again. CC has a great community right now, and this is exactly what we don't need right now.

@Cope will review your request and give you an outcome, as I did the ban.

Regards,

Relman

Dan

Dec 23, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I just would like to address a few things from your reply.

Firstly when you talk about me ‘slipping through the net’ and being re blacklisted I am sorry to say that information you have is incorrect.

When I was last on the server just before the big update, your correct, I got perma banned. I spoke with the community leader at the time of the incident and he agreed that once the map update had been completed, he would un ban, and that was what happened. The only reason you havent seen me between then and now is for the simple fact that IRL took place.

Now, I’m not trying to cause anyone grief as much as you think I am, but your basing your opinion on a situation that lasted 30 seconds if that, on something that I was clearly within my rights to do, no matter if you shot at my gang or aimed a weapon, I was still within my rights and within the rules to do that.

Now, with regards to your comment about playing with friends. The reason you havent seen any of my old friends on the server is because it’s my second brief time playing here getting used to what things have changed. And they have logged on once this week already.

Now with you saying that staff used to hate me and I used to get myself out of situations, I can partially see where you are coming from. Now, back along I was told by a friend who was member of staff the reason no one likes taking my sits is because I had a better knowledge of the rules compared to the staff member themselves, and they didn’t like that, hence I could then “get away with situations” as you call it, but in actual fact just explaining the rules.

I’d just like to add that I was roleplaying correctly. Police were in an active shootout with my organisation, which includes your job role as CCSF. Therefore with you pointing a gun taking cover behind your vehicle, at my gang members, I am perfectly within my rights to make contact with my vehicle.

Again, I have the situation on record and perfectly willing to show whoever would like to see it.

I was perfectly calm in the sit when you dragged me up and !xban’d me, and I was not being horrible or offensive to you, yet you think it’s acceptable to do that to a player considering your staff role and then take it to [OOC]? Personally I think that is quite unprofessional, but there we go. That’s not for me to judge.

Thanks for your reply Relman, it got me an insite in to what you actually banned me for considering I didn’t really get much of an explanation at the time.

Cheers

Dan

Dec 23, 2021
Hi Tony.

If I am completely honest I can’t remember their name. It was the community leader at the time, as I had a meeting on TS3 with him about the situation.

Dan

Dec 23, 2021
I just don’t quite understand why your questioning keeping me banned if you said I would be given the benefit of the doubt? Because I have done something completely within the rules and yet I am still considered to be perma banned?

Hydro

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Programming Team
Group Moderator
Dec 19, 2020
Hi @Dan, you were banned previously and upon reading up your record, it seems you have quite the history with us. I can't really say I've seen too many other individuals who've had quite so many encounters with superadmins over issues before.

To my knowledge, you were banned here for not showing clear intent to play properly; including randomly smashing your car into people, running people over for no actual reason and trying to play games in sits. I presume this means you try to play the game based on technicalities. If this is the case then this will almost certainly be denied.

Please can you upload the footage of your gameplay to YouTube, as an unlisted video, and private message me a link to it. I'd like a solid clip of what happened before the situation that led to your ban, as well as the whole situation. If you could upload a longer video, that would also be good as I'd be able to see your perspective whilst you were playing the game. If the video is too long, just leave some timestamps of interest in the description please, and please don't edit or chop the video up.

Figured I'd ask for this as I'm fairly confident Cope is going to ask for the exact same thing when he gets a chance to look at this.

Hydro

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Programming Team
Group Moderator
Dec 19, 2020
Hi Dan,

I've taken a look at the full video that you sent me, and I've forwarded it to Cope as well given that he was one of the people directly tagged as somebody who should look at this.

The reason that I asked for surrounding footage was so that I could get a glimpse at your gameplay, and the video you provided me was some incredibly bloodthirsty gameplay. Every-time somebody had wronged you in any way, your immediate response was to just gun them down. This server isn't GTA San Andreas, and you can't and simply shouldn't run around killing people for every little action that they take.

The reason why I brought this up is relevant, and it's based on the fact that the single biggest reason why you were banned was because of your history with us. In the roleplay situation leading up to your ban, you followed Relman into a car park, rammed him and blamed it on lag, then instigated a fight by inviting your whole organisation there. The only real reason I could see why anybody actually needed to be there was because one of your gang members said they needed to use the car dealer to get something out? It bewilders me why you wouldn't just wait for the CCSF to leave the car dealership before inviting everybody to turn up to the obvious bloodbath that would ensure. To me, from my perspective, you were proactively looking to provoke a fight and by following Relman around it was clear that the intended target was him.

The big overarching theme here is that the server is designed to be roleplayed on, but that wasn't what you were doing in any of these situations.

1). Following the police, ramming them and then hitting them with your car when your gang instigates a gunfight isn't roleplay.
2). Immediately opening fire on a quad-bike who ran you over whilst you were stood in the middle of the road, whilst there were clear pedestrian pavements at either side of you.
3). Killing somebody for previously holding a gun behind your back. At the point you killed them they'd put their gun away and had attempted nothing else in roleplay to rectify the situation. You didn't even bother to say anything constructive whilst doing so.
4). Getting mugged, then just typing "!g kill <xyz name here>".

In every single one of these scenarios, you had several possible decisions that you could have made, but in every single one you failed to roleplay any of them out properly.

If you look at this specific incident and evaluate the ban based on it, then a permanent ban doesn't make sense. On the other hand, if you look at this situation and factor in the historical difficulties that you've given us then the ban becomes significantly more justifiable.

With all this in mind, and all my cards on the matter on the table, I'm going to lift your ban. if you truly want to play on CivilCity, then do it in the spirit of the server and actually roleplay things out. Saying that you had better rule knowledge then people historically which was why [admins hated you] is disingenous, and it was because you skirted the rules and did things that were either hard to prove. Play within the rules if you decide to join back, and stay well within them instead of top-toing on the knife-edge of them. There's no point in pushing rules to their absolute limit like it's been done historically, or flat-out breaking them and then expecting any sort of sympathy in future ban appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.