Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Donator
Jan 8, 2022
Croatia
Your in-game name: Dominic 'Delta'
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:51468336
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063202401
Date of ban: 14.5.2022.
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Toxicity / Homophobia
Who banned you: Frost 'Smith' I think
Ban length?: 1 Week
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I didn't know that I can't roleplay as homophobic guy in character, there is no rule about that. So now I know and I won't do it again.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: Yes, I have been warned 5-6 times and got 1 ban (LTAP, I left the game in RP situation because I had some problems in real life)
Why should you be unbanned: Because I'm banned for a rule that doesn't even exist, everyone can check it in (https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/) there is no rules about roleplaying as homophobic.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I can't ensure it, everyone breaks rules some get caught some don't get caught. But yeah I will try to not break rules
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Because I'm one of the oldest player on the server, and highest level on UK server and I still want to play it and have fun.

Daanvy

CG Super VIP
Donator
Feb 20, 2021
Netherlands
Hello @Delta, Thank you for taking the time to make a ban appeal, I shall explain why I made the decision that I made.
A sit was made with the reasons of: "Someone killed me because I told them I had a boyfriend", whilst in the sit I checked kills/death logs to see who the person was that killed the guy making the sit. After finding you and asking the person if it was you they were talking about they confirmed that, they also mentioned the fact that everything you said was in normal chat and not voice chat, making this easier since chat logs exist. After having a brief look at the logs and they things you have said I decided to double check and ask other staff on how long a ban should be as I have not dealt with someone being homophobic before in SCP-RP, to which no-one left a (useful) response. I then after thinking about it, came to the length of 1 week for being toxic to them and mainly the fact that you only killed them because they were gay, while mentioning your exact reason for killing him in chat.

Also as you mentioned in your post, there is no direct rule on the rules which states anything against being Homophobic, however the reason I still banned you for it and put it in the ban reason, was the way you brought over your message to said person and even mentioned in OOC that there were no gays allowed in the facility.

1652529179919.png
1652529188557.png

Delta

Donator
Jan 8, 2022
Croatia
Hello @Delta, Thank you for taking the time to make a ban appeal, I shall explain why I made the decision that I made.
A sit was made with the reasons of: "Someone killed me because I told them I had a boyfriend", whilst in the sit I checked kills/death logs to see who the person was that killed the guy making the sit. After finding you and asking the person if it was you they were talking about they confirmed that, they also mentioned the fact that everything you said was in normal chat and not voice chat, making this easier since chat logs exist. After having a brief look at the logs and they things you have said I decided to double check and ask other staff on how long a ban should be as I have not dealt with someone being homophobic before in SCP-RP, to which no-one left a (useful) response. I then after thinking about it, came to the length of 1 week for being toxic to them and mainly the fact that you only killed them because they were gay, while mentioning your exact reason for killing him in chat.

Also as you mentioned in your post, there is no direct rule on the rules which states anything against being Homophobic, however the reason I still banned you for it and put it in the ban reason, was the way you brought over your message to said person and even mentioned in OOC that there were no gays allowed in the facility.

View attachment 1554
View attachment 1555
I still don't understand what's the problem in being homophobic in character there is no rule or anything about it, it's my character I didn't mean anything in real life. It should just be warn for RDM because I killed him for having boyfriend

edit: And about /ooc thing, I said that because I couldn't pm him. Still I didn't mean in real life I meant stop being gay in character. Still nothing in real life I just said it in /ooc because i couldn't pm him

Last edited:

Daanvy

CG Super VIP
Donator
Feb 20, 2021
Netherlands
Whether or not it was meant to only be in-character, it still crosses a line, some rules can be stretched to an extent to enhance RP, but telling someone that they can't enter the facility because they are gay, or killing them because they have a boyfriend simply crosses the line, even if you only meant it in-character.

Big Dave

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 20, 2022
1.8 Be Respectful To Others - Toxicity in any capacity, be it discrimination or generally being offensive or excessively rude to other players is not tolerated. Harassing other players in a targeted manner is especially intolerable.

Alex Bones

Apr 18, 2022
What Dave said and since its only a week I think that be enough time to let you think about what you've done.

Delta

Donator
Jan 8, 2022
Croatia
Alright I understand what I did now, no need for this ban appeal I will just wait 1 week

Tommy Lee

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 1, 2022
Appeal Closed

User has accepted punishment for what he did please be mindful of other people in future.​

Status
Not open for further replies.