Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie

Dec 28, 2020
Your in-game name: Eddie
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:155938536
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/clickforeddie/
Date of ban: 28/12/2020
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MASSRDM|NITRP|LTAP
Who banned you: Erwin Smith
Ban length?: 4 weeks
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Not join in gunfights with my teammates.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Just one ban for RDM, which lasted 2 days.
Why should you be unbanned: I'll be frank, I don't believe I should be unbanned, I did mass rdm and a punishment for that is more than valid, I'm just not sure if the punishment that was given falls within your usual punishment guidelines. An immediate 1 month ban for mass rdm seems a little harsh, coming from other servers where this would be a 1 week ban tops. As for what happened, I heard gunshots, went to check it out, and then saw people shooting each other. For some reason I just sort of ran up and joined in. I was then chased down and shot at which lead me to kill those people too. This lead to me getting banned for mass rdm.

I feel the staff member made it harsher than usual due to his own anger at the time, as they happened to be one of the people killed and he was clearly not happy about it in the sit. Sorry for the damage I caused to those who died and, as I said, I'm not asking for an unban, just seeing if my punishment was too harsh and if so, kindly asking for a reduced ban timer.

Side note: I've seen that another user had their ban for hacking reduced from 6 months to 2 months purely for being honest about it. My ban is 1 month for something that I'd consider a much less serious offence. So that's why I'm here making an appeal and being honest about my mistake.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Read through the entire rules (even though that has already been done) and not get tempted to join in with firefights with teammates.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I enjoy the server, it's more unique than any of the other MRP servers currently and has a fairly large playerbase making it very enjoyable. I have been struggling to get into a regiment which leads me to get bored sometimes (somewhat explains my actions), therefore I'd like to come back and join a regiment.

Last edited:

CommanderSmith

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Dec 22, 2020
UK
Hello @Eddie I do feel that the ban is a bit too long for one case of MASSRDM so I've decided to cut It In half you're ban has now been reduced to 2 WEEKS

Status
Not open for further replies.