Foodeaters Modeller/Mapper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foodeater

Dec 26, 2022
Australia
steamcommunity.com
Sorry for the weird hybrid name, there wasn't exactly an application for modelers

In-game name on all servers you play:

Foodeater

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:75156971

For how long have you played on our servers?:
1 day, (But heard about the server plenty of times prior and looked into it more recently)
I've also only recently returned to G-Mod after a hiatus to work on other projects and finish university for the year.

What country are you from?:
Australia

Time Zone:
AEST/AEDT (GMT +10)

Do you have a mic?:
Yeah

Is this your first application for Mapper/Modeler? If not, link previous ones:
Yes, first application.

Have you received any bans?:
Nope.

How confident are you with Hammer and/or 3D Programs (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):
5 in Mapping, however I'm more focused on applying myself to modelling and texturing tasks.
I use Autodesk Maya, Blender, Substance and Adobe Suites so I'd put myself at a 7 or 8.
On top of that I also do concept art for items, weapons and environments.

Do you have previous experience as a Mapper/Modelling for GMod?:
Yeah, got a few workshop maps poppin.
Although modelling for G-Mod specifically I haven't done in a long while, so my knowledge of files for Source are a bit out of tune, but can easily pick it back up.

What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?:
Garry's Mod, Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
(And Half-Life: Alyx + S&box)
For modelling, I've worked on one smaller game making some furniture model's,
and for texture/art work I currently work with Third Subdivison Studios working on
SCP: Nine Tailed Fox and formerly SCP: Containment Breach (yes the original one)

How many hours can you commit to Mapping/Model work per week?:
20-30 hours-ish

Why do you want to be a Mapper/Modeler? What can you help us with?:
I've previously worked with Garry's Mod servers alongside old mate Kaptain Core,
It was fun working in a server development team previously, and I'd like to come back to that lifestyle once more.

I'm also a lot more interested in working on concept art, models and textures than mapping, but I'm down for both.

Which server(s) on the CG Network do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map/model for?
I play on mainly SCP-RP, but I'm open to work on any of them.

Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit
I have, I have one map on my workshop called Thread, which was made for another server as a tiny event map, which isn't exactly my proudest work out there.
I also created a small nightclub map called Churro Club back in 2020 using assets from THW assets pack.
(Pictures attached under rest of application)

I also inserted some images of models and concept art from previous works.

List any ideas of new map edits/model edits for CG that you would like to work on.
I had an idea for the Scranton Reality Anchor to remodel it from the standard Half Life 2 Hopper.
Even though I'm pretty empty on ideas for now, as someone who has worked on the original SCP game, I definitely have plenty more ideas to come at some point.

Screenshot 2022-12-28 204059.png
Screenshot 2022-12-28 204148.png

Screenshot 2022-12-28 204216.pngScreenshot 2022-12-28 204229.pngScreenshot 2022-12-28 204428.png
image_2022-12-28_204656695.png

Apologies for the low quality of the images, forums limitations. To combat the 10 image limit i screenshotted some and reinserted them lolz

Cheers
- Foodeater ?

Last edited:

KaptianCore

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jul 1, 2022
Australia
+Support
I can personally vouch for his quality, I've known Foodeater for a considerable amount of time now, Although he just joined the community he knows what he's doing and can still be useful to the team (especially since he worked on an SCP game and working on a new one). A modeler is currently missing from the team as of now and I believe with his skills a lot of tasks on MRP, SCPRP and then potential tasks on SWRP could be done by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.