Game crashes at 10:00-10:05PM EST every day

Exodia

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2021
I've been experiencing a very strange issue that I have never experienced before playing gmod in general. Ever since about a week ago when I started playing on the DarkRP server again after taking some weeks off of playing, I noticed that every single day I'm on, when 10:00PM EST hits, either instantly or like a couple minutes later or so, my game just crashes outright without giving an error message or anything. More specifically, my gmod literally just completely closes. It doesn't freeze up, no server lag prior to crash or anything.

I've checked everything I could think could be causing the issue on my end, but I haven't found anything suspicious at least to my knowledge that would be causing this. My question is, if this issue is in fact on my end and not just some inadvertent server issue, how can I fix this? Also, am I the only one experiencing this? Any and all information would be a great help, thanks!

Nusk

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jan 24, 2021
Hey Exodia, there is a tutorial on the discord on how to retrieve your crashlog and a channel to report them. If a crash log appears you can report it in the channel and a dev may be able to find the issue.

Attachments

• 1611464547175.png
    1611464547175.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Angry
Reactions: Billy and Exodia

Exodia

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2021
Thank you for your response Husk! Unfortunately, while I do have quite a number of MDMP files, none of them are from a date when this incident occured for me :/

Exodia

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2021
I believe the log wont show unless you had -condebug in your launch options before you crashed.
Would having this in my launch settings effect gameplay at all? Regardless, I now have-condebug in my launch options so we'll see tomorrow if I can be able to provide a crash log for this, thanks!

Nusk

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jan 24, 2021
Would having this in my launch settings effect gameplay at all? Regardless, I now have-condebug in my launch options so we'll see tomorrow if I can be able to provide a crash log for this, thanks!
No it won’t have any negative affects on game performance, i also forgot to ask if you are on chromium it stopped my game from crashing. If you’re not go to your game library right click gmod go to properties, there will be a tab called “betas” click that switch to x86-64 chromium and you will have a little update but then your game will run like normal and hopefully less crashes.

• Angry
Reactions: Billy

Exodia

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2021
Update: After putting -condebug in the in the launch settings, my game has stopped crashing. Not sure if one has to do with the other, but it's not crashing anymore.

Reactions: Billy

Exodia

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2021
Update as of Feb 6th - After server reset, my gmod is now crashing again. Yesterday on the 5th it crashed at 9:45PM EST & it crashed today at 11:20PM. Both instances, there was no crash file created in my Gmod file. I have -condebug in the launch options as well. Being that I only play factorian, these crashes are extremely frustrating and not knowing the source of the problem make's it that much worse. Any tips?

Risky

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 26, 2020
U.S.A.
I've been experiencing a very strange issue that I have never experienced before playing gmod in general. Ever since about a week ago when I started playing on the DarkRP server again after taking some weeks off of playing, I noticed that every single day I'm on, when 10:00PM EST hits, either instantly or like a couple minutes later or so, my game just crashes outright without giving an error message or anything. More specifically, my gmod literally just completely closes. It doesn't freeze up, no server lag prior to crash or anything.

I've checked everything I could think could be causing the issue on my end, but I haven't found anything suspicious at least to my knowledge that would be causing this. My question is, if this issue is in fact on my end and not just some inadvertent server issue, how can I fix this? Also, am I the only one experiencing this? Any and all information would be a great help, thanks!
Did you try turning it on and off again?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Billy and Exodia