How do I turn text that is generated from console into a string?

Shrimp

Mar 28, 2022
I want to write a script that grabs an IP from a website.
For example if I type in:

"whois mn.cgpd.gov"

and it returns:

---WHOIS---
IP: 175.132.87.59
Registrar: Civil Gamers Police Dept.
etc.

How do I grab the specific line from console with the ip address and turn it into a string?
Any help is apreciated!

Janus

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Set up a NTM listener for protocol 141, read it in order of bool->value and then the value will contain the ip address after typing in 'whois mn.cgpd.gov'

gmod_O58e7SbSGY.png

Last edited:

Shrimp

Mar 28, 2022
Thank you so much! Now that I've got that to work, how to return the string values from local programs like getchar or cshift?

Janus

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Thank you so much! Now that I've got that to work, how to return the string values from local programs like getchar or cshift?
If you want the result of a bf_password attempt, you can do that again with net messages. Read it in order of bool->value (text) and listen for protocol 121, the text will contain the getchar or the cshift value.

If you want the result of getchar or cshift, for that you have to find a different solution. The getchar ones you can programatically "decipher" as it's based off of the ASCII table like you can find here: http://www.haghish.com/statistics/stata-blog/stata-programming/ascii_characters.php
The cshift is more difficult, however you could just attempt all passwords when connecting going from cshift -5 to +5, and you'll eventually hit the correct password.

Swiggle

Apr 4, 2022
Hey guys, I don't know if this is a wrong place to post the question.
I used to play on CG DarkRP, not sure if it got closed or just can't find it.
MNScript is by far my favorite concept in DarkRP.

Anyway, on which server are you playing that has MNScript.
Thank you.

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Hey guys, I don't know if this is a wrong place to post the question.
I used to play on CG DarkRP, not sure if it got closed or just can't find it.
MNScript is by far my favorite concept in DarkRP.

Anyway, on which server are you playing that has MNScript.
Thank you.

CivilCity has MNScript on it. You can connect at 208.103.169.208:27016. You are correct by the way, DarkRP was indeed closed.

Shrimp

Mar 28, 2022
If you want the result of a bf_password attempt, you can do that again with net messages. Read it in order of bool->value (text) and listen for protocol 121, the text will contain the getchar or the cshift value.

If you want the result of getchar or cshift, for that you have to find a different solution. The getchar ones you can programatically "decipher" as it's based off of the ASCII table like you can find here: http://www.haghish.com/statistics/stata-blog/stata-programming/ascii_characters.php
The cshift is more difficult, however you could just attempt all passwords when connecting going from cshift -5 to +5, and you'll eventually hit the correct password.
Thank you this is really helpful! But how do you change ascii values into characters on Maxnet?