Belgium
Time zone:
UK+1 / CEST
NATO name (regiment and rank):
SAS LTCOL Howl
USSR name (regiment and rank):
USSR INFANTRY PVT Howldog
Civilian name:
Do not really touch it but Howlio or something like that.
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:17224176
Do you have a mic?:
Yes

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
This is my first application.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have yet to receive any kicks/bans or warnings and I'd like to keep it that way.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
I have been a Senior Administrator in a different MRP community for more than 2 years. During that time I had my fair share of creating events.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
As Regimental command of the SAS and having 5+ years of experience on SeriousRP MRP servers I certainly do.
I try to make an RP experience as realistic as I can get it to without ruining all the fun. I have real-life experience in the military but I am also a vivid D&D player/DM which does help. I have also studied film in which I have acting experience.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
Depends on my shift if I need to stay at work and do all-nighters or if I can go home. On a normal day, I would be able to play almost every day after my work that ends at 3 PM UK Time

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I really enjoy making events and small scenarios. As someone with an interest in writing stories and having somewhat of a creative background, I feel comfortable and motivated in doing so as well.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
Because I really enjoy going the extra mile. I think my events through and love making immense amounts of lore. I am good at building and setting up wicked scenarios. My kit includes special tools suchs as Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator and more, just so I can go the extra mile.

Some links to videos I made just for events:
Golden Horde 1
Golden Horde 2

Please List 5 small event ideas(Which wouldn't require a map change):

1. A NATO dignitary would like to speak to the civilians of the SOVIET-occupied NATO. NATO protects the podium he speaks on, USSR hires PC and Militia to attempt his assassination. Possible kidnapping of hired personnel would lead to information about USSR hiring them. RP persues.

2. USSR or NATO deliver supplies (food & water, medical, etc.) to try and win the civilians on their side = hearts and minds. Their supply runs get ambushed by militia and stolen. NATO & USSR could fight to find the supplies or work together,

3. A United States General is scheduled to come visit the NATO base, during his approach the helicopter he took has engine issues and is forced to do a crash landing. With his location unknown, all factions would be searching for the General.

4. Unknown military forces have been seen within our AO. They aren't NATO nor USSR. They seem to have created a COP (combat OutPost) somewhere and conduction operations from there. Both factions are tasked to find out what the unknown forces are up to.

5. After a treaty is signed, both factions have agreed to do a joint military sports event, a large obstacle course would be built among other things. Let's see how the treaty remains after the event.

Please List 2 Big Event Ideas(Which would be what we call (Map Change Events):

1. The Chinese forces have been getting stronger and stronger. USSR really dislikes the fact that the PLA has been creating new weapons and expanding their arsenal and WMD. All without letting the USSR know like agreed on within a created contract. The Chinese their hunger for power eventually got so big that they started taking control over areas that were previously controlled by USSR forces despite them being allies. After the USSR started taking action against the PLA they realized that they were becoming a really large force to be reckoned with and a lot of Soviet allied countries were starting to side with them. This collision of force caused for a weakened force at the Western (Eastern Europe) Soviet front. Taking advantage of this situation NATO can strike amidst the crossfire in countries that were impossible to penetrate in the past.

2. NATO has been developing an underground tunnel system that is able to transport supplies to the front in a short notice. This tunnel system is so big that they can even transport heavy vehicles such as B2s, C130s, tanks, etc. The tunnel has almost finished building. One of the USSR spies has been working on the site but has been compromised, the spy has detrimental information on the location, infrastructure, and planning of the tunnel. USSR need to get to the spy to retrieve his information and then need to destroy the tunnel before the supplies are able to be sent through. If NATO is able to send their new arsenal to the USSR fronts in a matter of hours then the defensive lines will be overrun fast.

What missions would you make for each regiment in Nato(SAS,MP,17th,JAF,ISAF) please list 1 mission per regiment:

SAS:
Plenty of hostage situations.

MP: VIP Protection mission, humanitarian mission (defending NATO controlled town).

17th: Reinforcing ground infantry units who are getting overrun by enemy forces and getting them out of their with APCs and Tank force protection.

JAF: I would involve JAF PSF to do joint ops with SAS. JAF in general I would use for a lot of helicopter insertion for other regiments' missions. Ground JAF would secure the LZ for exiting and entering forces.

ISAF: ISAF would be a useful force to assist SAS and JAF PSF with holding the AO's outside perimeter. They are going to be the Support-by-fire, QRF, and protecting the Line of advance. Other than that I would love to use them a lot along with MP to perform humanitarian missions too and holding the town.

What missions would you make for each regiment in
USSR(AG,KGB,10TH,ABT,SHA) please list 1 mission per regiment:

AG:
Assassination/kidnap missions/spy missions.

KGB: Assisting AG with kidnapping and securing. Special undercover work and interrogations. Securing the USSR-controlled town.

10TH: Pretty much same as counterpart.

ABT: Pretty much same as counterpart.

SHA: Same as ISAF and would also assist KGB with the control over town.

NOTE: Missions for specific regiments are things that will pop up in my head and I would use the regiments that are logical to use.
I have plenty of ideas and every regiment will have their fair chance to take part in missions.

Cluster

CC VIP++
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
=Neutral

Haven't seen you ingame nor have I interacted with you.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Howl

Pasi Huovila

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Apr 27, 2021
Finland
+/- Neutral

+ I like the ideas you have.
+/- Not many interactions with you, but the one i had you seemed mature and friendly.
- Only negative side in my opinion is "Pretty much same as counterpart."

I believe you could be a good gamemaster, if you would just take a bit more time to look for a different mission for the counterparts. Also I would like to see a story behind for example the SAS hostage situations.

Good luck!

Beskar

Mar 1, 2021
+Support

-Active In-Game/Teamspeak 3
-Good event ideas

Good luck!

-Beskar

Last edited:

GSG9 STUN

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Jan 17, 2021
+Support
  • I have not interacted with you much but that does not matter. Your event ideas are decent and I like the nice little media features you made. Always good to spice up the lore or introduction to things.
  • Application is well made with good grammar.
Best of luck.

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
Massive +Support
Event ideas are well thought out and match to the RP of the server.
Amazing activity both IG & TS.
Very mature.

Definitely a good addition to the GM team.
Best of luck Howl :D

• Love

Howl

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 3, 2021
- Only negative side in my opinion is "Pretty much same as counterpart."
I completely agree, this application was really spontaneous. I really enjoy playing on this server and I want to make sure the people playing do not get bored of the same old. These ideas are things I invented on the spot, making the application. I poke at my brain on the daily basis with scenarios of all kinds. If given the time to think and prepare I surely can come up with better ideas. My way of thinking here; is basically what fits the regiment best in the category in which they serve in. Obviously both counterparts would do the same mostly. The only thing that differs is if certain regiments have a wider range of jobs purely on RP. Such as the KGB which is known for much more than just policing the base.
-But for some I don't really see the originality in it.
I am a creative person, if I would actively create an event I would make sure it is fun and has as many diverse elements in it as possible that make it a unique little thing. Personality, effort and love for oneself's own craft is important.
I personally also believe that originality is important but in a world of creative people with intelligent brains, it is hard not to take inspiration from other sources and making it sound unoriginal. One's own touch only visible in practice is what will make all the difference. As most people know, things, in theory, don't always go down the same path as in practice.

Thank you for your feedback!

Reactions: Beskar

Bubba

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+support

-Long time member of the community
-Active in-game and in TS3
-Good at RP in many ways.
-Good application, like the ideas

Good luck!

Krage

CC VIP++
Donator
Dec 19, 2020
+Support

- Good interactions with you, you have always helped MP and cooperated showing maturity and common sense
- Trusted
- Good ideas

Good luck

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support

- Active IG
- Active TS3
- Mature
- Friendly
- HeavyRP
- liked the ideas,

Howl,
You've been a long member of this community and ur really mature
and i believe you'll be amazing Game Master, Good luck.

N/.A

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Mar 30, 2021
+Support

- Mature
- Active IG and on Teamspeak
- Good understanding of the rules and each regiment's specialty
- Good event ideas

It's been a pleasure to speak to you in TeamSpeak when I've had the chance.

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I have real-life experience in the military but I am also a vivid D&D player/DM which does help. I have also studied film in which I have acting experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neutral leaning to +Support

From my time before my LOA up until now, you've not had any USSR presence but you've held up your end in NATO, while this does not paint a reinforced opinion for us USSR mains, I'm going to go off on a leg (and Discord conversations) and assume that you're a good lad.

You seem dedicated, have great spirit and the eagerness to join the GM team and I do believe they would be glad to have you. Your concepts are quite unique and definitely unheard of. You've not lied on your creative mindset, that's for sure.

I would however strongly appreciate your regimental missions to be a bit more expansive because they seem generalized and also the fact that you just slapped on the 'same as counterpart' comment which doesn't give the best impression. I'd be willing to change this to a certain +Support if you could modify those.

Nonetheless, I wish you good luck for the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.