llamalegs

Nov 14, 2021
In-game name: ‘Vice’ Llama

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:92633554

For how long have you played on our servers?: 1 and half months on CC

What country are you from?: Canada

Time Zone: Atlantic Standard Time

Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones: Yes, it is my first time submitting a developer application

Have you received any bans?: No, nor have I gotten any warns from any staff members

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): 3

Do you have any experience with Git?: Yes, I’ve worked with both Gitlab and Github

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?: Many years again, mainly working with developing classes (Dark RP Jobs) for a sever

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?: I’m able to provide at minimum of 1-2 hours a day. I’m able to commit more time when needed.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?: The main reason for applying is the fact that I hope on introducing new and exciting ideas for the server with the hope of attracting new/former players to the CC server. With me being the 2nd year, Programming Student I am quick learning for coding styles and can quickly troubleshoot problems. I feel like a somewhat newer player to the sever I have a fresher viewpoint on things that may be a deterrent for a newer player.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Application Denied

Hi LLama,

Thanks for taking the time to make a developer application.

Unfortunately your GLua experience seems to be a bit thin. Generally, we expect people to be able to comfortably write some basic addons and features before becoming a Developer for our network. Writing DarkRP jobs is very different to the Lua development work you'd be expected to do.

If you wish to be a Developer in the future, I'd recommend looking up "Code Blue GLua tutorials" on YouTube and working through those tutorials, and attempting to make a couple things on your own, then re-applying. Thank you!​

Status
Not open for further replies.