LuZ

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 29, 2020
Your in-game name: LuZ MSM UN
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:63748507
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/LxZAllxn
Date of ban: 02/01/2021
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Glitch Abuse - Shooting people from under the map
Who banned you: Alexi Blitz
Ban length?: 5 days
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: To stop this from happening again, I clearly need to think before I do anything so stupid. I spawned under the map, and due to such a long event, I was extremely bored and tired and I just didn't think before my actions, so while under the map I killed a few USSR. I know this was wrong and despite me appealing this straight after my ban, I do definitely feel that I've learnt my lesson.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: I was warned maybe 2 months ago or so for RDM and then a few weeks ago for spawn camping. Since joining the server over 3 months ago, I've been warned twice.
Why should you be unbanned: I know how much of a mistake it was, I'm not stupid and I know it's against server rules. As I said above, there was an extremely long event going on, which had been going on for close to 3 hours and I was so bored and tired, which I know is no excuse for glitch abusing, but I can't take it back and that's honestly the only reason that I did abuse the glitch and killed USSR from under the map. I knew it was wrong and I'm sure everyone on the server can agree that it's a nice feeling when you kill the enemy, which is what I was experiencing for a short period of time under the map, which I know was stupid of me. I did type /stuck and when that didn't work I called an admin, but by this point I had already killed multiple USSR from my position under the map. I know I should've instantly called an admin, but spawning under the map and not being constantly killed just felt so much better, especially after being pissed off at the whole event and feeling hard done by.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I enjoy playing on the server a lot, and I do know right from wrong and I know what I did was definitely against the rules. I can admit, I wasn't expecting such a harsh punishment in the event of being caught, but I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. I can ensure that I don't break any other rules by just thinking before I do anything so stupid, I obviously do enjoy the server a lot which is why I play it so much, and I don't want to get warned or banned in the future for any rule breaking.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I work a full-time job as well as working on the weekends currently, yet I still manage to get on the server daily and I would even say I'm one of the more active NATO members, especially as a Colonel (before this incident). I love playing MRP and I've met a lot of good people on it, people who have made me laugh and have honestly made me enjoy playing the server. Since I first joined the server, I have mainly been on everyday, aside from one incident of where I was on LOA for a couple days. I would hope my dedication to the server that I believe I've shown throughout my time on it, would be enough to show that I care. I have worked extremely hard and spent so many hours on the server to improve ISAF and the whole of NATO and being banned for 5 days over me not thinking about my actions is really hard for me to come to grips with. Obviously I know staff hold every right to ban me for my actions, and I'm not going to sit here and complain about any feelings of being hard done by or any of that, I'm appealing this ban because I enjoy the server and I've put so much dedication into it and to even be banned for 5 days, which may seem short to some in the grand scheme of things, feels like a lot to me.

Last edited:

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I know you're not supposed to comment on ban appeals, but I'd just like to say that Luz is one of the community's most respected and active members. He's completely transformed ISAF as COL and made it a really fun regiment to be a part of. He's an absolute credit to the community and without him there'd be tens of regulars who just wouldn't have bothered getting their start in the server.

What he did was stupid, sure, and I agree he shouldn't be getting away with it, but I think his actions in the community severely outweigh this incident. I've trained Luz up from a PVT all the way to COL and not one day have I ever thought he was a detriment to the community. He's a top guy, a real good laugh and completely undeserving of a 5 day ban. He puts a lot of effort into his real life work that it's astonishing to see him put so much effort towards MRP, it'd be a real loss if the ban was upheld. There are a lot of people in the community upset at this, and rightfully upset at him for being a bit of a tosspot, but this is the first real discrepancy on his record. Even I've done worse, nuking the USSR base, gate camping, illegal FOBs, MRDM player-led events, and I've got away with all of it. He's killed a couple of people under the map out of boredom and he feels genuine guilt over it.

Sorry for posting on a ban appeal, just thought I should at least add this.

CommanderSmith

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Dec 22, 2020
UK
I hate this side of the job... @LuZ Hello unfortunately I'm going to deny you ban appeal as killing people under the map and not expecting to get punished for It would be just bad in general, though you are an absolute legend in the community been here since say dot and lead the ISAF forward as well as a huge part of the server as a whole I just want to say that this is probably the hardest thing I have to do as Ban Officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.