Merlyn's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlyn

Apr 21, 2022
Original Steam login name (your account's first-ever name): I believe it was Epic_Gamer
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): 1 day, 3 hours on this account, on my old account I believe it has 4-5 days.
In what country are you located?: Australia
Time zone: AEST
NATO name (regiment and rank): N/A
USSR name (regiment and rank): 10SD SGT Igor Valenz
Civilian name: N/A
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:507422596
Do you have a mic?: I do
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: It is.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?: Yes I have gotten one, it was for entering the enemy base (mind you I am going to appeal this)
-
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?: Yes, I have plenty of experience. I have been a staff member on countless DARK RP, Military RP, and SCP RP servers.
-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?: Yes, I have been doing serious RP now for 4 years.
-
How many hours can you be on every day?: 2-3 hours.
-
Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
I wish to be a moderator so I can ensure RP is always happening on the server, uninterrupted from any rule breaks. I also wish to moderator on Mil RP so I may help out any "new people" who join the server assimilate with the rules and regulations. I also want to help put a stop to the "minge" type of thing that is always happening late at night.
-
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:

You should pick me for staff because I am experienced. I understand how different this server is then other servers. This server needs a more lenient approach due to the fact that it is a Military RP server. I am also an Australian, so I would be dealing with the "night shift". I would be able to allow RP during these hours because now, it is just filled with PVTs who just RDM late at night. I have also held various staffing positions and because of that, I have earned a completely new approach to staffing. I understand how it can hurt a person if they are warned, so wherever possible, I try to not ban people, but to only leave warns/notes, this makes staff happy as there is a record of their actions and leaves the player happy because they are not warned/banned. I also have great people skills. Anyone who has talked to me will understand that I am extremely friendly and approachable, I also would help new players start off on the server by giving them a tour, a small amount of money to start off and help them get recruited into a faction (probably USSR).

I also, as I said earlier, am an Australian. I would be able to ensure that the late-night "minge hour" would be extremely hindered. Not only is this annoying and gives the server a black eye, but it also turns away people who wish to role-play. During my time, I have been RDMed countless times. If I was made staff, I would be able to put a stop to this and ensure the server remains fun, safe, and playable for all people, for all timezones, and for all day, every day. I also just love being staff, I just love being able to help people.
-

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Neutral -SUPPORT

I have no interactions with you so I am unable to make a verdict.

1651434551922.png

Also, you advertised your application in OOC

EDIT: Banned for Homophobia

Last edited:

Merlyn

Apr 21, 2022
Man your really going to call "I made a staff app" with some cheaky ;)'s advertising. I just had made a staff application and wished to tell a couple of friends that I made one. You really going to get your knickers in a twist over it?

Last edited:

luaes

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 16, 2021
Scotland
- Support

+ Previous staff experience
+ Relativley well made application

+/- No interactions to form a valid verdict
+/- unsure on rule knowledge
+/- unsure on maturity

- Broke rule 8 of the staff recruitment rules: "Don't ask other users to look at your application, if you're caught advertising then your application will be withdrawn".

Hello Merlyn, after reading your application, I have decided to go with a -support verdict. Your application was very well written and you have previous staff experience, however I have had no interactions with you and you also broke rule 8 of the staff recruitment rules which you should have read before making an application. You said that you did it "to tell a couple of friends that I made one." However that is exactly what advertising is, and if you were going to tell friends, why wouldn't you privately message them instead of publicly announcing it in ooc where everyone online would see it?

Best of luck,
- luaes

Last edited:

Kuo

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 24, 2021
- Support

- Advertising your app in game
- No interactions

Caleb

Donator
Mar 14, 2022
Positives
- Decent chunk of detail on some questions.

Reservations
- I don't have enough interactions to fully give a valid verdict.
- Formatting of application is quite an eye-sore.
- Not a large amount of playtime so unsure on rule knowledge and server knowledge.
- While it's always cool to have people from other timezones, MRP has a basically non-existent playerbase past midnight (BST). So you'd probably find yourself not doing much (unless you managed to come on during peak times for Europeans).

Verdict
I will be be going with a NEUTRAL, good luck!

Last edited:

Eisenhower

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 6, 2022
-Support
Hello Merlyn, I am here today to -support your application.
My interactions with you alongside your interactions towards members of 10thSD under the alias of “Igor Valenz” were very toxic, and included but are not limited to: telling higher ranks to shut up, disregarding their orders, total and utter disrespect as well as most shockingly of all for a staff hopeful, used a derogatory term beginning with f towards a fellow member of your regiment.

You also lack rule knowledge seeing as if you decided to RDM a USSR PVT today as well as be arrested, for no good reason other than and I quote “it was annoying.” It seems hypocritical you decided to mention being RDMed on your application, whilst you yourself are a perpetrator. Furthermore, you were not complying with orders despite the fact that you were outnumbered which falls under FearRP and a possible NITRP for how long it took you to stop running and the fact that you were pretending to be AFK whilst I needed you to move in jails, which you only did so once I made you aware I was recording the incident.

If any member of staff would like to see clips I am happy to send them to you just DM me on discord.

Mango

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2021
-Support

-Toxic
-Advertising Mod Application
-Recent Warnings
-Not Confident on Rule Knowledge

Hello Merlyn, Due to the reasons above and with an alarming set of negatives from my peers, I am not able to support your Moderator application in any capacity.

Regards,

-Dmitri

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
-Support
Broke the recruitment rules.
Currently banned for toxicity and homophobia.
Known to be toxic.
Recent warnings.

Bobby1

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
+support
not toxic
not many warnings
tested rule knowledge and he knows them all
not banned for homophobia

Alex

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 30, 2021
England
Application Denied

Hi Merlyn,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Hi, Unfortunately we do not see you fit to join the team due to recent events. mainly your recent ban for homophobia and you breaking application guidelines by advertising it in OOC, you claim that you wanted to tell your friends you just made an application a simple DM in discord would of done the job instead of showing it the the entire server.

You may re-apply in 6 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.