Michael Bale ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWelp

Dec 25, 2020
Your in-game name: Michael Bale the Decanus
Your SteamID: https:/steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199062946242
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199062946242/
Date of ban: 09/03/2021
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM
Who banned you: Sofa
Ban length?: 2 Weeks
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/darkrp-rules.12/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I'll keep my trigger finger less active.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Warned around 40 times around the last 5 months.
Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned as I had no bad intention for my actions. I never had. In this situation, after attempting to murder a suspect in the sewers, the turret went off. I tried to run but people were blocking my way. So I killed them. I also believed that one of them stabbed me, causing me to shoot all of them to be sure. Was this the smartest move in hindsight? No. Did I want to kill all of them in spite? Not even close. The situation was tense, with the sewer dwellers surrounding me, which I don't blame them at all for. I believe that most people would have acted similarly in my situtaion. With the turret firing at me, I did what I could to leave the area, knowing that I will probably get stabbed by multiple dwellers. And even when I killed them, I still died. There was no way for me to survive, which if I had know, I would have just stood still, but as they say, hindsight is 20/20.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I never break rules to break rules, all of my warnings are me having a misunderstanding. I will have a read anyway of the rules before I join back the server.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I truly enjoy this server and have made friends along the way on it. I am no menace, just a guy looking for an RP experience. Thanks for reading.

DrWelp

Dec 25, 2020
i will just show you the video

The situation was tense, with the sewer dwellers surrounding me, which I don't blame them at all for. I believe that most people would have acted similarly in my situation. With the turret firing at me, I did what I could to leave the area, knowing that I will probably get stabbed by multiple dwellers. And even when I killed them, I still died. There was no way for me to survive, which if I had know, I would have just stood still, but as they say, hindsight is 20/20. This is truly not how I operate, and I don't feel good about this at all. I do apologize for this incident.

Last edited:

Sofa

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
you could of taze them or Stun stick them out of the way not kill everyone that was unarmed you are a juggernaut with a taser for a reason don’t just hold tigger thinking you are going to get away with saying this was crossfire

DrWelp

Dec 25, 2020
you could of taze them or Stun stick them out of the way not kill everyone that was unarmed you are a juggernaut with a taser for a reason don’t just hold tigger thinking you are going to get away with saying this was crossfire
I never did think that I am going to get away with this for crossfire, or I would have adverted crossfire. I take responsibility that this was not my smartest move by far. As I said before, if I knew that wouldn't survive, I would have just stood there. I had no bad intention behind this. This is also why I came back.

Sofa

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I’m glad you came back but I suggest you just wait out the ban and take a break and think about what you could of done differently then when you come back don’t do nothing stupid like this again

DrWelp

Dec 25, 2020
I’m glad you came back but I suggest you just wait out the ban and take a break and think about what you could of done differently then when you come back don’t do nothing stupid like this again
I believe I learned my lesson already. It wasn't right. I take responsibility for that. I now know what I could have done differently, in the heat of the moment, I didn't. I will be more responsible as a PD. I suggest a ban on PD jobs for 2 weeks. I understand my mistakes and I truly apologize.

Nathan

Nathan
Donator
Dec 22, 2020
Locking this thread for now.
The back-and-forth in a public setting isn't the best way to go about this. Both of you, poke me on TeamSpeak next time you're available and I will listen to both sides equally. Thank you.​

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
What Kenny meant to say was, under the circumstances we think the way you acted wasn't with the intention of being malicious. Before you killed them, one of the sewer dwellers shouted kill him, and another one presumably got out a big sword before you started firing.

Under the circumstances, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to assume that the other sewer dwellers would join in and try to kill you. Additionally, given that there was a turret, and the whole situation happened so quickly, we're both in agreement that you acted retardedly, but not that it's something we should be banning players for.

We've decided that a full removal of the ban seems to be the fairest thing here. Please don't LTAP next time though :)

Reactions: DrWelp
Status
Not open for further replies.