Mike`s Developer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamHexxit

Jan 8, 2022
Swiss
In-game name: Mike Glozkowski
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:196962751
For how long have you played on our servers?: I don't know the exact time but I have been on the SCP Discord since January 14.
Time Zone: UTC+01:00
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones: Yes

Have you received any bans?: No

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): Around a 5 with Backend stuff, but with things like VGUI, Animations, and models a 2-3.

Do you have any experience with Git?: I know the basics and how to use them.

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?: Not in a public Server because I never had the opportunity to do so. But I coded a lot on a private server where I learned basically everything.

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?: If I have school, around 2-4 hours a day on the weekend, about 5-6 hours a day.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?: I want to be a Developer, because I can finally have something related to my "hopefully" future Job, and because I really like to code as a whole. I could help you with things like bug fixes, developing new systems, and plenty more things.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Hi, can you give examples of what you have developed on GMod (preferably with screenshots), else I won't be able to consider your application.

JamHexxit

Jan 8, 2022
Swiss
Hi, can you give examples of what you have developed on GMod (preferably with screenshots), else I won't be able to consider your application.
Thanks for the quick reply
Sadly I couldn't find the old server where I coded the first time. But here are some things I recreated.

A system that saves the money of a player
A simple bank system

A simple hud that displays
The name of the player
The health of the player
The armor of the player
And the money of the player

And the first SWEP I made

If you need more I can do more if you want

Some ULX commands for the money system

Last edited:

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Hey Mike, thanks for your application. I think right now based on what you've shown, there might not be too much in terms of development tasks that I can give you. What I'd recommend is spending some time working on making GUIs, as well as entities with custom logic (such as entities which you can interact with, entities which do things when taking damage, etc). I'd recommend you spend a couple weeks working on those and then make a new dev application showing off some of what you've made, and we can go from there.

Thanks for your time, it's really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.