operation bring back cg players

Scunter

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 8, 2021
ok we need to figure out a way to bring cg player base back we need to figure out why ppl dont play and resolve the problems one big issue for me is shitty m9k also there needs to be a limit on the orgs when u get raided by a big group small bases with solo players cant defend so you dont really see anyone basing unless its in a mega base so its shit for raiding

Scunter

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 8, 2021
there is nothing wrong with mrp but it killed cg all the players went there

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
We don't have m9k anymore. Limiting orgs is not palatable as it could take the few groups that do still play and kill them off.

It seems you've not played in a while - you can't then come on and go "we need to figure out a way to bring cg player base back" like it's some new idea no-one has talked about. Some people have been working on it tirelessly, unfortunately it's find to hard people who do actually have the time and passion to put into reviving CG.

We've ran town halls, we've identified the problems (related to content / staff / community / etc), but we're struggling with the resources right now.

It's easy to pay lip service to fixing CG, what requires effort is actually sitting down and fixing it. I'm not just talking about things that are dev-related, most of CG's issues right now are a community issue, meaning players and staff. To list off the top of my head:
- Toxic players and gangs in-game
- Bad attitudes/not very active staff
- Lack of good events (or any events at all)
- Lack of community spirit (most people seem to believe it's all over)

I was working on this but I've had to go on break to work on my university dissertation as the deadline for that is upcoming, and unfortunately I can't sacrifice my degree for CG. For the time being it's up to someone else to pick up that mantle and push forward. CG can be brought back to a stable point but there needs to be a big shift in mindset, it's impossible to get players to join a server if everyone thinks it's doomed.

My point is though that our problems are such that anyone can help but most people seem not to want to. I get this is well-intentioned but if you want to help the best thing you can do is actually get on the server and join a gang, create a good environment for new and existing players, keep a positive attitude, give good feedback, etc.

Thanks.

Last edited:

fiski69

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Dec 24, 2020
yes i also hope cg will be back to a big playercount soon i really want to play darkrp with my friends but there are no other players to roleplay with so i dont join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: Marco

King Jez

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 12, 2021
pub (ate wife)
yes i also hope cg will be back to a big playercount soon i really want to play darkrp with my friends but there are no other players to roleplay with so i dont join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i would love to roleplay with you fiski69!
love from bahrain!

Jxsnn

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 26, 2020
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
Guys, one quick temporary fix is if you actually come on CG and hang around for a while. Just sitting around talking about how dead CG is on discord, forums etc doesn't help. If you come on Cg then the player count on the server browser will be higher, therefore players will be more likely to join since nobody is going to join a server with only 10-15 players average. It's time that you guys make your move and take a place in helping CG. Stop sitting around and just play, I know this will sound a bit cringe but, every little helps; and it does.

Reactions: Ice_CreamYY

altunan

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
May 3, 2021
Agree with Jxsnn here, just sitting and talking about CG needing players won't do anything, but you can help by joining the server and raising its player count, that way people browsing the server list are more likely to join when they see a populated server.

I have also noticed the lack of activity within the server. Today I saw someone join, complain in chat "where is everyone" and then leave not 5 minutes later. The majority of players in the server as far as I have noticed just seems to hide away and base. It doesn't set a good welcoming tone for new players, the streets are empty. For them, there's nothing to do.

I think we should reward new players staying on the server, perhaps a cash injection after a certain amount of time spent online (non-afk) or something similar, that way there's some motivation to not just leave after seeing a ghost town and actually work towards a goal.

Reactions: Jxsnn

Yamikaze01

Jan 10, 2021
I mean in the pre-wipe the overpowered cops made the new players leave because it made being a criminal boring and unfun, and the unnecessary wipe just killed the server off lol

Last edited: