Rasare's Programmer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasare

Jun 27, 2022
nun ya dam business
In-game name: Rasare
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5184235
For how long have you played on our servers?: About a month 1/2 [Started on SCP-RP UK Server]
What country are you from?: United States
Time Zone: CST
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:
This is my first.

Have you received any bans?:
No.

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):
6, 8 at most.

Do you have any experience with Git?:
Yes I do.

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?:
Yes! I've worked for my buddy Samsung and his MilitaryRP server for AI Zombies vs. Humans.
I've also been considered for a Developer Position for Icefuse Networks.
{This isn't GMod, but I've been a ROBLOX Developer for many, many years as a scripter.}

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:
Literally daysworth, thanks to summer. [Note, this will change when school starts in Late August.]

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
I've noticed a fair amount of bugs and scripting errors I can fix very easily.
I've also noticed there's some parts of the servers that others want fixed/tweaked that would make the game much more enjoyable.
Being able to help a server I love and help others enjoy, would make me feel very good for helping.
I also want something to do over the summer hehe.

Bug Reports and Fixes.
Something I saw while playing SCP-RP, was the sheer amount of bugs and glitches, a few I saw I can quickly fix. "
Including the following;

-Containment Blockers not properly sized, allowing SCPs to escape without a proper breach. [Instead of a shell, we can have the doors to CCs blocked, for 079 we can have the walls, windows, floor and roof can be blocked.]

-Hacking Device giving impossible algorithms. Or much stronger Memory Matrix algorithms than designed.
[This has been noted quite a few times by CI and other MTF. A simple .cfg edit should fix it quickly with probability.]

-SCP-079 has been noted to have a bug with part of its containment as soon as people join. I believe this is a result of the containment blocker needing to turn on as soon as an SCP spawns, but not reading it fast enough.
[This is easily solvable by just having the Containment Blocker on for SCPs at all times]

-VWar Field Kit has an Exploit where if the kit is dropped, it refills it fully.
[This is fixable by having the Field Kit log whatever supplies are used, and only then refillable at an Ammo Restock entity.] {If the Field Kit logs show that medical supplies were used, the equipment won't be refilled upon being dropped.}

-Intercom for speaking. [I don't know if this will be implemented, or if this has been banned. But we can make it so that when someone uses a keycard to unlock an intercom, then becoming a usable entity, hitting the USE key, playing a sound file for an alert that someone is on the intercom, then speaking, we can extend the voice chat range to the entire underground facility. Thereby replicating the intercom.]

-Item Dispenser cooldown after Server Restarts.
If you play on SCPRP a lot, you'll notice an item dispenser, and there's cooldowns. However.
After a server wide restart, it's as if someone just recently dispensed the specified item.
This can be fixable by making it so that it utilizes a server timer for each player, logging when a player dispensed an item, then starting a timer for the cooldown. [So that it doesn't waste people's time.]

-Other small bugs that are easily fixable. [Such as caching issues.]

Last edited:

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Hi, do you have examples of Lua you have written that you can provide either here or in a DM to myself? I appreciate you have spotted bugs, but knowing possible solutions for them isn't evidence of Lua experience. (I should note too - we haven't fixed them yet just because of time constraints, not because we can't figure them out!)

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Didn't receive any response or DMs from you so I'll be denying this application. Feel free to re-apply in a couple weeks once you have examples you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.