Rule 1.01 — Siegfried's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astero

Aug 14, 2021
In-game name: Siegfried Sviatoslav/Wagner
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:137869201
Steam community link: Steam Profile
Link a copy of the in-game rules here: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/
1653964068578.png
What will you do to stop this from happening again?
Not attempting to save fellow comrades through the usage of explosive means as they will just walk right into explosives and will cause you to be banned.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes, 2 warnings and a appealed MRDM ban that was deemed accidental.

Why should you be unbanned?
Before I explain why I should be unbanned, I will also explain the scenario that occurred:
In the USSR, I was banned from MRDM for throwing a grenade. Where this started was that 4 ABT were injuring and shooting at and around higher ranking officers in the ABT DB (by shooting at Colonel Lewis at the time). There were 3 regiments that were there being SHA, FSB, and ABT; me being the only 10th at the time. I threw a grenade at 4 ABT shooting up the place, which was located nowhere near the other regiments, in the corner of the DB Stage. With my attempt of neutralizing the threat, everyone decided; including the FSB, SHA, and ABT themselves to run towards the grenade to then all be killed by the grenade. This was during the end of the day after we had the final war.

With this scenario in mind, I attempted to save the ABT Colonel and the many other high ranking officers within the ABT debrief through the usage of a grenade as the active threat was in the corner of the room grouped together isolated from the rest at the current time. Once I threw this grenade, everyone within the room ran towards the grenade where then the kill feed showed that I did kill many comrades with a grenade; but not with intentional action. In this scenario I felt wrongfully banned considering that it's also a FailRP scenario that all those whom ran towards the grenade failed to value life; with me being responsible with the right intentions in mind ending up being the one punished. I do understand that it was risky to throw a grenade, but I had confidence in my abilities that it should've eliminated the threat within a RP scenario (realistically taking no questions asked in removing the threat at hand) which it would have, but didn't take into account that everyone would run towards the grenade and take no action to handling the threat…

Section 6 in the rules also mentions:
1653977046509.png
Which can be considered a Mass Suicide Bombing by those who lunged towards the grenade. Mass RDM is considered in having the intention to kill players without any valid roleplay reason. With what I stated above, I did not have this intention to kill the other players not involved with the active shooting; this scenario was not in my control to foresee that other players would run towards a grenade as well as into a active kill zone with 4 armed individuals shooting within the bunks.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?
I will take more cautious attempts to prevent them from occurring again in the future by simply recording every action I take as well as not taking everything as a realistic situation as this has led me in a few misunderstandings.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?
I want to contribute more to the server and continue to help the newly elected regimental command in forming 10th in their very own image. I have already created ideas for 10th Steel Division in which I hope to assist with for when the update comes out. I want to help the struggling regiment and help improve the quality of each individual person to greater heights and be apart of that adventure along side Tommy, Michiel, Red Gardna, and the other members of 10th.

Last edited:

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Astero ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I will be accepting your ban appeal on the basis that you were attempting to RP in the scenario and you had little control over the number of kills at that time. However, I will be reducing the ban to 5 days on the premise that you misused your equipment in such a way that you lacked regard for the loss of life. While this is a case where you should have got FSB to control the situation, this may have been prevented.

In response to your appeal, your ban length will be reduced and you may serve out the rest of the time.

Kind Regards,

Doofy​

Status
Not open for further replies.