Sit was resolved and the admin still banned me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippinn Jimmy

Jun 25, 2022
Your in-game name: Slippinn Jimmy

Your SteamID: 76561198080232660

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080232660/

Date of ban: 6/24/2022

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Death Threats - Richard

Who banned you: "Negotiator" i think

Ban length?: 2 weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Not interact with players i don't know

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? yes

Why should you be unbanned: The admin handling the sit said he would return us both and no punishment and proceeded to ban me off word of mouth of another player with no evidence, i explained myself in depth during the sit that they did not accurately depict what i said or how i said what i said and acknowledged that the reporting player did not have evidence and only word of mouth and still banned me.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: By being on my best behavior and just not interacting with other players i don't know outside of RP

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
because i genuinely enjoy playing on this server, i wont let previous offences reflect the nature of this ban because i am trying to make myself a regular on this server and my hours definitely show i do play here frequently since i first joined. All in all there are a few people who really grind my gears and make it apparent that they trip off of their in game rank but as i stated, i would just avoid those players all together, and let it be known that i did not make death threats to the player involved, the admin handling the sit hardly seemed neutral during the matter.

Richard

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 1, 2022
Hi @Slippinn Jimmy I told you that I would send you back but to expect punishment which was the ban, the reason you were banned was for saying "I wish I could shoot fat neck bearded people like you irl.". During the sit you tried to explain it by saying you meant "I wish I could shoot. Fat neck bearded people like you irl." which in logic does not make any kind of sense. Maybe you can explain your meaning on here better but I doubt it.

Slippinn Jimmy

Jun 25, 2022
Hi @Slippinn Jimmy I told you that I would send you back but to expect punishment which was the ban, the reason you were banned was for saying "I wish I could shoot fat neck bearded people like you irl.". During the sit you tried to explain it by saying you meant "I wish I could shoot. Fat neck bearded people like you irl." which in logic does not make any kind of sense. Maybe you can explain your meaning on here better but I doubt it.
See there you go again using your own words, this is exactly what I made mention of in the report which is why there should have been a clip instead of you taking his side straight away, I told you the EXACT words I use, in which context they were used and I stressed the timing as well, it doesn't help that the server lags so much that when its full you can hardly even get out a complete sentence in VC. So this is what I ACTUALLY said, word for word "I wish I could shoot." (as I was aiming my gun directly at him after a debated about a previous interaction, yes I broke NLR sorry) and after I got into the elevator I then, what you might chop up as mild harassment, said "pfff fat neck beards like you IRL-" I did restrain from saying anything further because he had already previously tried to arrest me for saying I had relations with SCP-999, even if I said it in the exact context you typed it out there, how is that a death threat? | | | | Firstly I used the terms, "I wish I could shoot." That is a statement, not a threat... a threat is a direct message for example, "I am going to, or, I will." and secondly "Logic" is reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity, which when I was defending myself during the sit, you never once acknowledged MY logic. In conclusion, I should not have to site meanings and definitions for you, nor should you be making a sit one sided. You took the word of mouth from the reporting party and thought it was enough to warrant a ban, and now you further prove your bias by your last sentence in your reply, "Maybe you can explain your meaning on here but I doubt it." every single sit I attend the first question I am asked is "do you have a clip" and even after you brought me and told me the reporting player did not have a clip your continued your sit off word of mouth and the ban was 100% without evidence.

Richard

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 1, 2022
In saying "I wish I could shoot" people can take that as a threat to themselves, which is what happened in this situation. The part about not having a clip like I said I had no clip, but the fact that in the sit you said the exact same thing that you were being accused of saying all the more makes it seem like you ACTUALLY said it. You accusing me of being bias is false, no matter in what circumstance do I take sits that deal with bias and neither should any of the other staff members. Everything that was being told was matching all together. For this instance if you were to be unbanned I would like you to not mention shooting people then talk about irl, the way you stated it makes it seem like a threat and that's why it was taken as a threat. I believe if you were more level headed and calm in the scenario (you told me you weren't in the right head space during the incident) than this could of all been avoided, please in the future think about how you say things and how people can interpret your words. P.S if you took offence to my message at the end of my first post I apologize, I shouldn't be getting toxic in my responses.

Slippinn Jimmy

Jun 25, 2022
If I were unbanned I would like to apologize to the player and for the disturbance, that kind of negativity does not belong on the server and I do truly enjoy playing here, however given the circumstances and the scenario I its wasn't my intention to make the player feel threatened outside of the videogame.

Nomad_600

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 4, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Slippinn Jimmy

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

First thing first I like to apologize on the delay on your appeal response, on behalf of the Server Leadership team I apologize for the delay. Upon review of the situation I have decided to not lift your ban. We take threat against other player very seriously and I highly suggest in the future to be careful of what you said as that could be interpreted as a threat.

Please read SCP-RP Rules before resuming playing on the server

Kind regards,
Nomad​

Status
Not open for further replies.