Your in-game name: Soul
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:224664925
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/soul_is_soul/
Date of ban: 05/09/22
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Macros
Who banned you: Sterben
Ban length?: 1 week
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/v
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will stop using the ingame commands "+left"; "+right"
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? No.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Why should you be unbanned:

I believe that there is no rule stating that someone wouldn't be allowed to use the same features such as those 2 commands.

I contacted the staff about a more-detailed ban and I got the response I got banned off rule 1.22 which states as follows: "Bug/Script Abuse - Don’t hack, script, or abuse glitches. Don’t do anything that can be seen as giving you an unfair advantage over other players".

I believe that those 2 commands do not help me "hack", or can be considered glitches. When someone refers to a script I think that most people would expect cheats/anything that could help them take advantage of the game's flaws and weaknesses in order to grief/win something.

I strongly believe that using those 2 commands doesn't break rule 1.22 as stated by the banning staff member himself.

Proof: ------------------------------------------------------------------
Prior to this What happened before getting banned: I went into my bunks and I had one of my family members call me to help him with something downstairs. As I hear this I decide to put myself on a spin just for fun as I didn't think any of this would happen. I go down the stairs and the family member mentioned earlier tells me we have to take the car and go somewhere. I do this in a hurry and leave my game open as there shouldn't be any problem of me going AFK in bunks. I check my phone as I arrived at the said place and I see a message from Skarr asking if I am AFK. I answer with "Yes" after 10 minutes of the question and he comes back to me breaking the news to me. He told me that he entered my bunks for somewhat reason and then he asks Sterbern if this is considered a script and the rest is history.
------------------------------------------------------------------
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will be way more careful about my actions on the server as I do not want to break the rules or destroy anybody's fun. I am here just to have a good time and talk with people from all over the world.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Because I've established myself into an MTF regiment and I want to keep advancing through the ranks and meet new people.

Sterbxn

Jun 21, 2022
Hi there!

So as you stated, you went into your bunks to go AFK which is perfectly fine, however the use of the '+right' and '-left' commands stop you from being kicked for being AFK to make room for somebody with priority join. The reason i stated it was a macro is because i asked in staff chat for some opinions and i received the answer from @Rushi that it is indeed counted as using a macro.

The rule i sent you is relevant as to the line that says 'Don't do anything that can be seen as an unfair advantage over other players', which preventing yourself from being AFK kicked does, as a regular player would be kicked unless they have priority join.

As previously stated, i asked for opinions in staff chat about if it is counted as a macro and i was told yes. This is why you were banned.

"Soul"

Sep 5, 2022
I did not know that the AFK-kick system for priority players wouldn't work if I would type in console +right.

This is the first server that I have seen a server using this system so this is new for me, and in my case, I do not see this as any sort of advantage, but just pure fun. I had no intentions to ruin this system that has been planned by the server managers and I apologize, but the rules have to be more clear, it is stated nowhere that console commands might be considered as scripting.

I still strongly believe that I should get a chance to be unbanned as it is my first offense and it was out of a clear misunderstanding of the rules.

Flames

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 10, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi Soul,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Upon reviewing the situation I've decided to unban you as the events that has come up to this does not warrant a 1 week ban. For future notice, please refrain from using +left or +right in console .​

Status
Not open for further replies.