[UK] BoltSive’s GameMaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltSive

Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): BoltSive
For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: Been playing since April (7 months)
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom (England)
Time zone: GMT
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): MTF E-11 PVT 'Bolt'
Chaos name (include your rank): LTCOM Kane 'Bolt' Johnson
Civilian name: John Dingle
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:562183070
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for?: SCPRP-UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
Yes
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I've received a few FearRP warnings, however I'm trying to stop getting those. I've had no kicks or bans so far
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
This will hopefully be my first time.
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
SCPRP is my first G-MOD RP experience
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
6-7 hours

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I have some cool event ideas I want to do on the server which I think will be hopefully fun. It'll also help me with trainings within regiments since we can do more in depth trainings.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?
:
Well I hope to not make some boring events where there is like a Bird on surface or something. I wanna make quite unique events with at least some setup behind them.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):

Rat!

A Chaos Insurgency member from another hideout has fled and arrived at the base, he has come with terrifying news, there is a traitor of the CI within Site 65 with some very secretive information. The CI's goal is to retrieve the rat within Site 65 and make sure that information stays secret, however the Rat knows they are coming and is severely armed and protected.

Furry?

SCP-3660 (The Zoo Zipper) has been moved to Site 65 for containment for a short period of time due to delays with it being moved to another site, Researchers and E-11 will get to see Class-D being changed into a wide range of animals.

Cops in the Vicinity!!

There are some Criminals who stole valuable items from Pinewood, Rangers will be tasked to hunt these guys down and bring them to justice, and return the stolen items. (Yes this will be like GTA)

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)

SCP-001 "When Day Breaks"

SCP-001 "When day breaks" has effected the personnel on surface, in which they move in closer to all Factions, the Foundation, CI and GOC's jobs are to defend themselves from SCP-001-02 until the sun sets (Which will be 10 mins.) After the sun has set, each Faction will be tasked to scavenge for materials and maybe find some valuable items, before the sun come up again for the second, and final, time.

List an example mission for each of the following:
O-1:
The Alpha-Warhead has been tampered with! It has been set to detonate within 30 minutes, everyone's lives will be at stake as O-1 will have to run around the site looking for materials and equipment to cancel the detonation before it is to late.

A-1:
Someone unknown has mysteriously ordered a mass termination of specific Foundation Personnel on O5's behalf, it'll be A-1's job to keep an eye on these Foundation Personnel and find out who is behind the Announcements.

Nu-7: [CI and Nu-7 joint event]
Nu-7 have been send a delivery from [Unknown] and within the package contained a small button linked to a receiver, once pressed it released an electric shock which caused a few amount CI and Nu-7 to switch bodies, Nu-7 will be tasked to stop the Chaos members from infiltrating the base in the perfect disguise.

E-11:
E-11 will be tasked to help out with the new SCP on site, SCP-3360, and make sure that it'll be taken safely out of the Facility.

CI: [CI and Nu-7 joint event]
RnD have been experimenting on a new anomalous material that has been delivered by another CI Faction, with extended research they managed to discover how to transfer consciousness between organisms using this material. They created a transmitter and a receiver which when activated sent a select few Chaos Insurgency member's brainwaves through the receiver and out of the transmitter in which their consciousnesses have swapped. The Chaos members will be tasked to cause havoc around the site as long as they can before being found out and captured.

Foundation Staff:
Tech Experts have grown tired of being under appreciated by the other Foundation staff and are going on Strike. They've broken a lot of the important Foundation doors which they refuse to fix.

Bruce

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
May 7, 2022
-Support leaning to +/-Neutral
+/-Decent Play time and activity
+/-I belive you have potential
+/-A few warnings

-Very little detail on on all events you have described
-Every question is poorly detailed

Best of luck Bolt

luka

Apr 18, 2022
-Support
Whilst you are very active and you have shown great competence and maturity as CI LTCOM, this attitude does not keep up in the other roles you play. You also fail to show your actual warnings, making a proper judgement on whether you've learnt from said warnings or not difficult to tell. The app itself looks very rushed. The events are simple and seem like there's been little effort put into them. I'd recommend fleshing out your event ideas a bit more and improving your attitude outside of CI.

Best of luck

Mr Selby

Sep 20, 2022
+Support

+Friendly!
+Mature!
+Has experience out of CI (E-11)
+Creative Ideas!

+/- Few warnings.

Good luck!
-Mr Selby!

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
+Support

+Friendly
+creative ideas
+Senior position
+I can tell you for sure he wont go the lazy gm route of becoming a bird flying around dropping people from the sky and saying its an event

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
Neutral
Your event ideas are basic and could do with fleshing out
Never had a bad interaction with you
Relatively active
best of luck

Simon

Aug 27, 2021
- Support leaning towards +/- Neutral
> I like some ideas, dislike others.
> I have only had a few interactions that weren't very memorable, that means they weren't bad though!
> Overall application is very under developed.
> You don't seem to have much experience in any other faction than CI.
> As a GM you have to follow the lore and not do anything that goes against it. EG - Neutralising a invincible SCP and SCP-001 proposals.

BoltSive

Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York
- Support leaning towards +/- Neutral
> I like some ideas, dislike others.
> I have only had a few interactions that weren't very memorable, that means they weren't bad though!
> Overall application is very under developed.
> You don't seem to have much experience in any other faction than CI.
> As a GM you have to follow the lore and not do anything that goes against it. EG - Neutralising a invincible SCP and SCP-001 proposals.
If the server was accurate to the lore, then many aspects on the server wouldn't exist e.g E-11 and Nu-7 wouldn't be onsite all the time, neither would O1.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
If the server was accurate to the lore, then many aspects on the server wouldn't exist e.g E-11 and Nu-7 wouldn't be onsite all the time, neither would O1.
It's more about creativity as a GM as well, such as on MRP if you write a map change event about 'evil guy has nukes and will destroy the world you must stop him' it's just original and has been done a million times before. An SCP-001 event is extremely similar unless you use a different proposal which you haven't really you have just used the day breaks one which is the most notorious. I disagree with the lore argument but it doesn't present a lot of creativity or outside the box thinking as a GM if for a rare map change event you are using something like this.

Rest of your app is meh and a bit blank with answers and the Foundation Staff event can literally be done by any player. E-11 event seems a bit empty and not very open use. -Support

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
-Support
Immature
Basic and honestly boring event ideas
bad lore knowledge

R. Slicker

Aug 30, 2022
-support
application lacks detail
event ideas lack detail
other reasons stated above
never interacted with you

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022
Core server features have to achieve a balance between lore and gameplay. Events however, must be consistent and not break any form of continuity.

Sven Sky

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Feb 8, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @BoltSive ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a game master application.

After carefully reading through your Application I've decided to deny it for the following: First of the small Events Section the third Events seems a bit too short and undetailed regarding the goal of the Event and the Rangers would just follow the thief's arrest/kill them and retrieve the Items which would be the end of the Event. I wouldn't say that this could be classified as Small Event rather as a small mission for people who are playing on the Ranger Job. Regarding the Map Change Idea that one is very undetailed as to what happens during the Event. There's no Goal to it or any kind of Backstory on how to stop it or if it can be stopped and what happens after. Regarding the Missions the O-1 Mission seems a bit random as the Warhead would be about to detonate O-1 would search the Facility to find Warhead Parts to fix it or stop it. Theres not really any Connections as O-1 are Soldiers and not really Nuclear Engineers they have no experience in repairing an Active Warhead or stopping a Detonation Sequence with random parts they find laying around. The Foundation Staff Mission is very undetailed too and has not much RP to it as Engineer would just stop repairing the Doors and that would be it. Overall the Events are very undetailed and dont involve much RP.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.