- IA Ambassador (holding)
- A-1 CPL (held)
- O-1 PVT (held)
- CI-A (held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One day forum ban, later removed;
No in-game warnings/bans.

What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?:

After spending the majority of my playtime since my acceptance as Ambassador (on the 27th June 2020) as a member within a clearance level 4 position, I've come to learn a lot about the site and how things are run within it. I've always had the tendancy to try and improve the regiment, department or group I was working in and the more I do so, the more it motivates me to keep on working on other projects within the foundation. As an assistant, I will be trying to do the same thing - Improving departments -, but would try to work alongside the current members of the O5-Council to make implementations more smoothly.

My main goal within the foundation is to streamline communications and operations between departments and different layers within the Chain of Command. I'm always looking for documentation to improve, restrictions to be lifted and implementations that could benefit the department or regiment as a whole. Proof of this are my latest attempts to improve Internal Affairs and my documentation work for Alpha-1. I do aknowledge that my long LOA (reason: 2nd child being born) could hinder me with my near future within the site, but I have returned full with ideas and motivation to keep me going for months to come. I hope this motivation does not go to waste.

What are the responsibilities of Overseer Assistants in RP?:

The main duties of being an Overseer Assistant is to assist the O5 in their duties around whatever they would like your help with. However, I do think that the responsibilities can be extended, for example assisting with the Code of Conduct enforcement and answering questions about the Code of Conduct as they appear. Newer player are most of the time not that informed about the Code of Conduct, and I wish to change that.
I do however know that the O5 assistant is a "need to know" role, as people below clearance level 4 will not know what your job is within the site. I do however think that this is no limitation and could actually help with the duties as an assistant. You could provide better overview, check things out a a deeper lever and report your findings directly to the O5 instead of going up the Chain of Command. I also have a lot of suggestions ready and I am planning on reworking a lot of documentation that could streamline communications and operations between the different departments and mobile taks forces. Even changes to the Code of Conduct are not off the table, as some clarification can be made. All of this will be brought to the council as soon as I get the time to work on it. As of now, I am working alongside site command to update Internal Affairs, and wish to first complete this task to move on to the next. I am also planning to rework the Intelligence department, since their numbers are not what they should be, after the surface update.

Please give some lore about your Overseer Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:
- Gregory McCain, freshly parted from his studies in Global Politcs from ███████ University, Belgium, started looking for a job on the local job website. After spending some time and landing his first job on the office of Internal Affairs of the Belgium minister of said department and showing a good understanding of politics, leadership and the capacity to work nights on end, Gregory was given the nickname "Archangel", a callsign to reflect his ability to guide those serving under him within his team. After working in the office for close to 2 years, McCain was approached by two men in black suits. They explained to Gregory that his work has not gone unnoticed and requested if he would like another job offer. Gregory kindly refused, showed the two men out and thanked them for the offer. With no contecxt in any way, Gregory woke up in a dim lit room, feeling dizzy. In front of him where the same two men, they explained that he was now taken to an SCP facility overseas, since the local facility personnel might know his personal information. He was explained that he was to be assigned to the Department of Internal Affairs, and after hearing the introduction of the two men, Gregory fell in love with the idea and agreed upon the new job opportunity.

After working within the Department of Internal Affairs for some years, Gregory was called to the office of the department. With a small heart, Gregory opened up the door and entered. He was promply told to sit on the chair in front of the desk, gulping while sitting down, Gregory looked at a man he admired from the first day since he agreed upon taking the role within the foundation. The Director started talking about the last evaluations of all personnel within the Internal Affairs Department. Gregory started to sweat, even tho knowing his evulation to be good. The report was fully read in front of him. After the end of the report, the director layed the papers down and finished with a simple question:

' We only have one final question, your work here is untill now has been an example to others... How does Ambassador sound?"

After 2 years within the Department of Internal Affairs, Gregory learned the ins and outs of the whole site he was stantioned at. He more and more became interested in overviewing and helping people outside of the department. And that is just what he did. He started helping those in other departents, enlightening them on protocols, procedures and events that have lead to the current state of the facility. After these two years, he become known around the facility as someone who is open for questions and willing to help in different matter. His experience as a leadership figure within the Department of Internal Affairs has helped him to devlop towards someone who is capable of leading mutliple people, advising others and taking care and leadership roles on any situation assigned to him.

Site Adminsitration and the ███████ started noticing this, after recieving reports about his helping hand in facility wide problems, assigning MTFs to specific locations during visitations and reflecting papers handed to them from other facility site administation personnel visiting Site-65.

McCain, now close to 35 years old, was called to the office of the standing Site Director and was questioned on the matter at hand. Gregory explained;

- McCain: "Sir, with all respect, I only was trying to help others. I did not want to interfere with their day to day operations.'-

- Site Director: "McCain... I never told you that I didn't like the way you operate, I just wanted to know why you do it? It's above your paygrade, you are only assigned to work with Internal Affairs, not overlook the whole site."

- McCain: "Euhm.. I just like helping people I assume? I know that other ambassadors within the Department of Internal Affairs are doing a real good job, so when they are overlooking the working of the department, I just focus myself more on the whole facility instead of just IA."

- Site Director: "Ah... I see, you know, I could use someone like you. You are familiar with the Code of Conduct, know the Code of Ethics, enforce the Legal Codex and are already advising and reporting problems that plague the site."

- McCain: "Yes, I'd love to advise you on the matter, I'll do it during my downtime as Ambassador, I'll send you mails with my findings and I w..." [[INTERRUPTED BY THE DIRECTOR LIFTING HIS FINGER]]

- Site Director: "McCain.. Listen, I don't want you to report to me on your free time, I wish you'd help me out with information and reports the whole day, not just after you are done with your ambassador duties. I also would like you here, by my side, not just hear from you over e-mail. I'm assigning you to full time Site Advisor."

After 2 years as a member of Site Administration, Gregory learned that the endless amount of paper was making him demotivated. To combat this, Site Advisor McCain could be found within the killhouse during his spare time. After contacting the members of Alpha-1, McCain was found to be a decent shot and transfered over to the regiment. During his stay within the regiment, Gregory used his experience and documentation skills to further update and revamp some of the documentation within the regiment, implementing a set of rules, guidelines and other things. Because of his outstanding work, Gregory was promoted to non-commissioned officer within the regiment. After he felt that his job there was done, he filled up an application to the O5 council, asking them if they need any assistance. He had high hopes for this position, hoping he could now start making changes for the better towards the whole foundation instead of a few departments or regiments at a time.

Files on Gregory McCain:

CLEARANCE LEVEL 4:
- Personnel file

Simon

Aug 27, 2021
+ Support
> Very Good Application.
> Good Interactions.
> Friendly.
> Many CL4 Experiences.
> BIG LORE!
GOOD LUCK BUDDY!

Metro

Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Employee
Group Moderator
Dec 26, 2020

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, <USER>

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.