Senior Moderator
Rust Staff
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:78123616

Discord name: Otters#0001

For how long have you played on CG SCP: Over a month of playtime, have been here for roughly 3 months.

In what country are you located?: Netherlands

Time zone: CET (+01:00)

Character name(s): 'Otters' | 'The Apostle'

Civilian name: ''Otters''

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?:
- I Do

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- MTF:
MTF Omega-1 CPL [Held]
MTF Epsilon-11 PVT [Held]
MTF Epsilon-11 SPC [Held]

Non MTF:

Ethics Committee Assistant [Current]
Security Captain [Current]
SCP-096 [Current]
CI-Gamma [Current]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- I have received one warning for FearRP. This warn was issued by Ben D and it was a valid one. I was a D-Class, disguised as an IA Agent. I was in Security Sector being held at gunpoint by 2 people, forcing me to show my keycard. At that time I was in a rush, so without thinking twice I pulled out a M60 and I shot towards them, luckly not killing either of them. Afterwards, I got pulled into a sit and got issued this warning. After thinking about it, I realized my mistake and since then I have not done this again and have had multiple RP situations where I complied when being held at gunpoint.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
- I am applying for the position of Ethics Committee Member. I feel like the knowledge and skills I have could greatly benefit the Committee and would like to share this with the Committee. I also have a lot of time I can invest into this position, which I want to do to ensure that an Ethics Member is available at all times to assist in whatever is needed.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
Ethics Assistant

I have a lot of Ethics Assistant experience. This is the position I am well known in and play the most as. This position gives me a good insight on what the Committee does and have teached me a lot of skills which would help an ECM alot.

Document Writing
During my time as an Ethics Assistant, I have written multiple documents for the Committee, ranging from Reports to Requests and just general documents about situations that have occurred. When I first became an Assistant, my knowledge on how to write and format a document was small, but with time and asking an ECM, this soon turned into a skill I hold.

Communication
One skill that is extremely important and I personally believe I can perform extremely well is communication. I know how to properly and effectively communicate with individuals and departments. I do this in a polite and respectful manner, ensuring that what is said is properly formatted and contains the necessary information.

Other than these 2 skills, I hold many other skills and traits which I have learned over my time as an Ethics Assistant, which I believe would help me greatly as an Ethics Member.
Omega-1

I have spent over a month being in Omega-1, which has shown me a lot of things on both what the Committee does and what Omega-1 does. A thing that I personally find important to know is what Omega-1 does and how they operate, since the Committee works with the assistance of Omega-1. I personally would say I have a good relationship with O-1, I have had my bumps here and there with the O-1 Commander, however nothing which would cause a lot of issues. During my time in O-1, I have learned and memorised a good part of the Code of Ethics, which is important to know.
General

In General, I want to be a Member who walks around, actively talks to people, both Department Leads and normal people to represent the Committee. I want to ensure that people know that the Committee is serious, but that they should not be afraid to ask any questions. I am an extremely polite individual, making sure I show respect to others to ensure that they respect me. I would make sure to actively walk around to show my presence around the facility.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
- In RP, The Committee together with the 05 Council are responsible for running the facility. The Committee themselves both enforce the Code of Ethics and make any changes to them if needed. Whenever a change gets made, their responsibility is to ensure that all departments are aware of this. Lastly, The Committee together with the 05 Council oversee departments to ensure they are being run smoothly. Together with these responsibilities, they also make important calls during situations in the facility, which is not limited to:
Call a Code Black and/or detonate the Alpha Warhead if a SCP breach gets out of hand and it is uncontainable.
Authorize Crosstests/tests involving 914, 008.
Authorize Advanced Armory during SCP breaches if deemed necessary.
If a SCP breach gets out of hand, Mass Termination of D-Class could be authorized by the Committee.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
- Outside of RP, Together with the 05 Council, they decide on the Director of Internal Affairs. Without the 05 Council, the Committee decide on Director of Medicine, Ethics Assistant and give votes on Ethics Member applicants. Other than applications, the Committee also makes sure to inform departments about CoE changes and make sure departments are run smoothly with the 05 Council.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

[CLEARANCE 4 IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THIS DOCUMENT]

[ACCESS GRANTED]

[NOW VIEWING: " 'Otters' Personell File"]
Name: ‘Otters’
Position: Ethics Committee Assistant
Site: 65

[Childhood]
‘Otters’ had for the most part an easy childhood. Growing up in a small town located in the Netherlands, he grew up with the motto “Treat others how you want to be treated”. During his time in school, he always stayed respectful to others and followed orders. He did not have many interests, however he enjoyed playing video games in his spare time, especially the ones involving Military Realism. When he turned 18, he decided to enlist in the Royal Airforce.

[Military]
Shortly after applying for the Royal Airforce, he got accepted and began his military career. During his time in the military, he became extremely good at following orders, showing respect and building up leadership experience. After enlisting for 7 years, he reached the rank of Captain. He was well respected and was a good leader. However, shortly after receiving the promotion, he was instructed to go on a recon mission which would change his life forever. During this recon mission, CPT ‘Otters’ was tasked to fly over [REDACTED] to scout out the area, however, he was not told that this area was an active military base. Shortly after entering the airspace, he was hit by Anti-Air and was forced to make an emergency landing, which injured him heavily. This “Military Base” turned out to be Site-[REDACTED]. After being shot down, he was retrieved and brought in for interrogation.

[Foundation]
After being brought in for interrogation, it was clear he was unaware of the problems he has potentially caused. Instead of disposing of him, he was offered a job inside the General Security. ‘Otters’ accepted this offer and soon started his new job. He was positioned at Site-65 as a GENSEC Cadet. Slowly progressing through the ranks, it was clear he stood out due to his military background. During his time on Site-65, ‘Otters’ gained a big interest for the MTF Regiment Epsilon-11, so after a while, he got recruited in this regiment. It was not long after joining E-11 when one day when he was posted at a checkpoint, he was kidnapped by MTF Omega-1 and offered to join them. After joining O-1, ‘Otters’ gained a lot of experience regarding the Code of Ethics and the Code of Conduct, showing interest in the Ethics Committee. He decided to put his combative history behind him and applied for the position of Ethics Committee Assistant. It didn’t take long for him to get accepted, so he started his journey in the non combative side of the foundation. After a while of being an Ethics Assistant, 'Otters' soon found himself in an Interview with [REDACTED].

[CLEARANCE 5 IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THIS DOCUMENT

[ACCESS GRANTED]

[NOW VIEWING AUDIO LOG: Interview ECA ‘Otters’]

[TRANSMITTING AUDIO RECORDING]
[DETAILS]

Name:
‘Otters’
Position: Ethics Committee Assistant
Site: 65

“Welcome, please take a seat”

*The sound of a chair scratching the floor can be heard*

“So, do you have any idea why you are brought here today?”

“I have no idea.”

“We have been observing your work throughout the years”

“Is that a good or a bad thing?”

“I would say a good thing.”

“Your actions have been positive and we believe you have skills that we need in the Committee.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“We have had a discussion amongst the Committee and have decided to upgrade your position.”

“Why thank you, this is a big honour and I hope to continue my work.”

“This position comes with a lot more responsibility, so enure to stay professional at all times.”

“I will ensure to keep my proper behaviour up.”

“Well, I would say this interview is adjourned.”

*The sound of 2 chairs can be heard scratching the floor, then being moved back*

[END OF TRANSMISSION]

Last edited:

Freddiec06

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 13, 2022
Hello Otters after reading your application I will be leaving a + Support for the following reasons,

- Your activity within the sever and community as a whole is impeccable with what seems like essentially everyone on the server knowing of you and finding you approachable at all times.
- Whilst you have not had as much experience as other applicants who become Ethics Committee members within the assistant role and CL4 as a whole I believe you are more than capable to take such a role on.

- Compared to your previous application your lore and general answers have been improved drastically which I think is what a lot of people sought for in your application prior.

Overall I believe you are a perfect fit to take upon the role of ECM allowing you to take that further step within the hierarchy and foundation.
Good Luck Otters! :)

KFC is LIFE

Jun 18, 2022
++Heavy Support
'Otters' would be an amazing ECM, he is the perfect fit for it and I would love to see him as one. He has an amazing understanding of the CoE I witnessed him correct an ECA today actually. His lack of Senior CL4 Experience is easily bypassed by the amount of time he has spent on ECA which is 100s of hours. If 'Otters' doesn't get ECM then it'd be a real big shame to the server as a whole. Not only that, you've taken on what people have said from your Prior Application and have improved upon the Lore and althought it isn't amazing. It is good enough in my Opinion. Even then, Lore isn't that big of a deal it just has to be "Good Enough" and it really depends on who is Supporting your Application. Overall, your lack of Managing Departments is easily overcome by the fact that you have more then enough qualities that make you fit for ECM. And, I would in no way have a problem with you becoming ECM. Matter of a fact, I'd be rather quite pleased with this as I enjoy RP with you.
Overall, it is a real big shame you denied his prior Application. Speaking to the Comitee as a whole I hope you won't deny this one as 'Otters' has proven, time and time again. To be one of our best Assistants in the server as a whole and there is some pretty steep competition as a lot of the ECAs are nice and friendly.​

Reactions: Otters

INSANE

Jul 30, 2022
+Support
-Professional and composed
-Probably one of the most well known Ethics Assistants at the moment
-Great application all around

-Lack of senior CL4 position
Hello Otters I feel you are lacking in area of having a senior position as CL4 although I feel you have proved your more than capable for one anyways as an Ethics Assistant, either way good luck!

Deleted member 1291

Feels like nothing of substance has been changed since your previous application. Have you considered taking in the feedback from your last application for ECM? SC should be well versed in SCP and in my opinion you fail to meet that criteria. I also feel like your writing could be more creative as it is pretty mundane and not up to par with the quality of what is expected of SC. Besides that, various spelling mistakes - doesn't shine a positive light in your effort & investment when making your application.
-Support until the most glaring issues are resolved

Otters

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Rust Staff
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Feels like nothing of substance has been changed since your previous application. Have you considered taking in the feedback from your last application for ECM? SC should be well versed in SCP and in my opinion you fail to meet that criteria. I also feel like your writing could be more creative as it is pretty mundane and not up to par with the quality of what is expected of SC. Besides that, various spelling mistakes - doesn't shine a positive light in your effort & investment when making your application.
-Support until the most glaring issues are resolved
Hey Ashibot.

Thank you for the criticism, however I must say that I may not be the most original or creative when it comes to writing lore, I have tried my best.

For the spelling mistakes, I could not find them, so could you possibly point them out so I can fix them? I wrote this app in a google document, so a lot of the mistakes that were in there are already fixed.

Besides this, if you could give me any pointers on why my application is so bad and/or lore part so I can update it accordingly.

Thank you for your time to provide me with feedback and criticism.

@appo first I would like to say thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it alot and it allows me to improve myself.

I would like to point out some things which I personally find that you have the wrong image of.

First I would like adress the entire otter thing. Yes, I ping Ventz, Cloak and Cope with the ? emoji. They are fine with this and usually either ignore it or respond back with ? and/or just simply saying otter. If they had an issue with this I would've heard it. As for the textscreens, I did this for one day. I admit it may have looked a bit goofy, E-11 was fine with it and did not hear any complaints about it from anyone. When SA saw it, they politely asked me to remove it, which I did. As for the Otter document, the only document I have printed out is the O-1 Mascot, which is a running gig in the O-1 Regiment, where an Otter wielding a sword is the official mascot of O-1, due to a petition I created when I joined O-1, which got signed by Ethics Director and O5-1. All of these actions are not to make everything about myself, but to spread positivity and good vibes. I apologize if you think I want to make everything about myself.

Then, about the thing of me applying for Site Advisor, putting it on hold with the message of "I am going for another Senior Cl4 position." The reason on why I specificly said CL4 position was to not hint/advertise towards my ECM application. Then, the reason on why I put it on hold is not, because I think that James Pennington will get it, but to apply for ECM. My goal is to get ECM so I can maximize my time and effort I put into the server in a position where I can assist with alot of things. If I gotten SA, I would've stayed for a while, putting in my all to assist SA as best as I can, then when I would feel comfortable and got the greenlight from other SA's/SD's, I would've applied for ECM if a slot opened up. However, due to recent events, a slot opened up, hence why I applied for it.

I hope this helps, thank you for the time and effort you have spend in giving me criticism and feedback.

<3

Last edited:
Reactions: appo

Broda

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2022
+ Support

Otters has shown great enthusiasm for Ethics and has displayed professional and mature behaviour on site. A definite fit for sure! Good luck.

Svven

Aug 1, 2022
+Support
Otters is by far the most active ECA i've seen, and from the last app he seems to have taken in a lot of the feedback and improved quite a lot. While I can see people being worried about the lack of senior CL4, I personally feel that otters will take the shift to a more senior role very well. Good luck otters!

Basilisk

Donator
Jun 30, 2022
Norway
+SUPPORT
+Active
+Mature
+Good RP Knowledge
+Good Rule Knowledge
+Friendy
+Great Interactions
+Active as ECA and good knowledge when it comes to Ethics and Code Of Conduct

Hey, Otters i will be giving you a +Support
due to reasons stated above. I wish you good luck!

Popko

Jul 27, 2022
Inside your drywalls
+Support
Otters is very active and is very professional and serious when he needs to be. He's been showing dedication to his Assistant duties and think he would be great as an ECM.

Cosmic

Apr 25, 2022
While otters has many positive attributes some of which are as follows: Funny, Calm, collected, leadership skills, managing skills. He doesn't have any senior cl4 experience and I do not believe he is ready for the committee itself for this reason

appo

Donator
Jun 20, 2022
+/-Neutral

+ Can learn from his mistakes (Improved previous lore)
+ Kind to everyone he meets
+ Well Detailed Application
+ Great Roleplay
+ Approachable
+ Very Friendly
+ Great Encounters
+ Very Active

+/- You have put your Site Advisor Application 'On Hold'
(I'll elaborate more below)
+/- I believe you wanted Site Advisor, not for the role itself, but as a stepping stone for other roles, without caring for Site Advisor (I'll elaborate more below)
+/- I've personally seen you post otters in Discord, pinging higherups in Discord with otters, otter emote reactions, O-1 documents with Otters, posting 'otters' as a reason in other people's applications, using mod to insert textscreens around the map saying something about otters, such as E-11 checkpoint, O-1 spawn, E-11 spawn, which I believe is to plug your name in the community anywhere you can, or you try and make everything about yourself, which I personally found a bit monotonous.
+/- Lack of CL4 SR Position Experience

Hi Otters, you previously went for Site Advisor and put it 'On Hold'. Hypothetically, if you were to be accepted for Member, what did you think was going to happen with that application & why put it 'On Hold' under the pretence of applying for a "CL4 Senior Position" and then apply for Ethics Member, a CL5 Position (you wouldn't abandon Ethics Member for Site Advisor)? I don't quite understand this, the only two explanations I can come up with is that there was an ulterior motive to this. Ill go out on a limb and from my own personal perspective from what it looked like, you might've believed that James 'Lyndon' was going to get Site Advisor and you revoked it, although I may be wrong on my judgement/opinion, which if that is the case, I do apologise in advance. Or the second motive, which was that you're worried another application could've gotten denied, and Site Advisor could be your safety net. Furthermore, I believe you wanted Site Advisor for other positions in the foundation such as Ethics Member (plug Site Advisor in your application to get other roles), instead of putting in that extra effort for the Site Advisor role. Although I understand you must have lower ranks in order to get higher ranks, I just don't believe you truly wanted Site Advisor and would've went that extra mile.

GL ?

Last edited:

Nugglet

Donator
Feb 17, 2022
+Support
+Lore
+Ethics Experience
+Active

-No Señor Personnel Experience

Last edited:

Ozz

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 13, 2022
+Support
-One of the most active people in game.
-He is chill and mature and not mingy.
-A
ctively helps people around the site and all people like him.
-Does good RP and actually cares.
-Ccts
professional.
-Nice
application.

hybrisov

Jan 21, 2022
Prague, Czech Republic

+ Support

- Good RP
- Mature
- Experience as assistant
- great interactions with him as a security captain

Well, in my opinion definitely a suitable candidate.
Best of luck.

Marecki

Jul 21, 2022
+Heavy Support
++++active
+++Mature
+++Friendy
+++Lore
+++Ethics Experience
+ ++Approachable

Good luck

Winkie

Donator
Mar 27, 2022
Untitled (3) (5).png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Otter's application for a position on The Ethics Committee.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you for showing your interest as a member of the Ethics Committee, the committee is in agreeance that you are suited to be on The Ethics Committee. However, you will be put on a trial period for the position. Please contact me on Teamspeak once you're ready for your interview.

Once again, The Ethics Committee appreciates the time and effort you put into your application and congratulate you on your new position within the facility.

Signed and Approved
Winkie

Director of the Ethics Committee​

Status
Not open for further replies.