Shino Aeschylion

Jun 2, 2022
South England

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK​

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:

Staff Applications: N/A
Role Applications: Captain | Chief of Security | 096 WL

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:​

In the last 30 days, I have received 2 Warnings. One of which was due to bad roleplay. Both of these warnings were RDM warnings. My all-time total warnings are 9 Warnings and 1 Ban.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:

Yes though many years ago.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:​

Yes

How many hours can you be on everyday?:​

Bare minimum of 1 hour AoD, As for on the server most likely at least 2 hours a day. This is due to my real-life personal commitments as well as other activities to prevent burnout. However, I will be meeting the status quo of a staff member and aim to exceed it as I have completely dropped my secondary in-game positions.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:​

I believe this community is something special, in terms of G-Mod standards it is far above expectations and I've had the privilege to interact with many of the staff members and developers. I have been contemplating joining the staff team for a long time but I've gotten to the point where I want to not only be part of this community even more but also improve it. I plan on ultimately becoming a member of the server leadership team to see through my ambitions.
Thank you to all of you that have urged me to apply. I appreciate your kind words.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:

As a moderator, I will give my best effort to ensure any racism or toxic behaviour is dealt with on the spot as that is the most common thing I end up encountering. I will aim at de-escalating situations and try to approach sits with a completely unbiased and clear conscience. I plan on a more rehabilitating approach rather than a punitive one. I don't believe most cases I've witnessed deserve a warning and I've had some cases where I've seen players provide sound arguments with genuine reasons for doing certain actions and end up getting penalized for it. I aim to be more analytical of the individual's conduct and try and understand the situation from both players' points of view before making a verdict on the situation. This is what I believe is imperative for a staff member to possess.

What I believe distinguishes me from other applicants is my drive and aspiration to help. I am not only doing this out of free volition but to also evolve my thought process as I am a university student and need to think more critically. I believe this community is the perfect place for me to grow as a person and become more analytical. That is all.

PERSONAL INFORMATION​

Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name):xNeCros1sx - My email was my true first but this was my name moments after creating my account, I am willing to share my email if it is requested.
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console):Over a month
In what country are you located?:UK
Time zone:GMT/BST
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable):Chief of General Security Shino Aether 'The Reaper' Aeschylion
Chaos name (include your rank):Former CI-D [REDACTED] 'Necro' [R&D CO-Lead]
Civilian name:John Waters | [REDACTED] 'Kingpin'
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:162238485
Do you have a mic?:Yes

Last edited:

Otters

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Rust Staff
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

For the love of god make the app like the format my OCD is killing meeeeeeee

Aleks

Apr 18, 2022
Greece
+Support
+Amazing RP actually impressed
+Maturity
+Great person / great interaction

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support / +-neutral

- have had bad experiences with him in the past (discussed later + now)
- from what i've seen + experience he gets mad quick (can't take a joke either), here's one little clip (walked up with no prior interaction): https://streamable.com/qy0285

-feel something's off in the app itself here in the section on why he'd stand out among other staff:
I am to educate new players including ones that have no intent to roleplay rather than penalize them.
as chief of security i've seen you ban quite a few people from gensec- some cases have been over small things, eg dancing (speaking from when he temp-banned me because i did this). although i cant comment on other cases this leads back to my point on him getting mad quick but we've already got a clip of that.
i'm not saying you're lying but from past experiences i feel like you do take the option of penalising more often than not, contradictory to what you've claimed

overall from my albeit restricted experiences with shino he seems too by-the-books and serious, which i personally don't feel should be a quality sought after in an admin since not everything's as black and white as the punishment guidelines, but at the end of the day it's the opinion of the other staff members who could want that (which is why i've put +-neutral in as well, i don't support it but others might).

Last edited:

Erl Carlson

Jun 9, 2022
-Support
From my experiences with you both in and out of character, you seem to have a very short temper, whenever stuff doesn't go in your way you get angry. To add from videos of yours it seems like you literally have a job ban bind, and you are very notorious for banning people for the smallest reason, this alongside your pretty large punishment history, bare app and literally taking questions out of the app makes me think you are not ready to be a moderator yet. To add to that currentlly staff are fighting over sits and aod time and I don't think we really need any more moderators as of now

Last edited:

Shino Aeschylion

Jun 2, 2022
South England

+Support
-Redditor

Will always be one :)
+Support

For the love of god make the app like the format my OCD is killing meeeeeeee
+support

Yes.

+Support

great rp
mature, competent
professional
great documents
epic gamer
+Support
+Amazing RP actually impressed
+Maturity
+Great person / great interaction
Thank you all for your Feedback <3
-support / +-neutral

- have had bad experiences with him in the past (discussed later + now)
- from what i've seen + experience he gets mad quick (can't take a joke either), here's one little clip (walked up with no prior interaction): https://streamable.com/qy0285

-feel something's off in the app itself here in the section on why he'd stand out among other staff:

as chief of security i've seen you ban quite a few people from gensec- some cases have been over small things, eg dancing (speaking from when he temp-banned me because i did this). although i cant comment on other cases this leads back to my point on him getting mad quick but we've already got a clip of that.
i'm not saying you're lying but from past experiences i feel like you do take the option of penalising more often than not, contradictory to what you've claimed

overall from my albeit restricted experiences with shino he seems too by-the-books and serious, which i personally don't feel should be a quality sought after in an admin since not everything's as black and white as the punishment guidelines, but at the end of the day it's the opinion of the other staff members who could want that (which is why i've put +-neutral in as well, i don't support it but others might).
Thanks for your feedback Bill, you are correct for the most part. The reason I was frustrated with you at the dancing part was because I was trying to do a briefing for a sweep and was constantly getting interrupted by other personnel. I also don't think it's good for new players to see an agent dance and run off unscathed as it shows to them that this type of behaviour is acceptable :/

If I had a captain that could lead that sweep I would've spoken with you personally instead of getting IA to punish and that's usually what I do with GSD Personnel as well. It's just in that scenario you provided I didn't have the leisure to pull anyone aside, in that situation, I had to lead a sweep so please understand my point of view and try and understand why I was frustrated with you over something as minor as dancing.

I hope that answers any questions you had but if you'd like me to elaborate more on that or explain some of the other feedback you've given me feel free to contact me on discord; Aeschylion#3092, Thank you! ?
-Support
From my experiences with you both in and out of character, you seem to have a very short temper, whenever stuff doesn't go in your way you get angry. To add from videos of yours it seems like you literally have a job ban bind, and you are very notorious for banning people for the smallest reason, this alongside your pretty large punishment history, bare app and literally taking questions out of the app makes me think you are not ready to be a moderator yet. To add to that currentlly staff are fighting over sits and aod time and I don't think we really need any more moderators as of now
Hi. From my experiences with you, you seem to lack a lot as a staff member and have somewhat of a bias against me. If you have callous disregard for following protocol and are surprised that a human being can get irritated due to this I suggest reflecting upon yourself and reconsider.

You also have a short temper from what I've witnessed as out of all the staff members I've encountered, you are the only one to have raised your voice in a sit instead of aiming to de-escalate, not to mention my most recent interaction with you, you tried to get me warned for RDM over what I believe was a very unfair situation and felt like If I didn't clip the incident you would have actually taken another person's word of mouth.

I appreciate you providing feedback but I do not value it and hope other staff members understand my point of view.

Thank you.

The spoiler above is a Reply to all feedback provided

(To Reduce Clutter)​

Last edited:

appo

Donator
Jun 20, 2022
+ Support

+ It's about time!
+ Very Active
+ Very Friendly

GL ?

Brian

Apr 18, 2022
-Neutral (edit: leaning towards +support)

-I'm not sure if you would be able to handle being staff as I don't feel you have enough composure which is important as staff, this is due to the types of situations you will encounter in which you would have to remain calm. You have a very short temper is what I'm saying - which no staff should be like. I don't feel that you're too approachable either which is something staff must be because players will come to them for their issues.
+ Experienced
+ Mature/dedicated player

+ / - Activity could be better as being staff requires 3+ hours of your time per week and as I've noticed you aren't too active

edit: You have told me about your availability and I still feel that it would be a struggle for you to keep up with the requirements, but I don't see why it should hold you back

Last edited:

Shizzle

Apr 16, 2022
+ Support
Has to deal with GENSEC may god save his soul.
Also has experience and is kind and active.

Dennis Fred

Mar 4, 2021

+Support

You're always kind to people and I have not had a bad experience with you yet...
You're my favourite Chief.

Security Captain 'The Vindicator'

Johnson J. Marauder

Jun 9, 2022
+HUGE SUPPORT
+Very Active
+Experienced
+Man write great
documents
Overall deserves moderator

- Johnson J. Marauder Aeschylion

Winkie

Donator
Mar 27, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @Shino Aeschylion ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.

Resource Lead,
Winkie​

Status
Not open for further replies.