[US] Tomas Mann’s application for Ethics Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIcceePhoenix

Apr 10, 2022
Steam ID:

Discord name:
IIcceePheonix#4981

For how long have you played on CG SCP: 3d ~12 hours on vtime, over a month total.

In what country are you located?: USA

Time zone: Pacific Standard Time

Character name(s): Tomas Mann, “Daiquiri”

Civilian name: James H. Kolobad

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:

Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

MTF Nu-7 LCPL

Ethics Committee Assistant

CI-G

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

- I have not.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

- I am applying for Ethics Committee Member. I’ve worked closely with the Committee for some time, and I’d like to play a greater part in the continued and improving Code of Ethics. I’ve deliberated on applying for a while now, after seeing somewhat of a deficit and small amounts of disorganization within the Ethics Committee, I’d like to have a part in it, to help it grow along with the rest of Site-56.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

- I’ve got prior experience, playing an Ethics Committee Assistant. I’ve witnessed first hand some of the duties and function of the Ethics Committee. I believe that I am a good pick for my prior experience, professionalism, and overall RP ability and dedication.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

- To enforce and decide what is and isn’t ethical. To ensure those under the employment of the foundation follow ethical conduct, and ensure that everybody is treated equally and ethically. Regardless of who they are or what their authority is, the Code of Ethics stands above all.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

- They handle applications like Director of Medicine, Ethics Assistant, and Direction of Internal Affairs. They also occasionally modify the Code of Ethics, and keeping other Ethics related documentation up to date.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

> Loading…

> Please enter credentials.

> Welcome.

> Loading…

Ethics Committee Member - “Phoenix”

Name - J.P. "Phoenix” █████
Date of Birth: █████
Country of Origin: ████████ ████ ███
Clearance Level: Five (“Thaumiel”)

Biography​

Born on █████, ███, in █████, ██, J.P. was a rather unremarkable child. Born with an IQ of 142, yet not exactly excelling in school, J.P found joy in sports, going on to join his High School baseball team. However, not all worked out as he would hoped. When war broke out between the countries ███ and ████████, J.P. did his duty and enlisted in the Navy. While overseas, stationed in a nearby gulf aboard his assigned vessel, an order regarding an oil spill arrived, and J.P. went to work.

Moments later, a bombardment by the enemy arrived, sending his ship up into flames. Spurred on by adrenaline-fueled determination, he jumped into the flames taking hold of his ship, managing to pull out four other sailors to safety, before returning to a safe spot himself, having suffered burn wounds to the chest and arms. He was later awarded the highest medal of valor for his actions.

After this experience, he went on to join an elite unit within the Navy, and later, was enlisted into the SCP Foundation as a Junior Security Guard, working at Site-19, Facility 23, working closely with the research personell, and eventually proving himself worthy enough to be inducted into the ranks of Mobile Task Force Unit Eta-10 “See No Evil”.

During his time in MTF Eta-10, aided in the recontainment and cleanup efforts of several SCPs, including SCP-020, SCP-125,and SCP-096. During one of these recontainment operations, J.P. was faced with a choice.

A sample of SCP-020, a deadly fungal infection, invisible upon direct observation, was taken by Chaos Insurgency forces, and was en route to be deployed in a small town of around 5,000 residents. Captain J.P. made the call.

SCP-020-█ terminated. Town was razed by supporting forces. No survivors.

A few days after Incident 020-██, Captain J.P. was called into a conference room. A liaison of the Ethics Comittee, referred to as “Leana” from here, awaited him.

> Loading transcript…

> Loading complete.

Captain █████: What’s this about?

Leana: Hello, Captain. I am Leana, representative of the Ethics Committee.

Captain █████: Ethics Committee? You mean those people who probably don’t even exist?

Leana: Precisely. You’ve been reassigned, to the Ethics Comittee, that is. Effective immediately. This is not negotiable.

Captain █████: You’re joking right? Surely there’s a catch.

Leana: I assure you, there is none. This is not some guise for your death. We do not deal in euphemisms here.

Captain █████, sighing: Even after all I did? My order directly killed five-thousand people. Five-fucking-thousand.

Leana: Yes. It did. There is no way around it. Think about it. Had you not given the call, more and more people could have suffered from that outbreak. Your order inherently saved thousands, if not hundreds of thousands more people than died from your actions. You’ve demonstrated the ability to act rationally under great amounts of stress. We could use more people like you.

Captain █████: I… I see.

> Transcript closed.

> Shutting down.

Tazza

Apr 30, 2022
Australia
+SUPPORT
I may not know him well but his application looks good & he has pretty decent rankings

Soggy

Apr 28, 2022
+Support
- Great guy
-Great RP
-Active

Last edited:

Monarch

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 8, 2022
Untitled (3) (5).png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Reportㅤ
REGARDING: Tomas Mann's Ethics Committee Application
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Thank you for showing your interest in the position of Ethics Committee member, the committee is in agreeance that you are suited to be an ethics member. Please contact me on Teamspeak once you're ready for your interview.

You will be put on a one week probation period.

Once again, The Ethics Committee appreciates the time and effort you put into your application and congratulate you on your new position within the facility.

Signed and approved,ㅤ ㅤㅤ

signature (1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.