Yes

-

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Executive Researcher

-

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

N/A

-

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

Research is a branch that is purely roleplay based. Roleplay has always been my specialty as well as a passion I thrive to improve and strengthen. Roleplay has always been a passion of mine and the research department has done so much to provide more of that. I wish to provide the leadership and knowledge I have built up over time not just within site-56 but along with past experiences.

This will allow me to continue with my career within this foundation and pull forward with my leadership experiences within this site. As I have over two years of experience; but I still want to experience the unique positions on this site. Then this position will be a learning opportunity for me and will help me have a better understanding of the type of leader this department functions best under.

-

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

My biggest attributes in this case is my roleplay experience and documentation abilities. For the time I have been here I have made my roleplay presence known and my capabilities captivating. With the ability to adapt and roleplay through nearly any scenario. I find myself constantly at the whims of gamemasters and storyline roleplay; just to enhance the current roleplay that is occurring and making it more expansive as I help push it to new heights. Roleplay has been a passion of mine, a way to test my creative arts and bring about new ideas.

My documents have been able to stand on their own for years as a symbol of effort, dedication, and commitment. I constantly make documents to enhance a roleplays scenario and be able to keep up with what is going on. Allowing consistency to remain within the department and keeping personnel up to speed to allow inclusion of everyone who wishes to take part. These documents also set an example and help teach people as well as provide information. Helping hone on peoples documenting skills and opening opportunities for self improvement and reflection.

But this only scratches the surface of what considers me a suitable candidate for deputy to the director of the research department. As a fresh face I provide a new perspective on roleplay, testing concepts, and becoming a leader. This has also blessed me with being easily approachable to the various personnel of our site. On top of that I have been through rigorous months of improving my leadership skills and accountability. I am no stranger to having experience with leading a department or having a consistent on-site presence. I have learned how to balance my actual life and my life within the Garry's mod community; which gives me the attributes that fit this position.

-

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

Like being an assistant to site command the deputy director takes up the duties of the director when they are away or asked. They will assist in the maintainment of proper ethical testing and the understanding of the foundation's rules and standards. They will assess and affirm the functionality of the department’s executives assuring they are conducting their duties properly. It is important to have proper leadership in place to guarantee the efficiency and safety of the branch.

Being a teacher of personnel within the department also follows this position. This will mean a consistent on-site presence is required. As a deputy you will observe many tests and discuss tests with personnel all throughout the branch. As well as permitting acceptable tests requiring permission from the upper echelon of the research department. This will include creating documents, lectures, and helpful guides. Grading also falls under this as this is a duty of an executive researcher and does not abstain from the position of deputy director.

As much as you will be a teacher, a major responsibility will be learning from the people around you and of the duties that follow with being the deputy. With this you will be an example to the personnel beneath you, it is of great importance that you provide the proper image and respect that you would provide anyone. As well as enforcing the rules that have been created to protect you, the personnel around you, and the safety of the foundation. These rules are the lifeline of being a researcher so providing a proper understanding of these rules to the personnel of your department is important. We are researchers, creativity is power.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

A distant reality faces peril, with the cracks of site-██'s reality now unstable there was nothing that could stop it. The inevitable has finally caught up with humanity; due to the constant use of thaumaturgic and reality affecting devices and anomalies the backlash has forsaken this reality. The site administration of site-██ has gathered personnel of importance to the foundation. Personnel from MTF commanders to senior research personnel. Then there was the HoR 'Head of Research' of site-██ who had specialized in the study of thaumatology, thaumaturgy, metaphysics, and pataphysics. A procedure known as X-K-Beta was initiated to extract personnel needed for the future of the foundation. A device was used to open rifts to unknown realities; sending personnel to different realities all over. This is where Hikov Brunski found themselves - site-56 - now yearning to continue their research and protect this reality from an inevitable fate.

Story: After finding himself within site-56 they quickly continued with procedure X-K-Beta. By following the procedure they were to keep their whereabouts of the collapsed reality quiet. As well as make themselves comfortable, as this was their new home. Quickly, they began to look over their research they brought with them. Looking for any traces of this new reality suffering the same fate. With a new chance at life Hikov knew he could not be constrained as a researcher forever. They knew their purpose grew far past just being a researcher, but to be a leader. To continue his teachings as well spreading wellness and protection over the foundation of the ones above. They want to use this as a learning opportunity; to have a grasp at this reality's leadership. They want to chase this purpose to become something greater. They have seen horrors at which human compression is impossible, experienced things no being should be subject to, and studied topics the greatest minds of this reality struggle to understand. Hikov must continue to dedicate themselves to this craft. Hikov will always be a teacher as much as they are a student. Even at the age of 83 they see no reason to stop.

Reactions: Dr. Swanson

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
+Support.
I cannot explain how great of a candinate this is. He is great at roleplay, very mature, and activte.

While he may be somewhat new ( One month or what not) He is still great. As someone who knew him from another community I feel like this is one of the best cadinates possibile

Oasis

Sep 6, 2022
+support i dont play much (any) foundation, but he’s a good fella

Leaf Ericson

Aug 17, 2022
+Full Support
-10/10 Roleplay
-10/10 Documents
-10/10
Presentations
Hikov is in my humble opinion one of the best role-players on the server, Through my interactions with him I've seen him implement lore that was so well thought out and well executed that it was accepted instantly, Improve events by adding elements to the story not thought of before hand, Write some of the most compelling presentations I've seen, and also become famous amongst the research community, I believe in his albites so much that i actually wrote out my recommendation. If any person deserves to be Swanson's right hand man its him.

shirt-1602607272-c2bb5ce5b25f759f4072b9a68a68c609-removebg-preview (1).png

Pugkipz

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 18, 2022
Puerto Rico
+Support
Excellent Roleplay
Excellent Reputation
All around good person.

I highly recommend this guy for the position.

Man Manson

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2021
The individual applying is an incredible candidate for DOR:

- Extensive and Creative Presentations for All Foundation Personnel
- Seriously RP and helps new researchers
- Easy to talk to and good role model for new researchers

Because of the above he would be a great candidate for DOR and has my full +Support.

LittleMsStupid

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
logo.png

From the office of ████████
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Pending
Thank you for taking the time to apply for The Director of Research. We have received multiple applications for this role, and as such, will be taking some more time to consider 1 for the role of Director of Research. Both applications will remain on my desk until a final verdict can be provided by the ████████ ███████. You will receive an update upon our decision.
-██-█
Secure. Contain. Protect.​

LittleMsStupid

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
logo.png

From the office of ████████
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Accepted
Thank you for taking the time to apply for The Director of Research. After careful consideration from the ██ ███████, we have decided that you are a suitable role for The SCP Foundation's Site-56 Director of Research. You will be assigned as the deputy director until your current director's employment is altered. Please contact staff for the whitelist. Congratulations, Director Hikov.
-██-█
Secure. Contain. Protect.​

Status
Not open for further replies.