[USA] Nico's Ethics Committee Member Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico | Od1n

Mar 17, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:72265955

Discord name: Mr Man#2660

For how long have you played on CG SCP:

I have played since release of the UK server. (This is accounting for breaks due to IRL circumstances and playing casually).

In what country are you located?: UK

Time zone: GMT

Character name(s): Mr. Kruger, CI “Unstable”

Civilian name: Big Man Ferd

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

SCP-RP USA (It fits my working schedule better)

Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

A-1 Enlisted (Held), Overseer Assistant (Holding), CI-D (Held), O-1 Enlisted (Held), Site Advisor (Holding)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

2 Warnings. RDM just as I joined the server. As a Cadet a D-Class with a gun ran to toilets, I followed through to the toilets and dumb me killed a different D-Class. Second warning was an RDA warning, this warning was due to my misinterpretation of rule 1.5 in the MOTD. As a D-Class with cuffs I was cuffing and uncuffing people, which I thought would not constitute as an arrest, I will not do so again. No new warnings since my Overseer Assistant application.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

I am applying to the Ethics Committee Member role. I would like to uphold the Code of Ethics within the facility, which improves the experience of new players and sets up simple rules for the server to follow within RP. Right now the Ethics Department in the US is very low in numbers due to a mass exodus to O5 and inactive Members, I would like to be an active member of the Department helping around the facility.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

As stated in my previous applications:

I have held an assistant position for a manager in a local Accounting Firm. This allows me to understand the role in all its intricacies. I can fulfil the role in a very natural way and will do so in a professional manner.

I am currently studying an undergraduate in Business Management at University. I will be able to use my theory knowledge to better manage the facility, from Reward Systems for senior positions to Organisational Culture and Structure. This course has given me an insight on how to best manage the Facility and its personnel.

I have held the position of Site Advisor for almost a month now. This has given me an insight on how the broader management of the facility works and how to uphold the Code of Ethics within the facility. Having many roleplay interactions to do so.

I am someone that can be active in a daily basis not only in the server fulfilling my duties but also on social media such as Discord. I am someone that can invest a reasonable amount of time into the Committee and will do so in a consistent basis. (Dependant on studies)

To reiterate from my previous O5 and O5 Assistant applications, I wish to help grow the community of the new server by improving the experience of the new members that flock daily. By being part of the Ethics Committee and their duties, I will be able to make such experience possible.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

The role of ethics is to make sure that everyone on site is ethical and are treating everyone equally in the same manner. From Ethical testing and interrogations to Gensec following the Code of Ethics. The Ethics Committee decides whether things are ethical or unethical for the benefit of the Foundations motives and collaborative goals. Ethics are dedicated to keep a watchful eye of all matters occuring in the facility to ensure that everyone is following the Code of Ethics. The Ethics Department also does regular "check ups" of departments to ensure that the Code of Ethics is followed throughout the facility, rewarding those that are found to follow.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

The Ethics Committee assign the following positions:
  • Director Of Medicine
  • Ethics Assistants
  • Director of IA (Along with O5)
They are also to make sure that said departments are running smoothly and following protocol. They also do have a hand into the MTF O-1, helping the command structure of said MTF and making sure they perform extraordinarily around the facility.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Ferd Kruger was born in Munich, Germany to a single parent. Since he was little, he has had a fascination for the occult and its mysteries. After finishing middle school, he and his mother moved to the USA due to her finding a new job. Little did he know his mother was working as a Researcher in Site-██. He then started watching many documentaries about alien life on earth and the occult, which was when he made it his life goal to find what the government and high-class society is hiding from the rest of the world. When he became of age, he enlisted in the Army with the goal to join the FBI and was selected for Special Forces, it was then that a mysterious man approached him.

This man gave him a letter, which reads:

Dear Mr. Kruger,

We have been monitoring your military training with great interest. We have also learned that you have an interest in the occult, quite an interesting subject. Our organisation does so too, we cannot disclose much in this letter. We come to you to offer you a position in such organisation, this is due to such interest and the training underwent at the Army. We understand you might been having doubts of our legitimacy at this moment, but we assure you we are of no threat to you. We are willing to meet to discuss it further at location ████████ 22:30 on ██ July if interested in the role. We only ask that you come alone for security reasons.

Kind regards,
████████████

At first Ferd became quite tense. Who were this people, what was this “Organisation”? But the more he thought about it the more his curiosity for mysteries made him forget about the danger and started making him increasingly interested in the proposal. To the point that he went to this “meeting”.

[THE MEETING]

Ferd drove to the location at the allocated time but by the time he made it there the parking lot was empty. Ferd parked his car and started leaving the car when two black tinted cars drove in and parked right behind his car negating any exit Ferd could have. It was at that moment that a man in a black suit, black hat and covered face got out of one of the vehicles and started approaching Ferd. Said man greeted Ferd telling him he was the one that wrote said letter and selected him for said job. He also explained that by entering the car with him he would agree to such job proposal.

Ferd started to feel fear for his life, he could gaze into one of the cars and see very armed men waiting for instructions. But he was extremely interested in what this job could entail, he could not let doubts get in the way of his goals. And so, he jumped in the back of the car with the mysterious man. It was then that the mysterious man started telling him of what the job would entail. He was told to read and sign paperwork detailing the job of a “General Security Cadet”, why did he give up Special Forces for such a measly job as “Security”. After a few hours they drove towards this humongous facility, Ferd started questioning what kind of organisation is that big, and how come he never heard of it. Any kind of organisation that can operate a facility as big as that one must have an excessively big budget. When they made it into the facility he was then told to put on military gear and report to a Sergeant. What did I get himself into? - he thought to himself.

[THE FOUNDATION]

After a couple of months working in GenSec, he was assaulted and taken by a group of very armed men he had never seen before. He was scared for his life once again; did he do something to anger Site Administration? They sat him down in an undisclosed location and started questioning him about things he did not even know the meaning of. It was then one of the Officers congratulated him, Ferd was confused. They told him he was selected for a special MTF, they had been keeping an eye on him since he came to the facility and offered him a job in said MTF. Ferd took on the job and became and enlisted in MTF ███. He was very happy; he made into a very secretive organisation and was discovering things he never even dreamt of. But in one operation called “██████” he was MIA. Or so they thought as Ferd made his way back to the Foundation. He continued his service in the MTF until one day he had learned too much. He found the secret identity of an ██ Council member. This prompted his dismissal from the MTF and what he thought was going to be his downfall.

It was then that a member of some sort of committee approached him with a proposition.

[THE CALL]

*Loud Ringtone*

Ferd: "Hello? Who is this?"

Unknown: "Hello, Ferd Kruger. We have heard of your story and we are interested in allowing you to help us keep ██████ and the other ██ Council members in check. We know of what you have done and such skills cannot be underestimated, even less with what those members have done around the Foundation. We will get you out of your situation, but we have one single condition."

Ferd: "And what would that be?"

*Audio Cuts Out*

Unknown: "We are glad you accepted such proposition. We will see each other soon enough... Good bye, Mr Kruger"

*End of Audio*

Last edited:

Timber/PEEK

Feb 17, 2022
+SUPPORT
-Great RP
-Has a very good amount of CL LVL 4 experience
-Would fit greatly within the EC
-Lots of managing experience

Soggy

Apr 28, 2022
+SUPPORT
-Great RP
-Has a very good amount of CL LVL 4 experience
-Would fit greatly within the EC
-Lots of managing experience

- This is from peek no clue on how to quote

Shmickle

Apr 12, 2022
Untitled (3) (5).png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Nico's Ethics Application
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Thank you for showing your interest in the position of Ethics Committee member, after much debate, the committee has deiced that you are not yet suited to be a Member. Please re-apply in 2 weeks.

-Smiley​

Status
Not open for further replies.