Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Name: AG JLT Valk
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22353377
Previous Rank (convert if required): Senior Gamemaster/Roleplay Keeper
Who demoted you?: Beans (I think?)
Date of demotion?: 24th December or around that date.
What is the case against you?: Used a command I shouldn't have done and unintendedly killed everyone on the server at once.
Is this true?: It is true
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: I've only ever been demoted for this incident, but I've been demoted in MRP for toxicity around January, which I've already apologised for in private to those involved
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: Had a few warnings, can't remember the details, got a 1 day ban for the incident and a MRDM ban for suicide bombing in JAF bunks (long story)
What is your side of the story?: I can't remember the specifics, but I used the command thinking I didn't have the permissions to do so, and I did, after that I did reapply twice for GM but each time was denied due to a poor attitude in /ooc, which was fair given the circumstances. I wasn't in a great spot IRL and I took it out on the game, which isn't something I'm proud of.
Why should you return / what will you change?:

I like to think I was a good GM, I loved doing the large-scale RP events, of which I will continue bringing forward, as well as continue/redo some previous storylines. I like to plan my events for the long term and get the community interested in the story, such as the Rogue LTGEN Valkyrie arc, which I'd love to reboot.

On top of that, I was constantly running small-scale fun events during downtime, or at peak-time with enough warning. These worked especially well at bringing both sides together at a time when bickering was constant. Little events like Toy-Soldier wars, Bumper Cars and Racing were always welcomed in the community, and I think something like that would be immensely fun for the current generation of MRP.

As for what I'll change, in terms of GM performance I don't think I'll change much other than utilising the GM team more, as well as liasing with the staff team. I'll start coming up with large campaign events if accepted, and working on the dupes for the smaller events. I obviously won't be using any commands that can cause damage, that's a lesson that was learned the first time.

On a more personal note, I understand my reputation in MRP is shakey amongst the older playerbase, whilst there have been players who have undoubtedly been more toxic, abused more and just been all-round colossal smoothbrains, it was especially disappointing that someone of my age and standing in the community fell to that level. That's not who I am, it's not who I was and it's not who I'll ever be, as I said, I was in a rough spot and I took it out on the game, that won't happen again.

I understand the recent MRDM ban is likely grounds for dismissal, I've spoken to some of the senior staff team who've said if my attitude improved they'd overlook it, so please keep that in mind.

I'd also like to say that being GM last time round was some of the most fun I've ever had, I've had nothing but love for MRP and the community ever since it first released, from working up to ISAF COL and NHC to leading AG, it's given me a sense of community that so much else has failed to do so. I might be a boomer in terms of GMOD but I'll always have a soft spot for this game and the community.

Those in AG know I've switched my approach to simply making the game fun for as many people as I can do, that's why we play video-games 24/7 right? I'll bring that approach to the GM team, and consistently keep the fun events and trainings going, whilst keeping the community invested in the large-scale campaigns and story-arcs.

If I'm blacklisted from GM etc then that's fine and I completely understand, people with less infractions than me have gone to Crockett the entire map before leaving, I understand it's a lot of responsibility.

Anyways, tl;dr I won't be toxic anymore, I just want to make things fun and I hope I can show the wider community I'm not PVT Minge 3041

Valk

EVENT IDEAS *Requested by Clap*

1. LTGEN Valkyrie Arc

The story I really wanted to finish, essentially I take a RL character and turn them into an anti-hero/freedom fighter, recruiting rogues and memebrs from both USSR and NATO in order to subvert both armies and wipe out both sides in a single attack.

This is an example of the campaign style events I have planned in the past, it starts off small, with small builds and 10 minute events on whatever map we're currently on, then it grows and grows along with the 'characters' that are there, before coming to a climactic battle where the story concludes.

The LTGEN Valkyrie arc was about to hit its stride with a few map change events planned, but couldn't go through given my demotion.

2. Army-wide training and impromptu events.

RP-friendly events that involve one or both sides with specific goals in mind. For example:

A war reporter has been gathering information on the NATO base in order to sell to the local militia, the meeting is scheduled to occur in the Mosque at a defined time. It's up to the USSR to scout the area, retrieve the war reporter and interrogate them for everything they know whilst holding off NATO who are responding to the kidnapping with paradrops into the USSR base.

In this situation, there'd be optional objectives depending on the success of the attacking side, such as intel on various supply drops belonging to the Militia, the location of the Militia camp and leadership, and finally, the location of intel that would set up nicely into whichever overarching campaign event is going on.

Just an impromptu idea, other various ideas could involve human trafficking, which NATO responds to as part of their humanitarian efforts to win the hearts and minds of the local people, the USSR see this as a surprise attack, and would counter-attack the NATO forces, who have to secure the hostage, as well as holding off an onslaught of USSR troopers.

Training would be conducted for one side at a time and would involve various dupes around specific areas on the map. These training areas will be designed to help sides work together with inter-regimental communication being a priority. Officers could set up a defensive base around the dupe, with the Enlisted tasked to secure it, or it could be used to encourage paradrop trainings, pilot training, positioning, hazard awareness, perception and much more. I used to do similar things on Highland back when, and they always proved to work really well, plus, they're reusable, which is a bonus.

3. Mini-games and small events.

As mentioned previously, sometimes the community just needs to let of steam by having fun in ways that aren't just shooting one another, I used to run these events all the time for people and they were always well received.

First: Bumper cars, an arena above the ground is established with varying colours of platforms, each participant will take a car and drive to a spot of their choice, everyone will then attempt to throw one another off the platforms, the winner is the last car standing. Platforms will be deleted as time goes on to encourage people to play offensively.

Second: Toy Soldiers & WW2 Replicas.

I loved using the DOD:S assets such as the Tiger and Sherman tanks, I'd paint them green, as well as the participants, order them to opposing sides of an arena (normally town) and then begin an all-out war between them. This gives people the opportunity to use weapons and equipment they never normally would get the chance to. The winning team normally would get access to some spare Tiger tanks in the next war, or a cash prize.

Third: Machete Wars

Machete wars started as a silly event where people are placed in a cage, given machetes and told to just murder one another, the fun comes from how far your victim goes flying when you use the machete. You'd normally get 10+ people in, and the winner would receive a cash prize at the end. You can't run and hit at the same time, so you have to stop before making a hit, which makes you vulnerable, it promotes a level-playing field across all participants, and gives newer players a chance to win some money.

Lastly: Civ RP

Civ RP can be so much fun if done right, and really adds another layer of depth to whichever maps we're on. Giving the teams something to do or worry about in peacetime really ups the enjoyment you can have on MRP. It can be something as silly as parking a Civ car in NATO base and leaving it, prompting an investigation and search of the base, Civilians trespassing in either base, making false reports of suicide bombs in controlled territory, or simply coming in to cook food for the soldiers. I've loved doing Civ RP (doesn't; necessarily have to be Civs, as long as it's a character of some sorts), and the whacky situations that can come across with them is endless amounts of fun. You could dress as a WW2 soldier, claiming to be a HC's grandfather, giving MP/KGB a hard time.

As for campaign events, they take time to get the specific details, all of which I don't want to particularly leak given I love my plot twists, and the fact that the LTGEN Valk arc would be the first campaign event I pull of.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fiski69

CL4P-TP

MRP Patriot
Donator
Jan 12, 2021
England
+Support
-Mature
-Active IG/TS
-Good RP contributed to the server
-Good quality event ideas

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Valkon

Sins

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2021
Netherlands
Neutral (up to change)

- Mature
- Unsure about rule knowledge (drop a poke on ts to have a chat if you want to)
- Haven’t interacted with you in RP ways

Good luck

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Thanks for the verdicts so far,

I don't think I can show you about my RP in game up since I've come back, but I can tell you about some of the things I've been doing (including being given AG JLT on account of my dedication in reforming the regiment to promote actual RP)

Before the big map-change event I allowed myself to be captured by the USSR as a civilian, they'd found I had been inside the NATO base and kidnapped me to gain information, after I was interrogated I was then executed as a terror risk. All of this was impromptu and not sanctioned by the actual event=makers

I often go around as a civilian in my van and trespass in the NATO base to cause some alarm, normally I get arrested and everyone involved typically has a good laugh about it, other times I cause car accidents and then start asking for insurance etc.

Once I got injured by a NATO apache and I limped all the way to NATO base demanding medical aid on the grounds of international law, again all involved had good fun with it

In terms of war-time RP I am consistently relaying information in communications, following the rules and even allowing myself to be captured to create an RP scenario (such as a base raid the other day, we were rescuing a PSC and I allowed myself to be captured as opposed to killing the people in the ambush), I was then sold back to the USSR, and we kidnapped a NATO PVT who followed us out.

As GM I could expand upon these small situations easily and create much more interesting scenarios

As for rule knowledge, I know what the rules are, but I can appreciate you not taking my word for it, happy to speak to whoever about it!

Cheers fellas!

Fortze

CG Super VIP
Dec 25, 2020
+support
Was good GM before
Good epic role play abilities
Active ingame
Good rule knowledge

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
=neutral
+From what I remember in the past everything was a positive but I will need to see more of you IG to go either way (I won't be on till tommorow night)

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+support
you was one of our best event makers back in the day lad
good luck

Pasi Huovila

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Apr 27, 2021
Finland
Hello Valk,

Your application is really good and I like your ideas, I haven’t interacted with you too much yet. But from what I have, I’ve seen you do CivRP which were fun to deal with and kept people active. Only doubt about your maturity is the recent MRDM incident. I might change my verdict once I have interacted with you more, but for now it’s neutral.

Good luck!

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+Support

As a old timer and a proud yoghurt male from MRP i can vouch for this man. In the past when you were in NATO and as my CO in ISAF you had a good idea and strict in-game RP training/PT just like in the real military. I dont wanna talk about the USSR you since there has been old backlashes but thats in the past and i know you are ready and reformed to give anything just to try to be a gucci gamemaster. Valk im really proud that i had you as my CO back then and i hope youll get your Gamemaster rank back.

-Regards, Yoghurt male Lee Falzone

Beskar

Mar 1, 2021
+support
You’re active in-game/teamspeak and your Idea’s are also good. Haven’t really interacted too much with You but when I did it was friendly and approachable. Best of luck, valkyrie

Risky

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 26, 2020
U.S.A.
+Support
Youre were a really good gm when you gm previously so I fully support you being gm again

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Wondering if there's been any update on this? Not sure if it's fallen through or if people are taking a bit more time to see how I am in game, no rush either way, just wanting to make sure it hadn't been lost

Status
Not open for further replies.