Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Name: Valk
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22353377
Previous Rank (convert if required): Senior Game Master
Who demoted you?: Nobody, I resigned
Date of demotion?: 18th December (I think?)
What is the case against you?: I resigned to focus on university work
Is this true?: It is!
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: I was demoted for the infamous !sslay * incident
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: Several warnings and one MRDM ban, none recently however (think the last was for ROE or combat jumping)
What is your side of the story?: Well, I left due to a buildup of university work, it wasn't tenable for me to both plan out large scale events AND my university work at the same time, I had to resign to kinda force myself to focus, which is a shame given the immense positive response my last event had.
Why should you return / what will you change?:

I like to think my events went down well with people, I always spent a lot of time planning and getting the lore around the events at the forefront of it all, as such my events often felt like there were very high stakes.

With me as a GM last time around, I helped suggest and test many new features that can (and will) be utilised in future for more exciting missions and events, such as TPA and a brand new storyline revolving around them, and potentially more Joint-Ops missions in the future.

In terms of change, my approach to events won't really change, except I'd place a higher focus on expanded lore and storytelling, getting people intereested in the characters and situations that I create. It's all about building anticipation and that's something I want to bring back to the GM team.

As for regimental missions - this new map has buckets of potential for them, there's so much space and character to the locations that all I've wanted to do since logging on to it is build up huge event dupes, training dupes and so forth. I felt limited by Afghan as I had to build a lot of the character myself with the props, however, the new map negates that problem and will allow myself and other GMs to make events that are memorable, and most importantly, fun.

This community has held a special place for me ever since I first joined, and it's been the most fun for me when I was given the responsibility of being a gamemaster. I'd like to be given that responsibility back again and give back to the community in the form of fun events.

As for reasoning, I was reliable in delivering my events, planning them out and actually making them fun, I was considerate in level design, storytelling and forward planning, contingency planning and event timing. All of this I can bring back again, even better this time round.

Also, as UHC GEN, there's not much for me to really do around base and in wars, we have an excellent UHC team that have taken the mantle of war leadership and so I feel my time would be better spent as a gamemaster, planning events, trainings etc (you know the drill at this point).

I have just come off a fairly lengthy ROA, so I understand if activity is a deciding factor and I'm happy to wait the two weeks to show improved activity if need be. That being said, I don't think I've been inactive by any stretch, I've just not been as public in my appearance (not leading wars etc)

Anyway, I thank you all for leaving your verdicts!

-Valk

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
BIG +support
literally the best game master ever in my opinion, has all the skills and it is noticeable that he really likes making events so other people can have more fun

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
I could write an essay why this shouldnt be denied. But to be short and to the point:
+ did MASSIVE amount of events with good lore/gameplay
+ very invested

+Support

Nikita Dorashov

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 18, 2021
Latvia
+SUPPORT

A really good gamemaster want him back ASAP.
But in all seriousness he was a really good gm and having him back would make the server better imo!

Mango

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2021
Massive +Support

Honestly, your events were beyond fun with their own backstories and which made the server an active community, Your ambition and work ethic is beyond what can be stated as excellent and truly can say that you deserve the position back!

Best of Luck,

Mural

Civil Gamers Expert
Jun 8, 2021

+Support

+ Made very cool events and made very cool RP
+ Very cool and active
+ Is uni student so must have at least half a brain!

Good luck Mr UHC GEN Valk sir 🇷🇺

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
HUGE +SUPPORT
+Mature
+Made great to amazing events in the past.
+Great lore maker
+Very dedicated

Good luck Valk

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
+Support

Semi active :) but events and executions are very well done, I cannot see any reason for you to not get re instated as GM.

LuZ

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 29, 2020
+SUPPORT

+ Good events previously
+ Was a good GM
+ Nice guy!

Despite this being his 100th demotion appeal I would love to see Valk as a GM again! 😄

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Just a note on activity

- I've recently had to spend a lot more time in University so the next week or so will be quite hectic for me, meaning I will have to suspend this application or withdraw it until such a time I can reliably get online.

I didn't know this would be the case when I made the appeal. I really want to get back to making fun events for all of you but sadly over the next few weeks I just can't make the time to do so.

Thank you all for the immense support and (provided staff let me) I'll be back very soon!

(will still hop in game ofc)

Jons

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
+Support

Used to enjoy every event that was made by this lad, best of luck.

Beskar

Mar 1, 2021
+support

-Active IG/TS3
-Friendly
-Good events done previously

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.