Valk's Goodbye Post (touching grass at 3am)

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Who remembers the last one of these that I did that I deleted because I was really toxic in game?

Hopefully me leaving now, the image many of you have of me is different, and that I'm leaving on friendly terms as opposed to just being a loudmouth idiot again.

I've been on MRP since day one, and it's been such a fun experience and adventure, despite the ups and downs. I've held a magnitude of roles, made friends who are fantastic, and even gained some real life organisational skills (ik I need to touch grass)

I could sit here and write a huge thank you to each individual player who I'll miss dearly, but nobody really cares about that, and public displays of adoration are not really my thing. So instead, I'll opt it to the entire community.

MRP has helped me through rough times, very rough times, times where I wasn't myself and the only thing preventing me from falling off the edge was a garrysmod server. Mental health isn't exactly something that comes to me naturally, so when it falters I drop HARD. When I first started playing MRP, it gave me enough joy to simply get through a day, and that was enough.

I first started in ISAF, and I was the first EVER player on MRP to make my way through the ranks in order, no skips, no cooldown breaks, nothing, each rank, one after the other, all the way up to COL. Being COL of ISAF was so much fun for me, it gave me chance to really make the regiment my own in a way I don't think anyone has really managed to do yet. Of course, COLs had a little more autonomy back then, I don't think people could rebrand their regiments that easily anymore.

I then made it to LTCOL in AG, before the week of mega toxicity and the !sslay * incident. I still don't remember basically anything from that week, but that's when I first left.

Then back in AG and all the way to GRM! I'd like to think I was a good GRM for the most part, definitely had far too many people come to me with their personal problems on MRP, but other than that, it was great being at the pinnacle of the USSR, and the highest rank on the server for a couple of weeks before I left.

GRM wasn't really too much fun for me and I've never really kept that a secret, but it did allow me to reorganise an entire team, and it did give me that special feeling I had when I was reforming ISAF all that time ago.

So what's next for me?

65 hour work weeks! I've got two jobs now, bills are quite expensive and I have a family to provide for, can't do that lording over a fictional side on MRP unfortunately.

Everyone always says they aren't coming back, but in this instance, I don't think I can, maybe I will in the future, but if I do then something's gone wrong and not according to plan. I turn 25 in September, and I'm a bit uncomfortable playing a game which, despite being from my own childhood, is now occupied by people considerably younger than me.

In all honesty, unless I have an abundance of free time and an inner circle of older players, I don't think I'm coming back to MRP. It saddens me to write this and it's starting to dawn on me slightly, but sometimes we have to just face what's best for ourselves and just pull the trigger.

I would finally like to say thank you to the senior staff team who decided to take another chance on me when I returned last August, I hope you don't think that chance backfired, although I doubt I'd have made GRM if it did.

Valk

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
You will be missed mr Valk. God bless you and your future endeavours. Best of luck my friend.

• Love
Reactions: Valkon

Kvalax

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jan 13, 2022
O-Block
What's FSB gonna do now without Valk...

You will be missed, and wish you the best of luck in the future! ?

• Love

Harry

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 28, 2021
Goodbye fatty!!

I will always miss codebreaking in you events and Hope that you will enjoy the rest of your future,

Good luck Valk!!
Harry ??
(LTGEN Valkyrie Arc will never end :bias:)

• Love

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
@Valkon i know ive not played on MRP at the same time as you and us chatting for 6 months+ but you have always been a good person to chat with so i wish you a good farewell and hope to one day see you back here after everything is better (have fun with your family and see you later valk)
-Dor

• Love

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
I remember accepting your CO app in AG, and it was the best decision I've ever made
seeing you working yourself up to GRM, shows that you are competent and friendly

I will miss you,

• Love

Falcon

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 21, 2020
Devon
en.wikipedia.org
As much as we've had our working differences, you were a great member of NATO, USSR and the Game Master Team and you will be sorely missed. The effort you've put into your roles is second to none and you have been a vital member of the community.

I hope you return at some point, even as a one-off to play as a Private as you are always welcome here.

Good luck in all future endeavours.

• Love

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Valk valk valk...
I will miss you greatly <3
Unlimted love from your austrian husband,
Chad

(hopefully we will still play funi button game sometimes!)

• Love

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
Depressing to see you leave, one of the most nice people even when we have our differences. You see my POV and etc.

Goodbye GRM Valkon :salute:

• Love

Astolfo

MRP War Veteran
Jun 12, 2021
Damn valk is leaving...
Last time I was this sad was when my ps4 died :(
I have to say you were one of the people that changed the server for good.
Hope you do well in life and good luck with your new jobs. (also hope you dont hate me after what i did ❤️)

• Love

N/.A

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Mar 30, 2021
Good bye Valk, you will be sorely missed. I enjoyed working with you when I was a staff member and was someone I could always rely on the game master team without fail.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

?

• Love

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Damn valk is leaving...
Last time I was this sad was when my ps4 died :(
I have to say you were one of the people that changed the server for good.
Hope you do well in life and good luck with your new jobs. (also hope you dont hate me after what i did ❤️)
Saddens me that you think I hate you, don't hate you at all, my reaction to it was a case of 'you muppet' more than anything!

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Valk valk valk...
I will miss you greatly <3
Unlimted love from your austrian husband,
Chad

(hopefully we will still play funi button game sometimes!)
Ofc, we still haven't achieved our goal of code nuke, I won't rest until we do

Kenan

Civil Gamers Expert
May 14, 2021
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It was good working alongside you for the short time you were there while i was high command. You helped me in a lot of situations and you are really a great dude i wish you could've stayed longer.

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
@Valkon The legend that made me the player I am today. You will never be forgotten :salute: