Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Name: Valkyrie
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22353377
Previous Rank (convert if required): Senior Gamemaster/Roleplay Keeper
Who demoted you?: Beans/MysticAce
Date of demotion?: 23rd December (I think, could've been 22nd)
What is the case against you?: During the later hours, I used a command I was not expecting to work which immediately killed everyone on the server. Luckily, it was around 10 people, but nonetheless it wasn't acceptable.
Is this true?: Yes, it's true.
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: No, I've not been demoted prior to this.
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: I got banned as a result of this incident for 24 hours, which I believe was more than fair given the severity of the incident. I've had a few warns here and there, and recently I've been muted in game a few times for encouraging toxicity in ooc.
What is your side of the story?: It was late at night, I was perhaps a little bit over-enthusiastic about the new powers that GM's had, I found I was able to target mystic with certain commands, and then jokingly I said "watch me do something stupid", expecting nothing to happen and then the joke would be "oh Valkyrie's being stupid again", but I didn't exactly think that if I could target management I could target everyone at once, and so I silently slayed everyone at once.
Why should you return / what will you change?:
I was a good gamemaster and certain one of the more active ones, I had a tremendous amount of fun running that larger scale lore-based events, and community feedback closely aligns to this. I was good at creating smaller mini-game events which people consistently enjoyed, I was able to bring a great amount of enjoyment to the server when I was GM.

I always included NATO/USSR equally in my events, which allowed for community divides to be briefly healed over, my larger-scale lore events were always interesting, clear and concise. Even when I haven't been gamemaster I've been trying my best to bring new roleplay situations to the community, such as Crossen's wife/son from an accidental glitch in the modelling system.

I play the server primarily to roleplay, wars don't particularly interest me given I've been on the community since day one, but the endless and fun situations you can create in such a setting and what really appeals to me, and to be given back the tools to further enhance that and allow more people to have fun on the server would be phenomenal. Out of all my roles, gamemaster is the one I miss doing the most, it allowed me the freedom to bring fun to other people, as well as to keep myself interested in the server going forward.

I still have several large scale events planned, with a lot of map change events in the backlog, my storytelling and ability to create interesting, engaging and fulfilling campaign arcs has been noticed by most people in the community. Simply look at the LTGEN Valkyrie arc as to how successful something like that can end up being.

Just a foreword on recent events: I know there has been some concern as to my attitude recently, and this isn't unfounded concern. I have apologised to most people I have upset and I have no tangible excuse as to not take responsibility for it. The past week or so, I've been working hard to reduce toxicity in OOC, to get people to get along, and all round I've been working on being a more valuable member of the community, something I hope everyone can observe happening.

Should you accept me back as GM, I'll get started right away on my event ideas, to give you guys some fun downtime mini-events, and to start working on larger story campaign events also.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the community has to say, I'm open to hearing all feedback. I have a feeling this might get denied due to the past week or so, but nonetheless I'd be amiss for not giving the appeal a go.

-Valkyrie.

Clouds

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
I'm not sure if I should comment here buut
As a gamemaster, I'd like to see you back as a gamemaster, even though you were toxic, its been around a week since that and you apologized and chilled out. Overall a definite +Support from me!

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+support pretty much carried the GM team with larger events
but stop being based

• Love
Reactions: Spuds

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
++support
- Every event you made is fun, and amazing.
- You created an entire story for a event that would still be going on to this day if you we're never demoted.
- I understand the reason for your demotion, and I know it was a huge mistake, but if you are able to get GM back, please just work on your attitude. Lately you have been amazing, and I see that you have changed after your past experiences.
- I really hope the admins will allow you to have your spot back on the GM team, I really look forward to having fun with all of your event ideas

Beans

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Heinz
Denied
Since your demotion your attitude has been subpar and your actions don't fill me with confidence that you have made efforts to improve this. You can re-appeal in 2 weeks.
Locked.

• Angry
Reactions: Shepherd and Remmy
Status
Not open for further replies.