Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Name: Valkyrie
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22353377
Previous Rank (convert if required): Senior Gamemaster/Roleplay Keeper
Who demoted you?: Beans/Mystic Ace
Date of demotion?: Not too sure, 22nd or 23rd December
What is the case against you?: I was stretching the new abilities that were granted to the newly made GM rank, and in doing so I ran a command I assumed wouldn't work and slayed the entire server in one go.
Is this true?: Yes, it's true and I've never attempted to deny it.
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: I've never been demoted OOC before.
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: I've had several kicks for being AFK and a couple for toxicity in ooc. I got a 24 hour ban for the !sslay incident, which was entirely warranted.
What is your side of the story?: It was very late on at night, I found I was able to physgun the management rank, which at the time I thought was quite a funny quirk, I then said in ooc "should I do something stupid", expecting nothing to actually happen when I ran the command, the joke being "Oh Valk did nothing what an idiot" or something along those lines. I think the ban given was more than fair given the severity, and the demotion was also warranted given the situation.
Why should you return / what will you change?:
I think I was a great GM, I was always really passionate about running my events and bringing new, interesting stories and campaigns to the server, as well as some fun mini-game events during down-time.

My events were mostly successful and I was always keen to bring new stuff to the table and learn from user feedback instead of vehemently defending against it. Recently I've not noticed as many events being run, and the quality of RP on the server is starting to slip, which is sad to see given that RP is the main reason I even play on MRP in the first place. I want to return to my position to help improve in those areas, and to help run events that will begin to unify the community as a whole.

I'm aware that my behaviour last time I put up an appeal wasn't acceptable, and I agree, the week after my initial demotion was a very tough week for me, and I again apologise for anything I may have said or done to upset people. I've learned to manage that side of me a lot better now, and I really hope a lot of you have noticed that. I've also taken the liberty to move down the ranks so I can exclusively focus on the roleplay aspect if I got this position back. I want a fresh start on MRP, to move up the ranks again properly and to bring events back to the community that has given me so much enjoyment since its release.

I've been brimming with new event ideas, and I have tremendously missed the building, the writing and the execution of my events. I believe if accepted back I can start to push things forward again and bring new, interesting ideas to all of you. As I said in my last appeal, I always included both NATO and the USSR in all my events, I never showed any favouritism, I simply wanted people to have fun and to roleplay. I also have some great new ideas for individual regimental training on both sides, I aim to try and include several training-only events across the week, this will be the case for both NATO and the USSR.

Regarding activity, I'm aware I have not been active in wars and such over the past few weeks, and that was exclusively so I could spend some time working on myself and just getting to know people in the community again strictly for the reason of reapplying for gamemaster. If accepted back, I'll be back to my normal levels of activity.

I hope you can consider this application, I also hope you can see that I've been genuine in my attempts to heal over any wounds I may have created in the community, and that I've tried to heal over any divides before they even happen. I've severely reduced my participation in OOC arguments, and I can assure everyone that will not be a problem again - I've already stated several times I was disappointed in myself for all of that.

All the best,

Valkyrie

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
+support

Though you've been on a sort of hiatus I still continue to believe you are and will continue to be a great game master. Your creative-writing allowed you to concoct some great lore and the dedication you showed to your role was exemplary and I look forward to seeing more of your events in the near future.

I still personally think the error with the roles is for the staff who handles roles to be blamed because well.. it was you.. and you thankfully don't minge; I personally believe it's great you did that so that the role assignment guys could plug that hole and prevent it from ever happening again in the future because that role was a poor man's super admin before you "abused" it. One may call it abuse, I call it pentesting xD

Nonetheless for the benefit of yourself and only yourself I implore you to watch your tone on OOC since nobody likes locking horns with you, for your OWN benefit alone. Arguments are warranted just don't initiate them honestly.

I wish you good luck and hope you get un-demoted soon. It would be nice to reinstate your rank to SGM since it's kinda harsh to go back to GM when you gave this post a signal boost but thats on the SA/Beans/Clonk/Smith/idk team.

Special reference: "I started this gangsta shit, this the motherfuckin thanks I get?"

Reactions: Fox

Alp

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Neutral
  • Was a very good GM previously
  • Good event ideas
  • No longer toxic or rude
  • Really shaky activity
Although your attitude and behavior has improved drastically, your activity is still shaky. I know you say you will be back for good if this application gets accepted but over the past few weeks, you have “left” and come back several times so I obviously can’t take your word for it. I also think someone applying for GM should already be very active and not have the attitude of “I’ll be active if I get it”.

I hope you understand. Best of luck with your application!

Reactions: Fox

Fox

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
England
+Support

+Good Event Ideas
+Mature
+Active In-Game
+Active In TS
+Amazing GM