'Winkie' Brekker (Moderator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Rotch

May 14, 2022
Your in-game name?: Mike Davidson (formerly Mike Rotch)

Your SteamID?: STEAM_0:0:435125571

Which server are you making a complaint for?: US SCP-RP

Are you complaining because of someone or because of server content?: Someone

Name of players/staff/VIPs involved?: 'Winkie' Brekker (Moderator)

STEAM ID's involved (if possible): Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SapperWinkie/

What is the details/summary of your complaint (provide as much detail as possible)?: First things first, this moderator is a good dude. I was pissed out of my mind because I felt targeted and abused throughout the whole thing. However, this giga-chad stayed calm through the whole thing.

I'm writing out my complaint because when attending a sit I made against players RDM'ing, he kept me afterward to discuss my former name "Mike Rotch." He ordered me to change my name because it "broke the naming conventions." He was kind enough to give me the link to the MOTD since it's not available from the in-game link. The rule he's referring to is "1.20 Naming Conventions - Names used when creating a character must be realistic and not contain any special characters, unnecessary letters, numbers, or resemble a famous celebrity or character." However, nowhere in this rule description did my name not follow the conventions. After angrily saying my rebuttal, he FROZE me and changed my name to Mike Davidson, and told me not to change it. This pissed me off to a whole other level. At this point, I've clocked in hours of game time on the server and never once got confronted about the name, an admin even approved of the name after changing it from "Ecco2K" to "Mike Rotch." Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the admin because that was nearly a week ago. There are also so many other meme names on the server (Examples: Mike Hunt, "Damn" Daniel, "Dirty" Dan, and "Heisenburg" White). My top blew off and I said things I definitely shouldn't have said ("Stop being a stuck-up twit," "why can't you read?" something about him being "smooth-brained," etc). I'm not complaining about being punished for being toxic, as a mute for 5 minutes and warn was reasonable. But I felt it's only fair I came clean with my mistakes if I was going to critique his. Anyways, I can't believe I was the only player that experienced this rapid name change for a name that followed the conventions. On top of that, I'm not even allowed to change it. What if another Admin warns me because it has the same last name as Pete Davidson or is the same name as celebrity Mike Davidson on Twitter? Even then, I don't like my name and would like to be able to either change it back or to another one with the consent of a Senior Moderator.

If any of you could explain why my former name didn't follow the name conventions, that would be greatly appreciated. As of right now, I don't think he should have made me change my name (AKA: changing it for me after freezing me [why did he freeze me?]). I regret losing my cool and give props to the admin for staying calm through the whole thing. The server was dealing with many rule breaks at the time and I understand why he would think my name was bad. However, I have to come to the forums because he still changed my name after I tried to "reason" with him.

Evidence (Screenshots or video):
1. "1.20 Naming Conventions - Names used when creating a character must be realistic and not contain any special characters, unnecessary letters, numbers, or resemble a famous celebrity or character."
2. !logs if they're still available.
3. My name is currently "Mike Davidson."

If you have any questions, please email me at aidenkollars@gmail.com because I doubt I can respond before this thread locks.

Winkie

SCP-RP Staff
Mar 27, 2022
Hello!

I am the staff member in question hence I will provide to the fullest extent of the scenario laid to me.

Upon taking your sit which isn't too relevant to your complaint I decided to take no action on either party, respectively as there was no evidence or framework for me to even consider a viewpoint. Upon doing so, I noticed your name was "Mike Rotch" which has one intention and is very clear. Within itself, respectfully, it's not to be tolerated. When I gave you an ultimatum of changing your name or I will do so myself you decided to state the following: "So to hell I will, you deaf c***" at which I stated to you disrespect will not be tolerated. It's extremely shocking to hear this language with such passion and meaning to a staff member when we help moderate the community, making it the very place you want to be I assume. We have one intention and that is to improve the quality of RP and to make it a fun and safe environment for all people's across the world.

I then asked you politely to not disrespect myself again. I was trying to speak with you and you kept running around the admin room going out of voice range, hence I dragged you towards myself and froze you so I could speak to you. It didn't seem to bother you at all what I was saying. Therefore I felt the appropriate measure as given to me by the Guidelines was to warn you for toxicity as you have no remorse for your actions.

Upon no further discussion about your name I stated any concerns with my judgement such as forcing your name change, consult to the forums to avoid your anger ruining what you believe in. As you returned you stated "Some admins need to lose a few chromosomes", "Is my name as Mike Rotch seriously more important tha the bullsh** that's going...." Hence why you was muted. Upon being muted I explained to you that you will be muted for 5 minutes to a repeat offence of toxicity. I understood your frustration and still advised you to consult to the forums rather than taking it in-game. You then stated in admin chat "@WTF Is this admin abuse. Unmute me you dirt bag."

After this continued abuse I still did not let any feelings ruin my impartial ability as a moderator. I told you once more to cut the attitude and to continue roleplay and this is where you consulted to the forums. You then apologized to me in-game which is appreciated.

The other parties you mentioned such as "Mike Hunt" was also going to be dealt with but I was disturbed by yourself, and said person logged of by that point.

If theres anything else you need clarification for let me know.

LOGS: (Mike Rotch/Mike Davidson is said person reporting myself)

Mike Rotch

May 14, 2022
Thank you for your response. However, I do regret my actions and will work on my anger management. Also, the only times I ran around was when you were standing still and not talking. I assumed you were checking logs and I was just keeping myself busy. Upon freezing me, you didn't speak to me. I know this is being a bit nitpicky, but I don't want to give off the wrong impression. It's also not entirely impossible for things like this to get distorted in memory.

Again, thank you for your response and I wish I could take back saying all those disgusting things. ☺️

Mike Rotch

May 14, 2022
Also, I would still like an explanation of how my former name broke the conventions, as that's the reason why I'm posting on forums. Up to now, I still don't understand.

Winkie

SCP-RP Staff
Mar 27, 2022
Also, I would still like an explanation of how my former name broke the conventions, as that's the reason why I'm posting on forums. Up to now, I still don't understand.
Hello,

The reason for times where I wasn't talking I was asking my peers such as other staff members to double check my judgement. They stated the name was also mingey therefore I should take action on this. That is why I appeared quiet at times. When I pulled you towards myself and froze I most definately spoken to you, I would have no other reason to do so otherwise.

We will leave this for SLT to review as it will just end up in circles! Anything else need clarifying do let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.